• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT11| Schlong Days, Kipless Nights

Salvadora

I'm sure United could get Cabaye, but I think they would face competition for his signature.

Woodward may be unwilling to match the wages of an oil club, but who knows, he might be desperate on deadline day. Leon is always available.

Doubt it.

He's good but not that good.

PSG maybe if they feel like a splurge, can't see who else would be interested and willing to pay.

FTR - we won't be bidding, but if we wanted him I am pretty sure we'd get him.

He's having probably his best season with us atm, I don't think he'd move to United in a turbulent season for you.

I can't see him being here at the start of next season though. He'll look beautiful in that Arsenal shirt though.

Can't see Lallana to United.

Can see Barkley if Glazers cough up enough. Just strikes me as a more Moyes signing, for obvious reasons.

No chance of us signing Barkley.

Would cost too much. £30m+ I reckon. Chelsea keen apparently...heard that has something to do with Lukaku going there. Just rumours mind but I think that's where he ends up.

Personally I'm not convinced Barkley is actually that good. Not to say I wouldn't have him, will definitely be a good player, just think he's being built up ahead of his actual talent.

L1NETT

Random, but Bioshock Infinite is a damn good game. Has issues yeah, but deffo up there in top 10 this year.

Replaying it now, and the combat is more grinding than when I first played it. Stick to the same vigors too.

@Viva. Cabaye would cost something similar. And I don't rate Cabaye as much as some. And he isn't the type of player you need.

Clegg has a point. A second Khedira move I can see.

Sadly.

Baki

He's having probably his best season with us atm, I don't think he'd move to United in a turbulent season for you.

I can't see him being here at the start of next season though. He'll look beautiful in that Arsenal shirt though.

Why would we want a 28 year old in a position we are stacked in ?

Barzul

I'm sure United could get Cabaye, but I think they would face competition for his signature.

Woodward may be unwilling to match the wages of an oil club, but who knows, he might be desperate on deadline day. Leon is always available.

They should get him imo. Him next to Carrick would be decent for United.

Clegg

No chance of us signing Barkley.

Would cost too much. £30m+ I reckon. Chelsea keen apparently...heard that has something to do with Lukaku going there. Just rumours mind but I think that's where he ends up.

Personally I'm not convinced Barkley is actually that good. Not to say I wouldn't have him, will definitely be a good player, just think he's being built up ahead of his actual talent.

He's young, talented and English. Of course he'd be the victim of overhyping.

Can't see where he'd actually start for United or Chelsea though. Or Arsenal for that matter.

Honestly don't think he'd even hesitate.

Sadly we won't even bother trying :(

Arsenal won't be coming back I don't think. They're stacked now, Ramsey exploded. Ozil on board too. Flamini doing well.

Barzul

BcXkNyPCIAAaBxX.jpg

That save.

To escape a poxy club so fucking jumped up they want to charge journalists to hear Gouffran wibble about taking it one game at a time and Ben Arfa talk shite about his ballon d'or ambitions.

Hur hur

A 'wee little club' you might say.
That you can't move ahead of in the league

All jokes aside though, I honestly don't see why he'd go to United in January. If you're sitting in the CL spots come May then, yeah, absolutely he'd move to United.

Why would we want a 28 year old in a position we are stacked in ?

Dat beauty?

He's young, talented and English. Of course he'd be the victim of overhyping.

Can't see where he'd actually start for United or Chelsea though. Or Arsenal for that matter.
I don't think he will be moving within the next couple of windows anyway.

Cabaye and Carrick midfield isn't as balanced as a Barkley Carrick midfield for me.

Both good players mind.
Not sure.

Don't think Barkley has even played in a midfield 2 much if at all?

Cabaye and Carrick would be pretty decent I think. We played with that kind of balance in midfield with Scholes for years.

Lightning

Banned
Cabaye and Carrick midfield isn't as balanced as a Barkley Carrick midfield for me.

Both good players mind.
Barkley would cost a lot of money, Everton players are expensive as fuck at the best of times and is impossible in January.

United should put in a £50m bid for Fabregas and see where it gets them.

Will pls be trolling

Not a single one of your players would turn down Man United
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif

My point isn't 'Oh he wouldn't move to United, we're above them in the league, he loves the Toon he's black and white 4 ever 2K14'

It's more that I think, at this stage in his career he's playing his best football and has his best chance of moving to a Champions League playing side. Moving to United in January might not realise his ambition, it honestly is a risk right now with so many clubs playing better football. If he keeps up his level of performance I'm sure a CL club will be in for him in the summer. One of those clubs might very well be United, and then he's certainly move without a second thought.

Edit: Stop being a tit, salazar

Facism

Gold Member
why would she just ask him that apropos of nothing

the same reason girls text other guys whilst they're going out with someone. Laying down a safety net for when she bails for new pastures.

fuck sake just got autokicked for saying "fucking lag." why are French and German server owners so fucking prude about language in their murder-death-kill games where a soldier will say "FUCK YOU" whilst slitting a throat to get a shiny dogtag?

Clegg

I don't think he will be moving within the next couple of windows anyway.

Not sure.

Don't think Barkley has even played in a midfield 2 much if at all?

Cabaye and Carrick would be pretty decent I think. We played with that kind of balance in midfield with Scholes for years.

From what I've seen of Barkley, he's more of an attacking midfielder than a central one. I'm sure he could adapt his game in time to drop deeper, but he isn't what we need atm. We need a bone fide proven cm in the team. I wouldn't say no if we were linked to him though.

I was watching the PL 100 club before the United game. They were showing a selection of Scholes' 108 best PL goals. That's what we need right now. A world class cm who can score from inside and outside the box. Tbh I'd forgotten how good he was in his prime.

kharma45

It's meant to be the same tomorrow, yeah?

Feels like I'm sitting in a wind tunnel at the moment.

I think so.

I'm enjoying watching that map, and I'm only imagining how bad it'd be if we had the red bit rather than what we have atm.

From what I've seen of Barkley, he's more of an attacking midfielder than a central one. I'm sure he could adapt his game in time to drop deeper, but he isn't what we need atm. We need a bone fide proven cm in the team. I wouldn't say no if we were linked to him though.

I was watching the PL 100 club before the United game. They were showing a selection of Scholes' 108 best PL goals. That's what we need right now. A world class cm who can score from inside and outside the box. Tbh I'd forgotten how good he was in his prime.

I wouldn't want to see him have to adapt to play CM, we've already killed Anderson.

Clegg

There's tons of them about :p I can see Moyes panic buying a big name just to got bodies in.

---

Yeah storm a comin folks, batter down the hatches and stay safe.

Yeah, a worldie goalscoring cm is a pipe dream. But it is what we need though.

Panicing is exactly what I think he did with the Khedira bid. I know he isn't what you'd call a "big name", but he's a semi-regular with one of the biggest clubs on the planet. Problem is that he's quite limited in what he can actually do.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Radja Nainggolan would be PERFECT for United, and he's rather cheap compared to their other (inferior) targets.

Top Bottom