• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT11| Schlong Days, Kipless Nights

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
They were getting scrambled all game even if they dominated possession. We had like 20 shots on goal with only 3 on target, WB had 7 with 4 on target.

It like the exact same shit we had with AVB just approached from the other side.

They weren't though, second half we attacked, recovered the ball, attacked, recovered, etc. The only time West Brom had anything resembling an attack in the second half was when Reid shot that FK straight at Lloris. We just didn't have the guile to make the most of our forays into their box, the last half hour the ball just wouldn't roll for us. Perhaps if Reid had been sent off as he should have, Rose would have been able to punch through.

It's a shame that Ade has missed the entire season because he was knackered today, 3 games in 8 days is a lot for someone who's not really match sharp. He wasn't in the game at all and cost us that goal.

Salvadora

Saw it today as well. I tell you what, after sitting through like 15 minutes of that elf-dwarf-elf love triangle I wanted to strangle Jackson after that ending.

Smaug, Spiders & the Barrell escape was cool though.

Dude it was fucking terrible. Benedict Cumshot was good as Smaug, tho. The movie climaxed before the gathering of the clouds chapter
I get the feeling that Jackson is going a bit George Lucas.

In a couple of years we may be questioning the LOTR movies like the original Star Wars.

Walshy

Rodgers describing the refereeing performance as 'horrendous' and saying 'maybe next time they can appoint a referee outside of greater manchester'.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Rodgers describing the refereeing performance as 'horrendous' and saying 'maybe next time they can appoint a referee outside of greater manchester'.

Why even bother?

He'll be in the stands for a few weeks now.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I like Hamsik better in cam. Best player in the world is Cuadrado :)
I agree actually.
Has anyone here seen the Desolation of Smaug? I caught it today and wasn't particularly impressed.

Smaug was magnificant and easily the best part of the movie, but something just felt off. It was very videogamey and as a massive fan of the book, most of the added stuff just felt unnecessary.

OI EVANGELINE LILLY WAS NECESSARY

Walshy

Why even bother?

He'll be in the stands for a few weeks now.
But it was.

I fucking hate the FA. When will they fine a referee for a bad performance?

Fergurson was spot on. Why aren't more referees full time? The fact that they are part time is ludicrous.

Showaddy

I get the feeling that Jackson is going a bit George Lucas.

In a couple of years we may be questioning the LOTR movies like the original Star Wars.

Nah they're not that bad but though Jackson adapts Tolkien's scenes well his own original scenes are just absolute crap.

There's a good 2 and a half hour Hobbit movie tucked away inside these 9 hours of cringe worthy mediocrity.

Clegg

Moyes even admitted today that Rooney was doing 2-3 jobs on the pitch. That's implicitly saying that most of your other players aren't carrying their own weight - fairly damning I thought.
He's doing the job of a cm, attacking midfielder and striker. Clev has gotten a bit better, but he's still rank average. Kagawa has the skill but has never really cemented himself as a regular. And with RVP out we're asking Rooney to score goals too. Welbeck is improving but Chicha has been disappointing as of late.

Did you see some of the passes Rooney was spreading from midfield? They were Scholesesque in their accuracy. He obviously has tremendous passing technique, but we shouldn't be asking him to drop so deep to dictate play when we have need of him further up the pitch. Obviously we needed him deeper due to Carrick missing, but I don't think we should ever have been in the position where we needed him to play deeper. More quality is needed in midfield.

Salvadora

Nah they're not that bad but though Jackson adapts Tolkien's scenes well his own original scenes are just absolute crap.

There's a good 2 and a half hour Hobbit movie tucked away inside these 9 hours of cringe worthy mediocrity.
If there was a "most like Jar Jar Binks" award, Radagast would be the eternal winner.

That's proof if ever I needed it.

K1LLER7

Moyes even admitted today that Rooney was doing 2-3 jobs on the pitch. That's implicitly saying that most of your other players aren't carrying their own weight - fairly damning I thought.
He moved him to midfield towards the end. Although it was good to see Fletch back, he won't be/isn't the same player anymore.

Getting Carrick back helps, but we need someone alongside him. Moyes knows we need some players and hopefully we get a midfielder in January. Cabaye should be gettable for the right price. Hopefully he doesn't make the same mistake again in trying to get one player and forgetting about the others.

Showaddy

If there was a "most like Jar Jar Binks" award, Radagast would be the eternal winner.

That's proof if ever I needed it.

Jesus don't remind me. I don't want to sound like that guy who complains about character adaptations but Jackson really fucking shat the bed with Radagast. Like really, really shat the bed.

Glad to see Liverpool lose.

Moyes needs to make the right moves in transfer market but I am still scared that the guy who replaced Gill can't get anything done.

Brenton Rodgers is the next Arsenal manager in training. In all seriousness though, I wonder if he would take the job if it was offered to him after Wenger signs off

perfect for Arsenal innit

kobe-bryant-10.gif

lol Brendon Rodgers hasn't achieved anything with Liverpool yet.

I'd rather we have a young British manager than some mercenary like Pep, though

Lightning

Banned
Out of the epl managers I would rather Roberto Martinez. But the manager I really want is the Atletico manager. Wenger's staying anyway so it doesn't really matter anything can happen between now and when Wenger goes as it won't be for a few years yet unless health issues occur.

Ah the guy that started his career by managing his career club for several years turning them into one of the greatest sides ever conceived, only to then leave when the stress became too much and took a sabbatical, only to take over the current best team in the world.

All acts of a vicious (foreign) mercenary to be sure.

Elchele

Out of the epl managers I would rather Roberto Martinez. But the manager I really want is the Atletico manager. Wenger's staying anyway so it doesn't really matter anything can happen between now and when Wenger goes as it won't be for a few years yet unless health issues occur.

Do you expect el Cholo Simeone to learn english? :loooool good luck with that

I would take Rudi García, Pellegrini, Klopp and possibly give Erik ten Hag a shot. after Pep gets sacked
maybe even Favre. Always liked Slomka too, but don't know if he has what it takes.

pls, he does it for football

Elchele

I wonder if MvB will be a good coach in the near future. Sadly he wasn't around when Heynckes was coach so he didn't had a chance to absorb his tactics

Top Bottom