• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

football thread 13/14 |ot12| last roll of the dive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Manager

The problem with doing a summer clear-out of those listed players, Manager and Clegg, is you would have to bring in a large number in over one summer just to fill the squad gaps. Wenger said over three represents "a technical risk" and looking at Spurs, maybe he's right.

Undoubtedly you would recruit more talented players, but you'd be better bringing in absolute quality in over quantity.

There are also questions of which teams are ready to take over players like Young and Anderson's high salaries.

City has kept doing clearouts several summers but obviously they're in a special situation.

Kopite

Costa isn't moving in this window, but Atleti's financial situation will probably mean that they'll sell him in the summer. I'd expect him to go for around 40 million quid then.

dc89

BdeNx-ICcAA0DC0.jpg:large

Happy birthday you wonderful, beautiful man.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Ugh, what a shit day this has been. Hopefully watching West Ham get apocalyptically shat on tonight will make me feel a bit better.

Manager

Ugh, what a shit day this has been. Hopefully watching West Ham get apocalyptically shat on tonight will make me feel a bit better.

Crystal Palace showed at Christmas that if you put everyone at defense you can manage a good result, I bet Sam will try that at Etihad since it's a double-tie. I expect snoozefest.

Clegg

The problem with doing a summer clear-out of those listed players, Manager and Clegg, is you would have to bring in a large number in over one summer just to fill the squad gaps. Wenger said over three represents "a technical risk" and looking at Spurs, maybe he's right.

Undoubtedly you would recruit more talented players, but you'd be better bringing in absolute quality in over quantity.
I've mentioned that in previous posts. I don't think we'll get rid of all the underperforming players in the sumer. But Rio and Evra are almost certainly gone and possibly Vidic too. So at least one CB and LB will be needed in the summer. If we're left with Buttner as cover then so be it. At least one cm will be brought in also. Doesn't matter if we can't find buyers for Anderson.

dc89

Someone in Jovetic's camp should go out and say that the rumours about him having no bigger injuries are completely untrue and that he doesn't want to leave. There's just stuff everywhere of Inter loan offers, making up injuries, Malaga transfer and whatnot. He has barely been seen for six months now yet he hasn't apparently had any serious injury (maybe a shorter one in November), just small niggles.

Wait... Pellegrini said yesterday that he should be back this month or something.
Has anything else happened?!

Manager

Wait... Pellegrini said yesterday that he should be back this month or something.
Has anything else happened?!

Last week he said he'd be back this week, now it's "hopefully January" (just as the whole season). Then there's Pellegrini's comments about "trusting Jovetic that the injuries are real".

Clegg

Never heard this before, but according to Harry Redknapp, the week after City won the title he started getting phonecalls from SAF telling him to name his price for Modric.

I've mentioned that in previous posts. I don't think we'll get rid of all the underperforming players in the sumer. But Rio and Evra are almost certainly gone and possibly Vidic too. So at least one CB and LB will be needed in the summer. If we're left with Buttner as cover then so be it. At least one cm will be brought in also. Doesn't matter if we can't find buyers for Anderson.

What the hell is with Anderson anyway. He does have the skills, but seems content standing around with his mouth gaping like a dead goldfish.

Salvadora

January: Baines

Summer: CB
2 x CM (at least one needs to be world class quality)
RB (Smalling just can't be allowed to play there, ever)

You need a winger too, but that might have to wait until another window with the amount you have in your squad.

dc89

Last week he said he'd be back this week, now it's "hopefully January" (just as the whole season). Then there's Pellegrini's comments about "trusting Jovetic that the injuries are real".

We've got to get him playing ASAP. Even if he's half fit, just for 20 minutes or so.

Edit: They would know if he was faking his injuries. Like Michael Johnson, he complained about hip problems and they did every test possible on him and they showed no injury or reason for him to be in pain.

Manager

regard to Costa

Why would the meaning be anything else? You'd never need an invitation to bid for a release clause... think someone mentioned they are there by law in most countries too so everyone knows every player has one.

We've got to get him playing ASAP. Even if he's half fit, just for 20 minutes or so.

I just knew something was wrong with him when he said he only plays PES.

Apparently Fiorentina played him half-fit tons of times, think Yurt(?) said he's never 100% fit, ever. I've had a lot of patience with him but now it's getting really ridiculous.

Feorax

Looks like the Liverpool Echo are doing a live webchat tomorrow dedicated to LFC transfers. Hopefully means there's something significant to report.

Manager

Looks like the Liverpool Echo are doing a live webchat tomorrow dedicated to LFC transfers. Hopefully means there's something significant to report.

Downer here but: You mean they would stall any huge news a whole day, and risk getting beaten by other sources, in order to have a live chat?

Sounds like they're just gonna have a chat about general Liverpool transfer stuff:
The Echo's Liverpool FC writer James Pearce will be online from 1pm tomorrow to discuss the latest transfer targets and rumours, as the Reds look to cement their place at the top of the table.

"I'm looking forward to having a chat at 1pm on Thursday about all things Liverpool FC."

bjaelke

Downer here but: You mean they would stall any huge news a whole day, and risk getting beaten by other sources, in order to have a live chat?

Sounds like they're just gonna have a chat about general Liverpool transfer stuff:

Yeah it's just the standard chat they're having. The Times ran one earlier today with focus on United.

Timurid

Alex said:
God created Adam and Eve, not Adam and Yves.

:lol He had to say the same day that guy decided to come out of the closet.

Sometimes footballers should keep their comments to themselves.

Manager

:lol He had to say the same day that guy decided to come out of the closet.

Sometimes footballers should keep their comments to themselves.

As well as Alex, former PSG wing-back Marcos Ceara was also in fine form, wibbling:

“I am against divorce and abortion. I’m not really for homosexuality. It takes away a little bit of God’s plan.”

iiua15MM00Hgw.png

Manager

Paris Foot Gay, an organisation which campaigns against homophobia in French football and has a partnership agreement with PSG, played down the significance of Alex's comments.

"You could say it was a bit of a stupid thing to say but, in the remarks reported to us, there is no incitement to hatred," a spokesman said.

"Frankly we've got bigger fish to fry. It is hardly a scoop to learn there are homophobes in football."

idyhqpvzVPjZq.png

You had one job.

Anyway enough of Joveinjury.

[]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BdeXFhNIgAAqb_d.jpg:large[/IMG]

He's gonna smash Barca with that very same fist.

Sounds like he's pretty close to returning too, fully fit against Barca then. Barcaforum begged that he would be rusty/out after the draw.

According to Pulis, Moyes is blocking Zaha going on loan.

Zaha really did a number on Daughter Moyesie.

There was a rumor saying that Zaha was allowed to do whatever he wanted at Palace. Moyes probably doesn't want him to go back to that shit environment.

Fintan

zvKGraO.jpg

This is my best ever regen in FM but he popped up near the end of FM13 so I didn't really see his career progress much further after this. He's my white whale.. I need to get another guy this good in 14.

Wow, I've never got anywhere near as deep into a FM career as that. Is it still as fun when the players aren't real?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom