• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT11| Schlong Days, Kipless Nights

Linius

Not yet! But I agree with you on most.

I'm not Hitcher, what are you doing Yurt?

0kH4yER.png

Yen

Wat.... No.
He could last longer than 70 minutes and perform against the big sides at least.

Not according to the man who has managed both of them.

It's funny, because you know that if it was Ozil these Liverpool fans thought they had a chance to get, they would be claiming Ozil is the greatest ever.
I've always Mata was the best #10 in the PL, and Ozil has yet to change my mind on the matter.
To clarify: Mata's performances pre-Mourinho outweigh Ozil's current performances. Pity Mata is stuck with a puke for a manager.

I have a similar theory to suggest we could be seriously looking at Matuidi for our midfield.

- PSG reportedly interested other CMs like in Rakitic.

- Contract talks apparently stalling

- Needs game time to impress before WC

- Seen his mate Sakho make the switch and do pretty well

Could be a goer.
I heard Matuidi's contract talks only stalled because he had changed agents and his previous one was acting up.

Lightning

Banned
I hope Spurs fall apart soon, could do without Sherwood proving to be a capable manager :p

Our season will be decided on

City H
Chelsea H
Arsenal H
Everton H
Newcastle H
Spurs H
Man Utd A
Southampton A

I think. Not terrible since so many are at home, but we need to make the most of that advantage. Coming out having played 6 of the 8 away and being in touching distance is a good effort, but the job's only half done so far. Anything could happen with us (and you to a lesser extent) whereas City and Chelsea have at least top 4 sewn up I think. They just have what it takes.

Brown envelopes
Like our season your season will be decided on how you perform against everyone else. Remove Newcastle, Southampton as they are must wins but you gain more from the bottom clubs, the 0-0 against Swansea, game against Hull, draw with Newcastle that sort of thing needs to go. Once that happens you're in the top 4.

Any points of the top 4 team is a bonus as those games are 50/50 and can go either way.

Hixx

So Suarez is the fastest to 20 PL goals then? 6 games faster than the previous record, 20 goals in 21 games... held by Kevin Phillips.

Now we have Altidore.

ih5YwU35u5LiW.gif

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I'm not Hitcher, what are you doing Yurt?

http://i.imgur.com/0kH4yER.png[img][/QUOTE]

hahaha I don't know what happened there sorry!

[quote="The_Hitcher89, post: 95524090"]Now you're crediting me with questions I never even asked :([/QUOTE]

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Slizz

I've been telling ya'll about the trash that is Altidore. He doesn't fit Sunderland at all and frankly doesn't fit many teams in the PL. Dudes a scrub. I hate that he is our best international striker.

Can't wait for the World Cup!

Same. Gotta figure my holiday out though. Think I can watch all but 4 of the knockout games with my normal shifts, and try and swap around the big ones. Will need the 2 weeks of the group stage of though. If they think I'm missing significant chunks of the fucking World Cup, they've got another thing coming :p

Mata to Liverpool? There's wishful thinking and then there's just insanity.

Having sat through Hodgson's mercifully short reign, I can tell you that it's a fuck-tonne more fun being stupidly optimistic and deluded than it is being realistic/pessimistic :p

edit: DP. Bring it on Mumei, I ain't scared

Just saw Liverpool have got a first-option deal for Will Hughes, according to the Mirror. That's cool.

Seems a little one-sided to me

They get Wisdom for a full season, whereas our side of the deal depends on them actively wanting to cash in on him, when he would have chosen us over anyone else by all accounts regardless

Hindle

Banned
I watched the first 55 min of United V Spurs, and I thought United were average. How was thier perfrmance for the rest of the game?

Mastadon

Banned
Seems a little one-sided to me

They get Wisdom for a full season, whereas our side of the deal depends on them actively wanting to cash in on him, when he would have chosen us over anyone else by all accounts regardless

I think it's just a way of saying to Hughes that we want him, but not until he's ready.

Zabojnik

I watched the first 55 min of United V Spurs, and I thought United were average. How was thier perfrmance for the rest of the game?

I watched the first 30min of the game and thought United had this. Valencia was playing like a proper winger. Guess not. Condolances, United-bros.

Top Bottom