• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT11| Schlong Days, Kipless Nights

Salvadora

Speaking of Spurs, I found the FA Cup ticket allocation business very funny (and small timey).

They applied for 9000 tickets (15%), but due to safety and security concerns, they are only getting 5,186 (8.64%). This is how Spurs responded:
In the event of a replay taking place at White Hart Lane, Arsenal will be provided with a reduced allocation equivalent to the percentage that we have received at the Emirates Stadium.
Arseblog put it best:
They then went on to say ‘Nyer nyer ner ner ner’ and ‘I know you are, but what am I?’, before writing ‘Arsenal r gay’ and running off.

Aye.

Also, we're scouting a Mexican midfielder nicknamed Gullit ?

Oh Tclevz, pack it in now.

I hope we don't get him. Fuck Gullit.

Anyone read that Ant thread?
K0J6cYM.gif

Messi

You guys ever wear football socks with normal clothes? I wear my black ones a lot in the winter.

I wear normal socks with my shorts and jersey. Not a full kit wanker you see.

I'm wearing this seasons Barca socks right now as it is fucking cold out.

jesalr

Speaking of Spurs, I found the FA Cup ticket allocation business very funny (and small timey).

They applied for 9000 tickets (15%), but due to safety and security concerns, they are only getting 5,186 (8.64%). This is how Spurs responded:

Arseblog put it best:

As opposed to the Chelsea game where you gave them 9000 for an evening game?

Anyway, I enjoyed this:
Tickets for a replay would be priced at our Category B pricing level.

Arsenal's ticket prices are a joke.

Lightning

Banned
I want this Arsenal line up for this important game:

----------------Szczesny---------------
Monreal, Kos, Merte, Sagna
--------Ramsey, Flamini-------------
------------------Ozil-----------------
----Wilshere, Giroud, Walcott------

That would be a capable team with Santi, Poldi, Rosciky, Arteta, Gibbs, Vermaelen and co ready to come on if the situation calls for it depending on whether we need a goal or to defend late in the game. I feel that's a strong team though who should be able to give it a go.

Barzul

I want this Arsenal line up for this important game:

----------------Szczesny---------------
Monreal, Kos, Merte, Sagna
--------Ramsey, Flamini-------------
------------------Ozil-----------------
----Wilshere, Giroud, Walcott------

That would be a capable team with Santi, Poldi, Rosciky, Arteta, Gibbs, Vermaelen and co ready to come on if the situation calls for it depending on whether we need a goal or to defend late in the game. I feel that's a strong team though who should be able to give it a go.

Pretty good line up. We better win, I'm waking up at 6:45 to watch this.

Salazar

Salah to Liverpool gaining monentum. Hnnnnnng!

The physics of football transfer bollocks

I'll be mad if Büttner keeps getting the nod at LB. Fabio comes back from a decent showing in a fucking awful loan situation, and he gets kept out by the blind-in-one-eye nutter from In Bruges ?

TeddyBoy

SAKHO SUCKHO

I think Sakho has played well for the most part, he's exactly the type of centre half we need. He's strong in the air and on the ground, has a decent pass in him and can cover LB if we're hit badly with imjuries there.

It's less than 3 hours before the 1st vs 4th and hardly anyone has posted about it :(

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Harry Redknapp believes Benoit Assou-Ekotto is one of the three best left-backs in England.

The Cameroon international was out of favour under manager Andre Villas-Boas at Tottenham, enabling Redknapp to sign him on a season-long loan.

Assou-Ekotto was a regular in the Spurs side when the R’s boss was in charge at White Hart Lane and now finds himself playing in the Championship.

But Redknapp insisted: “He’s in the top three left-backs in the country. He’s too good for most teams in the Premier League.

“He’s a top player and never missed a game for me at Tottenham, where he was my left-back. He played in every game – in the Champions League quarter-finals.

“There’s only Ashley Cole and Baines you’d take in front of him maybe. I couldn’t think of too many others. He’s top-class and could play in any team.”

jack-bauer-cry-o_zpsf7626af5.gif

dc89

Negredo on English football:

"I prefer it because you can fight and tussle."

Basically you don't get called for a foul if you touch Messi. Negredo stayed in La Liga for far too long, I'm so glad Txiki set him free.

I must admit this "thread is dead" stuff is getting annoying really quick. I hate to see Wilbur, Arnie and Wooden banned, too, but we can't change it. So why not post something instead of posting how dead it is?

iNaIcOyiDySBW.gif

Free Draxler.

I love how this gif ends when he inevitably loses the ball after dribbling way too long. The German Micky.

GorillaJu

I must admit this "thread is dead" stuff is getting annoying really quick. I hate to see Wilbur, Arnie and Wooden banned, too, but we can't change it. So why not post something instead of posting how dead it is?

I love how this gif ends when he inevitably loses the ball after dribbling way too long. The German Micky.

Yeah but it looked so good until he lost it.

Arseblog put it best:
lol. Idiots.

About as much as they deserved.

Some of you guys might remember that German former ref Babak Rafati tried to commit suicide two years ago before a match but his assistant refs found him before it was too late. I just read an article about him, totally missed him writing and publishing a book about it, so the whole article was new to me.

Rafati writes that it wasn't the fans or clubs that made him do it but rather the ref bosses in Germany that treated him like shit and wanted him out. Very sad stuff and really terrible that the bosses get away without any "punishment". That might also be the reason why he was a proper shite ref in his last few months/years as ref.

Anyway, he's cured from his depressions and seems to be a very happy person now. I'm very happy for him, although I really hated the shit out of him when he cost us some points in the Bundesliga :D

Top Bottom