• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT11| Schlong Days, Kipless Nights

Salazar

Why in the world would you ever believe Wilshere about anything? When has a cokehead chav ever been considered trustworthy?

Aye.

Didn't exactly look like a "don't say dem things about my kids" reaction.

lol at piers morgan facing an over off brett lee in the cricket! he's sure to be battered and bruised

Lee became a decent, mature, reasonable bloke very quickly. Striking, really - considering his contemporaries. Hayden is a hypocrite asshole. Symonds was a drunken idiot. McGrath broke under the strain of a media profile out of all proportion with a tiny, tiny personality. Langer is a cretinous little chippy gremlin. Warne has always been a tit.

Meier

Aye.

Didn't exactly look like a "don't say dem things about my kids" reaction.
It's entirely possible that it was true, but the fact he waited days to say it gives very little credence to the story. Had to come up with some reasoning that would excuse him being hotheaded.

Meier

Classy as ever.
Is anything I said not true? (No) If there was even the slightest bit of truth to his statement, Arsenal would have submitted proof to the FA to get the ban reduced to 1 game. His comments were done solely to make (gullible) Arsenal fans feel bad for him. It worked.

wedward

Is anything I said not true? (No) If there was even the slightest bit of truth to his statement, Arsenal would have submitted proof to the FA to get the ban reduced to 1 game. His comments were done solely to make gullible Arsenal fans feel bad for him. It worked.

Is there any reason to believe City fans didn't say that?

No.

The FA rarely do anything about offensive chants. City fans sing about Munich.

Meier

Is there any reason to believe City fans didn't say that?

No.
Yes. The reason being that there is no proof of it. Wilshere had a poor game and threw a tantrum and got caught. End of story.

You can bet that opposing fans will be happy to taunt him about his kids going forward. He served them up a big ol fat curve ball.

Edit: If this was a chant, in the 10 days between his action and his excuse, someone would have heard it and mentioned it. He fabricated a story.

wedward

Yes. The reason being that there is no proof of it. Wilshere had a poor game and threw a tantrum and got caught. End of story.

You can bet that opposing fans will be happy to taunt him about his kids going forward. He served them up a big ol fat curve ball.

Edit: If this was a chant, in the 10 days between his action and his excuse, someone would have heard it and mentioned it. He fabricated a story.

You don't know what was said. You weren't there. It's not beyond classless city fans.

jtb

Banned
just like how the smoking thing was a "prank." Jack's been showing his petulant side lately, I see little reason to believe him on this

Wenger didn't protest it either. he only appealed for a one match ban because that's what Suarez got.

wedward

just like how the smoking thing was a "prank." Jack's been showing his petulant side lately, I see little reason to believe him on this

Wenger didn't protest it either. he only appealed for a one match ban because that's what Suarez got.

They could have threatened his life and it wouldn't matter. The FA aren't going to overturn it.

jtb

Banned
They could have threatened his life and it wouldn't matter. The FA aren't going to overturn it.

I know. I don't care. A ban will force Wenger to take Jack's immaturity seriously. Better to cut this petulant shit out sooner rather than later. Wilshere always gets (a little bit hyperbolic, imo) praise for being the only Arsenal player for playing with "heart," well, then he deserves criticism too when he directs that energy into petulant, idiotic acts that result in needless bans.

wedward

I know. I don't care. A ban will force Wenger to take Jack's immaturity seriously. Better to cut this petulant shit out sooner rather than later. Wilshere always gets (a little bit hyperbolic, imo) praise for being the only Arsenal player for playing with "heart," well, then he deserves criticism too when he gets banned for directing that energy into petulant, idiotic acts that result in needless bans.

It's his first ban. He is 21. It's fine.

City fans sing about Munich. It's not impossible to think they would say something about someone's kids.

Valencia, lol

Valencia

ban

iFcnALWE1OFVe.gif

jtb

Banned
jtb what ya reckon of our Newcastle game? Big game with Newcastle in some form.

I think we should win but the short turnaround worries me. Always makes these games a little difficult to predict; should be a pretty open game so I think it'll come down to whichever team just collapses physically first. Having Wilshere fresh for the game should help in that regard.

Lightning

Banned
I think we should win but the short turnaround worries me. Always makes these games a little difficult to predict; should be a pretty open game so I think it'll come down to whichever team just collapses physically first. Having Wilshere fresh for the game should help in that regard.
Yeah, apparently Wenger also said Koscielny should be available so he will be fresh. Rosciky had the West Ham game off so he should be fresh and Flamini has hardly played this week as well so he should be fresh.

