• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT11| Schlong Days, Kipless Nights

Bumhead

Banned
It's almost a psychological battle now between Suarez and the Spurs defence.

They don't think they can stop him. As soon as he's anywhere near the ball the panic sets in.

Mastadon

Banned
Sterling has really impressed me so far. His attacking play has been good, but he's really putting himself about defensively too.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Liverpool can't keep up this energy for 90 minutes, surely?

2013%2f12%2fPL-Second-Half-Results.jpg

It's almost a psychological battle now between Suarez and the Spurs defence.

They don't think they can stop him. As soon as he's anywhere near the ball the panic sets in.
Not sure why AVB persists with the high line especially with these players.

He changed it for the United game actually, but gone back to it against a team who are far more lethal in attack than we are. Weird.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
We really look frazzled out there, too many heads have gone. Only Chadli is looking confident, the rest are cracking under the pressure. I'm not sure what we do now, having to take off Sando was a disaster and our CB pairing is only going to get more exposed with Paulinho in front of them. I guess the first thing is that we need to retain possession of the ball. Our passing has been dogshit, everybody is panicking and playing stupid balls, I don't really remember a spell in the match where Liverpool had to soak up any pressure.

3Sixty

Newcastle was interesting.

Shite in the first half, 442 with 6 first teamers missing. Pls.

2nd half was much better and we could have stole it. Point fair result though.

Ref was atrocious and i took great delight when he got uppercuted and went down in stages.

Newcastle fans very quiet too. Shearers is now called Nine :lol Much nicer now though, fit staff too.

I have no voice left.

/dead

GorillaJu

Excellent first half performance. We're doing exactly what I like so much about Southampton's style - constantly pound on the door from high up the pitch and never give them a moment's rest.

Excellent work so far, especially from Henderson, Sterling and Allen who have done so well to keep winning the ball back.

Bumhead

Banned
Not sure why AVB persists with the high line especially with these players.

He changed it for the United game actually, but gone back to it against a team who are far more lethal in attack than we are. Weird.

It's not working, is it.

You can hear Dawson's arse clenching whenever Suarez looks at him.

sohois

Well, Liverpool have still scored more second half goals than Spurs :p

Anyway, I think its been an even game with the difference just in the finishing and the quality of chances. Spurs have certainly showed their threat, particularly down the right side where Chadli has got beyond Johnson a number of times (though his delivery has been abysmal). Strange to think that people were concerned about Lennon v Flanno, when he has once again proved solid, albeit with Sakho utterly imperious inside of him.

Allen & Henderson have been absolutely outstanding in the middle and shown up the Spurs midfield which is supposed to be superior on paper. As predicted, Stirling is having a right go at Naughton as well. Still, Liverpool could have finished the game off first half; Spurs can still pull this back as Liverpool tire, regardless of how poor their finishing was first half

GorillaJu

I love how Walker is casually running back toward the byline and looks back, sees Suarez and starts panicking like he's seen the devil.

TeddyBoy

Liverpool can't keep up this energy for 90 minutes, surely?

On top of what Wheels said, Liverpool didn't play midweek, they should have better legs second half.

Spurs fan will be angry today, the ref has been kind to us and their CB's aren't working together.

Liverpool need one more just after the restart to finish the game.

GQman2121

Banned
That wide angle on the first goal shows Suarez just run by three Spurs defenders on his way into the box to score. Must drive managers crazy seeing that happen on tape.

Feorax

If we win today and beat Cardiff, then I'm not bothered about Chelsea and City.

All of the current top 7 need to come to Anfield in the second half of the season, it's actually worked out quite well for us in that respect.

Marc

Its amazing how much Liverpool players are in the media.

Yesterday watching Michael Owen commentate, with David James and Steve McManaman as pundits. Today with Gerrard, Carra and Souness as pundits... nothing against them but surely some balance needed?

LTWheels

Yesterday watching Michael Owen commentate, with David James and Steve McManaman as pundits. Today with Gerrard, Carra and Souness as pundits... nothing against them but surely some balance needed?

It's not as if all those players only played for Liverpool...

GorillaJu

On top of what Wheels said, Liverpool didn't play midweek, they should have better legs second half.

Spurs fan will be angry today, the ref has been kind to us and their CB's aren't working together.

Liverpool need one more just after the restart to finish the game.

I don't see how the ref has been kind to us. I can understand the argument about the foul on Mignolet. I think the ref's made the right decision there but the other tussles have been well-won by us. We're using our bodies and getting in front of the ball well.

Not to mention that Suarez was definitely tripped on the edge of the area in what should have been a very dangerous free kick or maybe a penalty (can't recall if it was in or out of the box).

England's team.

TeddyBoy

Everyone of liverpool-gaf should remember Arsenal away last season, game is far from over...

Spurs are a very different team to that Arsenal side. Just take the first 10 minutes of the second half calmly and the game will play out :)

I don't see how the ref has been kind to us. I can understand the argument about the foul on Mignolet. I think the ref's made the right decision there but the other tussles have been well-won by us. We're using our bodies and getting in front of the ball well.

Not to mention that Suarez was definitely tripped on the edge of the area in what should have been a very dangerous free kick or maybe a penalty (can't recall if it was in or out of the box).

I just compare the referee this game to the Hull game, the ref is giving us free kicks today, but he didn't at Hull.

Second half awaits.

Marc

It's not as if all those players only played for Liverpool...

No, but they didn't exactly play for Spurs.

I mean yeah, Steve and James played for city (although Arsenal fans could feel aggrieved at that) but you would identify them as Liverpool players first.

Coldplay619 - Watch your back if Souness reads that. :) Couldn't Hoddle have stepped in for Souness though to balance things a little. *shrugs*

Same question as always: I'm currently sitting in Gibraltar airport and can't watch the game. How badly are Spurs playing today? Also I thought Henderson was now a quadriplegic or something, why is he scoring goals?!

Top Bottom