• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT11| Schlong Days, Kipless Nights

Blablurn

Blast from the past (2009):

lol

2573240-xbox_launchmcdonalds.gif

Elchele

Some of you guys might remember that German former ref Babak Rafati tried to commit suicide two years ago before a match but his assistant refs found him before it was too late. I just read an article about him, totally missed him writing and publishing a book about it, so the whole article was new to me.

Rafati writes that it wasn't the fans or clubs that made him do it but rather the ref bosses in Germany that treated him like shit and wanted him out. Very sad stuff and really terrible that the bosses get away without any "punishment". That might also be the reason why he was a proper shite ref in his last few months/years as ref.

Anyway, he's cured from his depressions and seems to be a very happy person now. I'm very happy for him, although I really hated the shit out of him when he cost us some points in the Bundesliga :D

Wow, seems so long ago. Good to hear.
I kind of want to be a ref when I get older, dat easy money.

I think many people are expecting a strong Man City win today because of their perfect home form and the way they tore through Spurs. I can't see Wenger playing such an open suicidal game today like AVB foolishly did. Arsenals defence has somehow become one of the best in the country and they possess the quality now to score at any moment so I think they will come away with at least a point.

Mastadon

Banned
Predictions for today?

Man City 2 - 3 Arsenal
Cardiff 1 - 1 WBA
Chelsea 3 - 1 Palace
Everton 2 - 0 Fulham
Newcastle 1 - 2 Southampton
WHU 0 - 0 Sunderland
Hull 2 - 2 Stoke

Clegg

Arsenal are a bit inconvenienced by the quick turn around from CL on Wednesday to today's game. Not chance to prepare for this game as need rest after Napoli. Combine that with City's win against Bayern and their excellent home record and you'd have to say that City are favourites.

L1NETT

City 2 - 1 Arsenal
Cardiff 1 - 0 West Brom
Chelsea 5 - 0 Palace
Everton 2 - 0 Fulham
Newcastle 0 - 0 Southampton
West Ham 1 - 1 Sunderland
Hull 3 - 2 Stoke

Think Arsenal are gonna struggle today, City are formidable at home.

bjaelke

Man City 1 - 0 Arsenal
Cardiff 2 - 1 WBA
Chelsea 3 - 0 Palace
Everton 1 - 0 Fulham
Newcastle 1 - 1 Southampton
WHU 2 - 0 Sunderland
Hull 1 - 2 Stoke

Oh god, I just realized I look almost exactly like Andy does in that photo.

Mou has re-stated how the Fifa Ballon D'or is manipulated bullshit. More than 3 people he spoke with had their votes changed last year, by Fifa. Rotten shit.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Hart's been rubbish for two years, should have been slung out ages ago.

That Torres goal this year loooooool

Come back to us Benny =[

As much as I miss his awesome personality, he's been pretty sloppy for QPR. Someone as nonchalant as him really isn't going to put in maximum effort in a league like the Championship.

Elchele

Javi said he wants to be part of the Spain squad going to Brazil WC, but for that he needs to play regularly.

Fuck pep.

Plasma

Banned
No Gibbs.

Not that surprising really he looked a bit off against Napoli, we probably should have rested him mid week and given Monreal a go.

Strange to start Theo though, his barely got any time on the pitch since his come back, big game for him. Though I suppose it stops Clichy bombing down the left, he'll have to stay back and stop Walcott making runs.

Fergie

Banned
Not that surprising really he looked a bit off against Napoli, we probably should have rested him mid week and given Monreal a go.

Strange to start Theo though, his barely got any time on the pitch since his come back, big game for him. Though I suppose it stops Clichy bombing down the left, he'll have to stay back and stop Walcott making runs.
His pace will definitely help. Monreal probably has better technique and is better attack-wise.

Suen

Szczesny, Sagna, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Monreal, Flamini, Wilshere, Ozil, Giroud, Walcott, Ramsey

Not bad.
Seems pretty good....not sure why Gibbs isn't playing? Injury? Don't tell me he's resting after the pathetic display against Napoli.

Arsene got the selection spot on. Very happy with that.

I agree. This is certainly the first example I can recall whereby Arsene has demonstrated tactical changes in the form of selections. Flamini and Walcott are the right choices, even if it means at the expense of Arteta and Santi. I'm looking forward to seeing how Wilshere and Ramsey perform in this game.

Keep dreaming :)

---

Right then Leyton Orient let's be having ya. 3 nil City, promotion spots by New Year. Smash Rotherscum, twat Peterboro and dominate Swindon.

Leicster vs Burnley should be right tasty in the championship today. Blackpool QPR could also be lively.

I fancy Everton, Coventry and Burton. Not betting on it though

Top Bottom