• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT11| Schlong Days, Kipless Nights

L1NETT

Watching Big Fat Quiz

What happened to it. It's beyond shit

Jack Whitehall and Ross are just awful.

Bring back Mitchell, Brooker and Lock. Add a dash of Henning Wehn and a winner.

Watching Big Fat Quiz

What happened to it. It's beyond shit

Jack Whitehall and Ross are just awful.

Bring back Mitchell, Brooker and Lock. Add a dash of Henning Wehn and a winner.

Missed it last year, and have no real desire to watch this year's either. I assume Noel 'ruins everything he touches' Fielding was in it?

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Ashton Kutcher is going to Genoa.

finally.
O good, another game where even tho United were the better team they lose. The season of who wins the league by dumb luck continues.
http://i.imgur.com/LAGMXKS.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://media1.giphy.com/media/McLVsqjJX6HQs/giphy.gif

Clegg

Mighty Boosh fell to shit when he started popping up on other things. Get a feeling that Julian Barrett was the real driving force behind the good things about it.
Agree with you on this.

He was also the better comedic actor of the two. Played the straight man very well.

Agree with you on this.

He was also the better comedic actor of the two. Played the straight man very well.

Me and my brother still do impressions of Howard's freeform jazz whenever the word is mentioned :p

bikinicartwheely5yo8.gif

Shove that up your Slizz

wedward

He could last longer than 70 minutes and perform against the big sides at least.

I've always Mata was the best #10 in the PL, and Ozil has yet to change my mind on the matter.
To clarify: Mata's performances pre-Mourinho outweigh Ozil's current performances. Pity Mata is stuck with a puke for a manager.

I heard Matuidi's contract talks only stalled because he had changed agents and his previous one was acting up.

Mata isn't the best #10 at Chelsea never mind the league.

D_prOdigy

Despite everything else, I'm so thrilled with Welbeck's form this season. Probably my most positive point so far. He had a good one two seasons ago, it's reassuring to see him back on the level we hoped he'd maintain.

considering replacing Neymar with Adnan in my mega-flop list. useless kid.

United not even going to Europa League will be glorious. sea levels will rise on mank tears alone.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Michael Cox - Zonal Marking

Arturo Vidal

In a sense, Arturo Vidal is the world’s best footballer. He’s not literally the world’s best footballer -- he’s not as devastating an attacking weapon as Cristiano Ronaldo or Lionel Messi, and therefore won’t be recognised as such.

Nevertheless, Vidal is the world’s best all-rounder. He can play anywhere, do anything, be an inspiration in any type of strategy. For Chile, he plays as an advanced No. 10 or arguably even a false No. 9, connecting the midfield with Alexis Sanchez and Eduardo Vargas. Yet for Juventus he recently deputised as a centre-back, a role he sometimes played for Chile under Marcelo Bielsa. Like Javi Martinez, Vidal can play absolutely anywhere along the spine of a side.

He’s also an incredible blend of physical and technical characteristics. He charges around the pitch for 90 minutes, displaying both incredible speed and stamina, closing opponents down during the rare moments Juventus don’t have possession, and powerfully connecting midfield and attack with his Michael Ballack-style runs.

Vidal is also technically wonderful, however: capable of delicate through-balls, beautiful finishes and, perhaps most obviously, the most precise penalties you’ll ever see. He’s averaging a goal every other game while making the most tackles per game in Serie A.

If a single footballer personifies football in 2013, it is Arturo Vidal.

He'd look good in United's red.

Leg-End

5trig.gif

That isn't a dive, Rose isn't even playing for the ball. Adnan dived a couple of times, the media picked up on it and now everyone and their mother loves to talk about how he is a diver.

Rooney dived last week, nobody batted an eye.

Messi

5trig.gif

That isn't a dive, Rose isn't even playing for the ball. Adnan dived a couple of times, the media picked up on it and now everyone and their mother loves to talk about how he is a diver.

Rooney dived last week, nobody batted an eye.

Roos not a diver tho innit

Randdalf

Michael Cox - Zonal Marking

He'd look good in United's red.

In the comments of the article that's from

I like this article. Good job, Michael Cox.

I really admire Aaron Ramsey. Since before his horrific injury. As a United fan, I am disappointed that we did not get him. I rate Ramsey so much higher than Wilshere.

But now I am not worried anymore, because we have Phil Jones. To me, Jones = Ramsey+Wilshere. Well, that is my opinion. And Phil Jones also is a worthy mention in this article. A CB naturally, but is very good as a midfielder and also an RB.

Wot.

Yen

Crazy tackle from Debuchy! Not much better from Amalfitano.
I quite like Berahino. Would look great on Liverpool's bench.

Top Bottom