• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT11| Schlong Days, Kipless Nights

Yen

True. Still. 0 chance mourhino lets him stay in England
Would probably be in his interest to let him go to a team on the periphery of the top, ie a team that will take points off a Chelsea's rivals while not challenging them directly. Therefore, Mata to Liverpool confirmed.
-
Mata is a fair bit better than Ozil
-
Sherlock is top

Barzul

I think I know who Arsene tries to sign this window. It will sound ridiculous to some, but it's Cavani. With France's new law taxing income earners above 1 million euros, some players will want to leave and with PSG's rumored interest in Mata, if he signs for them he can slot into the right where Cavani played. Cavani can come to Arsenal and be the main man and make our ST position his own. It might sound utterly ridiculous right now, but after seeing what Wenger pulled off with Bale and Ozil transfer domino, I wouldn't discount it especially as Wenger has an excellent relationship with PSG's executives. He's also tried to sign Cavani before the winter before he moved to PSG when we bid 30m for him (according to Geoff).

wedward

I think I know who Arsene tries to sign this window. It will sound ridiculous to some, but it's Cavani. With France's new law taxing income earners above 1 million euros, some players will want to leave and with PSG's rumored interest in Mata, if he signs for them he can slot into the right where Cavani played. Cavani can come to Arsenal and be the main man and make our ST position his own. It might sound utterly ridiculous right now, but after seeing what Wenger pulled off with Bale and Ozil transfer domino, I wouldn't discount it especially as Wenger has an excellent relationship with PSG's executives. He's also tried to sign Cavani before the winter before he moved to PSG when we big 40m for him (according to Geoff).

We bid 30m. Going to need to bid 40+ now if we have any hope.

Lightning

Banned
Would probably be in his interest to let him go to a team on the periphery of the top, ie a team that will take points off a Chelsea's rivals while not challenging them directly. Therefore, Mata to Liverpool confirmed.
-
-
Sherlock is top
Wat.... No.

wedward

Not according to the man who has managed both of them.

It's funny, because you know that if it was Ozil these Liverpool fans thought they had a chance to get, they would be claiming Ozil is the greatest ever.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
"Manchester United are desperate to sign highly rated Juventus midfielder Arturo Vidal this January.

tumblr_myhc78kjSA1r30r4xo1_250.gif

(Le 10 Sport)

tumblr_myhc78kjSA1r30r4xo3_250.gif

Feorax

I think I know who Arsene tries to sign this window. It will sound ridiculous to some, but it's Cavani. With France's new law taxing income earners above 1 million euros, some players will want to leave and with PSG's rumored interest in Mata, if he signs for them he can slot into the right where Cavani played. Cavani can come to Arsenal and be the main man and make our ST position his own. It might sound utterly ridiculous right now, but after seeing what Wenger pulled off with Bale and Ozil transfer domino, I wouldn't discount it especially as Wenger has an excellent relationship with PSG's executives. He's also tried to sign Cavani before the winter before he moved to PSG when we big 40m for him (according to Geoff).

I have a similar theory to suggest we could be seriously looking at Matuidi for our midfield.

- PSG reportedly interested other CMs like in Rakitic.

- Contract talks apparently stalling

- Needs game time to impress before WC

- Seen his mate Sakho make the switch and do pretty well

Could be a goer.

If Cavani becomes available, Chelsea will assuredly swoop in and take him before Arsenal does. With Mata, Essien, and maybe Torres leaving we'll have extra funds to pay whatever PSG demands.

unless they demand Hazard or Oscar, in which case they can fuck off

Barzul

We bid 30m. Going to need to bid 40+ now if we have any hope.

Was it 30? I fixed my post. I think 45m would it, for Cavani, it's well worth it. He already has 16 goals this season mostly playing on the right, could be the last piece of the puzzle.

wedward

If Cavani becomes available, Chelsea will assuredly swoop in and take him before Arsenal does. With Mata, Essien, and maybe Torres leaving we'll have extra funds to pay whatever PSG demands.

