• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT11| Schlong Days, Kipless Nights

Empty

Is Lambert under pressure? Villa have regressed since last season, when the only way was up :s

yeah. everyone was talking last season about how well they'd do if they stayed up with all the young players lambert was bringing into the team. haven't seen enough of them to know what's gone wong though, other than benteke being out of form.

Carbonox

Ac88WH4.jpg

get relegated stoke

Allardyce is getting sacked after this.

To be replaced by....????

I don't see much option but to stick with him. We're hardly an attractive prospect, have little in the way of funds to spend (thank you, Financial 'Fair' Play!) and our only hope rests on Andy fucking Carroll being fully fit long enough to score a few goals. So yeah, we're likely fucked, but we're fucked with or without Allardyce.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Well we were shit today.

But the referee made a catastrophic mistake not sending off Reid. I have never seen a more blatant yellow card not given. If he'd gone off we would have scored in the last half hour, Rose was bossing the left side.

Have they though? Last season they were relegation contenders for much of the season, I think if you look at their points total they may well be doing better than last season

Their results may be slightly better, not sure. Where is the beacon of hope though? The sporadic phases of good play? The good moves let down by poor finishing?

There doesn't seem to be much to make them hopeful of imminent improvement at the moment

Fry

Arsenal 39
Chelsea 37
Liverpool 36
City 35
Everton 34
New 33
Utd 31

As it stands. We'll stay in the top 4 in case we lose. :D

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Great games and results so far!

Sorry for Aston Villa GAF though <3

and now..

Brendan's battleship vs The Engineer's bullet train.
a zeppelin away from home

Hixx

All of the teams who started today in the bottom 3 won. Fucking typical.

Villa and Norwich I hope you get relegated.

You know what.... I think Lambert may actually get sacked in the next fortnight.

And I hope we are the ones who get him the sack. The way he went on when O'Neill got sacked I hope he chokes on the fat, hairy cock of the sack himself.

Wes

venison crêpe
Allardyce is next. Don't think Lambert is going.

I can only speak to Villa. I've felt the last couple of matches our problem was a lack of creativity. Today, when we dominated possession, again we had no creativity but we had the wrong players out there.

I've been behind Lambert since he came here, and I didn't want him to go last year, but I'm losing hope fast.

justjohn

A Suarez suspension or injury is the only thing that could save us.
And you call yourselves Chelsea fans. Shitting yourself over Liverpool. Liverpool. Lol

A run of good games doesn't negate the fact that this shit club hasn't relevant in almost a decade.

Hixx

3 clean sheets in a row, 3 unbeaten, only team to beat Everton at home in the year... still bottom.

Football fuck off

Carbonox

Villa are 2 points off 10th. It's tight but there is plenty of time left. Villa ain't going down, that's for sure. The teams below them are far worse. Crystal Palace are jammy cunts though.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
After the debacle of Arse Chelsea I refuse to believe another top game is going to be shit, especially on this day of red cards. City at home, Liverpool with Suarez.

10 goals pls, dont care who wins

GQman2121

Banned
Why are all these Chelsea fans acting like they have already lost? Pathetic.

We've been terrible the last month, which is typical for this point of the season the last few years.

I think we'll keep it close, but it'll end up like our Arsenal and United games.

Kyoufu

We REALLY need to beat Arsenal on Sunday. I'd normally think a point against them would be acceptable but Everton have a tough game against Southampton next and Manure are playing Norwich. We can't drop points even if it's against the top clubs.

Cissokho is no favourite of B-Rod, so what does this say about Kelly's fitness?

Sakho is going to have to put in a GOAT performance I think, especially since Cissokho is on his side. No room for passengers today, if anyone leaves the pitch without being drenched in sweat, they'll have disappointed.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
I got a feeling this will be great, but I fear it will be another stomp, there is simply no better team at home and on form than City in the league, Liverpool are going to have to really push hard early to get something from this.

Hindle

Banned
To be replaced by....????

I don't see much option but to stick with him. We're hardly an attractive prospect, have little in the way of funds to spend (thank you, Financial 'Fair' Play!) and our only hope rests on Andy fucking Carroll being fully fit long enough to score a few goals. So yeah, we're likely fucked, but we're fucked with or without Allardyce.

The board are bound to be looking at how Fulham and Palace have had better results with new managers. Allardyce is too much of a one trick cunt to manage any team lol. He relys too much on hoof ball.

Carbonox

We REALLY need to beat Arsenal on Sunday. I'd normally think a point against them would be acceptable but Everton have a tough game against Southampton next and Manure are playing Norwich. We can't drop points even if it's against the top clubs.

That game will go one of 3 ways (hurrdurr):

1. We win by one goal
2. Boring draw
3. Arsenal roflstomp us

We have Tiote back though so we can revert back to having Sissoko and Gouffran on the wing and Tiote/Anita/Cabaye filling out the midfield which is imperative.

As good as Ben Arfa was today, he shouldn't start against Arsenal - bring him on in the last 15 minutes or so if possible.

Hixx

Villa are 2 points off 10th. It's tight but there is plenty of time left. Villa ain't going down, that's for sure. The teams below them are far worse. Crystal Palace are jammy cunts though.

Villa are terrible. If you can afford to sit deep they are going to have huge problems scoring.

L1NETT

Need a couple of wins to stay in the playoff push. If we don't, gonna be a boring midtable second half of the season.

Hoping for some good deals in Jan. Patrick Bamford pleeeeeease Jose Mou

--

Who on earth could West Ham get in so close to January. Would be a dumb decision. Zola? Danny Dyer is running a pub now, he couldn't do it.

Lightning

Banned
Fucking Lol!

Suen

You're wishing too much. Once we start playing with 11 men (Podolski for Giroud) and Walcott scores a hat trick your hopes will all be gone.

Seriously Arse, what's wrong with some of the players in the team?

Giroud and Özil's great run at the start of the season have all gone to shit. Özil needs time to adapt better to this league (and needs to correct his fucking attitude and stop believing he is perfect, he needs to show up in every game...not only some). Ramsey is dead........Ramsey pls :(

edit: transfer window opening soon. Vela pls. We don't have any top striker to get anyway.

GorillaJu

Cissokho is no favourite of B-Rod, so what does this say about Kelly's fitness?

Sakho is going to have to put in a GOAT performance I think, especially since Cissokho is on his side. No room for passengers today, if anyone leaves the pitch without being drenched in sweat, they'll have disappointed.

Navas isn't all that tricky of a player. He's a classic winger with pace, so Cissokho and Sakho have the simpler of the two flanks to defend. The right side, with Nasri/Silva is going to be tougher.

I agree though, this game will be all about our defenders. If we can stop them from scoring freely against us we can -potentially- nick a point.

Poldi --------------------------- Theo
----------------- Ozil ------------------
------- Rambo --- Caz/Jack -----
---------------- Arteta ----------------
Gibbs --- Kos --- BFG ---- Bac
----------------- Ches ----------------

Is such a thing even possible?

Seriously though, our possession game this season has been inconsistent at best. I read somewhere that we've been top of the league in that stat for the past 4 years but are currently (before Chelsea @ home, at least) 8th. I attribute that to Rambo letting his goals affect his tactical discipline somewhat (common problem with young CMs, see: Cesc), and Ozil not dropping deep centrally as often as Rosicky/Cazorla used to.

In this system, Ramsey would have a little bit more freedom to make the runs he likes to make, likewise with Theo and Poldi, who can be higher up the pitch, and we should hold onto the ball better too.

Top Bottom