Cazorla only played that 1 game so he should still be okay. Walcott hasn't played that much either so he should be good too. Only Arteta, Giroud, Ozil, Sagna, Gibbs, Merte who are the concerns.

@Hixx, how does Mignolet tend to respond to his own errors?

@Meier, stop going on about Sterling playing on. Probably took him a few seconds to process the unbelievablly clear incorrectness of the decision

@people who say the linesman should be relegated to League 1, why should those teams be punished? He should be prevented from officiating for a fortnight.

@anyone who questions Suarez's lack of a goal yesterday, he should have had 3 very good assists

@City, you're fucking going down at Anfield

@Arsenal, assuming we can't win it, pls win the title

I'd be pretty excited for Deep Down if it wasn't F2P

Can't wait to see what FROM can do with the new generation, particularly with particle effects to improve the oppressiveness of the environments

Salazar

Ben Lyttleton ‏@benlyt 31m
Optimistic headline in Le Parisien today: 'Messi to Paris, it's possible!' Lists 5 reasons why it could happen, inc Ibra likes him.

Ben Lyttleton ‏@benlyt 30m
Other reasons for Messi to PSG: 'He could leave FCB. PSG can afford him (€150-€180m). PSG project exciting. Boss Nasser wanted 'new Messi''

Timu pls. Your club is so vulgar.

Salazar

So Messi is the new Messi? Meta.

"PSG project exciting"

Spend a fuckton of money. How unique.

XG9Ouvv.gif

Also, it's pleasing that the conspiratorial, paranoid style of Liverpool FC doesn't go away even when they're at the top of the table. It's not shit refereeing. It's SABOTAGE.

lol

Kirchhoff is dead

Edit: Also what a shit move for Schlacke. They have Matip, Höwedes, Santana and Papadopolous coming back from his injury as CBs and a bunch of DMs, too. How exactly does Kirchhoff make sense?

Jack cw

lol

Kirchhoff is dead

Edit: Also what a shit move for Schlacke. They have Matip, Höwedes, Santana and Papadopolous coming back from his injury as CBs and a bunch of DMs, too. How exactly does Kirchhoff make sense?

Maybe Heldt needs to do something even if its something that pointless. Im afraid this is another story like Schlaudraff or Baumjohann. Schalke doesnt need more players in the defence, they need a coach with a vision in the first place.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Our last three home games vs Roma:

4-1
4-0
3-0

So a 3-0 at least then?
3AQmK.gif

-

Edwin van der Sar was right on Mignolet. Why the fuck did he parry it? It was a weak effort. Going for the spectacular save backfires more often than not.

FUCK THIS SHIT!

Fuck this. FUCK! THIS! SHIT! FUCK YOU PEP! FUCK YOU!

If you fuck this up Schalke, if you dare to fuck this up...

What

Kirchhoff was never going to be a regular of any kind at Bayern. Just another case of Sammer promising a young German talent the world, see Weiser.

We could've used him, maybe try to train him for a new position instead of using Rafinha. It's not as if we have too many defenders right now.

You know, at this point I wouldn't be surprised if he lets go of Shaqiri and instead gets some Spanish guy.

Kirchhoff as RB sounds like a worse idea than just telling him to fuck off to be honest. Pep would rather play, who was it, Alaba? as CB and there are just way too many DMs in Bayern's squad. It doesn't make sense to keep him.

sohois

Our last three home games vs Roma:

4-1
4-0
3-0

So a 3-0 at least then?
3AQmK.gif

-

Edwin van der Sar was right on Mignolet. Why the fuck did he parry it? It was a weak effort. Going for the spectacular save backfires more often than not.
i think the movement of the shot surprised him, when he leapt with one hand like that he was probably expecting it to fly straight towards the top corner but it bent back.

Jack cw

Kirchhoff as RB sounds like a worse idea than just telling him to fuck off to be honest. Pep would rather play, who was it, Alaba? as CB and there are just way too many DMs in Bayern's squad. It doesn't make sense to keep him.

This is so true. I'm glad we got rid of him.

We could've used him, maybe try to train him for a new position instead of using Rafinha. It's not as if we have too many defenders right now.

You know, at this point I wouldn't be surprised if he lets go of Shaqiri and instead gets some Spanish guy.

Kirchhoff was only an option for the 4th defender if van Buyten hadnt extended his contract. Right now he's rather useless like Contento. Decent players but simply not good enough for Bayern and when tere are Schweinsteiger and Javi Martinez in DM, there is no need for fucking Kirchhoff and for a replacement of Lahm, I think Bayern is smart enough to buy someone in 3 years.

And Pep isnt stupid, Shaqiri is one of those options that could decide matches. Players with this quality wont leave Bayern.

Top Bottom