We are ahead of you in the league. The choice will be easy for him.

Lightning

Banned

Or if Chelsea get Rooney or Costa and lose interest in him. Cavani don't like the bench.

Was it 30? I fixed my post. I think 45m would it, for Cavani, it's well worth it. He already has 16 goals this season mostly playing on the right, could be the last piece of the puzzle.

Cavani won't move to the EPL while Suarez is here, because it will throw the gulf in ability into stark relief

Barzul

Chelsea would be our biggest competition if he ever became available.

United need a clear out this summer. This team isn't champions material.

Keep Rooney, RVP, Carrick, Januzaj, Vidic, Rafael, Hernandez, Kagawa, Fellani, DeGea, Evans, Jones. Get rest new.

Lightning

Banned
Big names, not big teams :p

If we'd have got even a single point from Stamford Bridge or The Etihad, I'd be so much more confident of finishing in the top 4 :(
I'm only pulling chain. Liverpool in a much better position than Spurs or United. Those game at Anfield will be huge though.

I will not be able to contain my joy if RVP is stuffed in the Europa. MUST HAPPEN!

Linius

01. Captain Philips
02. Gravity
03. Django Unchained
04. Mud
05. Lincoln
06. Silver Linings Playbook
07. Prisoners
08. Rush
09. Blue Jasmine
10. The Way, Way Back

Mind you, these are films releases in theaters in The Netherlands this year.

Feorax

If we'd have got even a single point from Stamford Bridge or The Etihad, I'd be so much more confident of finishing in the top 4 :(

I'm still reasonably confident. United seem desperate to rule themselves out of contention, and despite today's result, which was impressive, I'm yet to be convinced that Spurs have turned a corner under Sherwood.

It's tight between us and Everton, I think January will be key, as well as the fact we have so many of the big teams to come to Anfield.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
01. Captain Philips
02. Gravity
03. Django Unchained
04. Mud
05. Lincoln
06. Silver Linings Playbook
07. Prisoners
08. Rush
09. Blue Jasmine
10. The Way, Way Back

Mind you, these are films releases in theaters in The Netherlands this year.

Awesome list.

Scum

Is there anyone else on Steam that I haven't added. I'm Shuxx.
Oh, and who's deanibo? Is that you, dc? I bet it's Free...

I'm only pulling chain. Liverpool in a much better position than Spurs or United. Those game at Anfield will be huge though.

I will not be able to contain my joy if RVP is stuffed in the Europa. MUST HAPPEN!

I hope Spurs fall apart soon, could do without Sherwood proving to be a capable manager :p

Our season will be decided on

City H
Chelsea H
Arsenal H
Everton H
Newcastle H
Spurs H
Man Utd A
Southampton A

I think. Not terrible since so many are at home, but we need to make the most of that advantage. Coming out having played 6 of the 8 away and being in touching distance is a good effort, but the job's only half done so far. Anything could happen with us (and you to a lesser extent) whereas City and Chelsea have at least top 4 sewn up I think. They just have what it takes.

Brown envelopes

ATF487

I'm still reasonably confident. United seem desperate to rule themselves out of contention, and despite today's result, which was impressive, I'm yet to be convinced that Spurs have turned a corner under Sherwood.

It's tight between us and Everton, I think January will be key, as well as the fact we have so many of the big teams to come to Anfield.

Also the imminent arrival of Mata and Salah will help

Where the fuck is that fat cunt Wilbury?

He also says

out living a life and sobbing into the woven scarf his granny made him with edward woodward's face on while you defecate into your own underpants and hold them to your face because you're a fucking sweaty and repugnant cunt drip with the intelligence of a baked trout and all the footballing knowledge of edward woodward he of the woven scarf

fuck off back to your goblin hole you outrageously shit dildo sucker

Man I was laughing so hard as I transcribed this :lol :lol :lol

Top Bottom