• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

football thread 13/14 |ot12| last roll of the dive

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember when Owen scored 50 seconds of so over the even so ridiculous Fergie time in the derby. Just stepped right up, went outside and walked for two hours. Often you feel like they never really make any sense whatsoever, and it must be hard for the players to know if it's 2 or 6 minutes left to play in the 89th minute.

Really weird how some referees add up minutes after original stoppage time is out, like the one extra yesterday, while some always whistle exactly at the original X minute mark. Makes no sense that there are so many rules that referees use differently.

Pretty sure the ref was justified in adding that extra time because of something that happened in stoppage time though

German Gaf, how are so many Koreans and Japanese players able to get visas to play so easily???

Well it seems easy compared to England where they still need to be a recognised international before they can get a work permit

Not necessarily, in England players usually get a work permit through the 'exceptional talent' rule or whatever it's called if they're not internationals

kharma45

With added time too remember its always a minimum amount to be added. It's at the referees discretion if they want to add more.

Elchele

Look who's in Dortmund :O

Zk3htr2.jpg

Honda is everywhere these days

Manager

He's from Africa right, a small country? City is trying to sign a Nigerian, best player at U17 World Cup. Newspapers saying they're trying to get him a work permit, which I thought were super unusual for young African football players in the UK. He's just started playing for the Nigerian national team though, so I guess that will help.

Kelechi Iheanacho, Attacking midfielder, got 6 goals and 7 assists in 6 matches at U17. They've been trying for months to sign him, father is getting paid apparently.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/manchester-city-transfer-news-kelechi-2998429

bud

arsenal are going to win the premier league and/or the champions league.

soon you will all understand.

soon.

He's from Africa right, a small country? City is trying to sign a Nigerian, best player at U17 World Cup. Newspapers saying they're trying to get him a work permit, which I thought were super unusual for young African football players in the UK. He's just started playing for the Nigerian national team though, so I guess that will help.

Kelechi Iheanacho, Attacking midfielder, got 6 goals and 7 assists in 6 matches at U17. They've been trying for months to sign him, father is getting paid apparently.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/manchester-city-transfer-news-kelechi-2998429

Yeah he is from Burkina Faso, I don't think he has a work permit in the UK but he has appeared for the national team a bunch of times! We have Kenneth Omeruo from Nigeria who is meant to be amazing and he just got a work permit and we shipped him off to Middlesbrough on loan. Looking forward to seeing how both of them do!

pulga

Banned
I'm sorry but Manchester United without Rooney are basically a mid-low table PL side. Stop hating on white Shrek

hear hear

cant wait for the Roon to leave these ungrateful sour clits

http://www.physioroom.com/news/english_premier_league/epl_injury_table.php

Such horror show atm. 12 teams with 5 or more players injured. Think someone wrote 20% of the PL players are injured.

Tottenham - 11
Arsenal - 9
Liverpool - 7
Manchester City - 7
Manchester United - 7

Chelsea been really lucky.

Dat Eva

eva_carneiro_and_has_a_nice_bum_too_1BkhhaG.sized.jpg

Manager

Yeah he is from Burkina Faso, I don't think he has a work permit in the UK but he has appeared for the national team a bunch of times! We have Kenneth Omeruo from Nigeria who is meant to be amazing and he just got a work permit and we shipped him off to Middlesbrough on loan. Looking forward to seeing how both of them do!

Nigeria got some big talents coming up. They won the U17 this summer, some main guys:
Kelechi Iheanacho, AM, player of the tournament, wanted by Porto and City. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSUILPtc2Gg
Musa Mohammed, CB and captain, wanted by everyone. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qfv735mzeQ0
Success Isaac, striker who was injured at U17 midway, signed by Udinese.
Chidi Nwakali, CM, wanted by City.

L1NETT

Cancelled my PS4 order, now sniffing around for the best offers. Really have no ideas what the best ones are and or who is reliable.

Hixx

Carlos Cuellar could be loaned to Watford for the rest of the season.

Then he could join Juventus in the summer.

WAT

KuGsj.gif

Meier

Pellegrini says Lescott isn't going anywhere in January. :| Obviously managers can't be taken at their word entirely in the transfer window, but I was hoping we'd ship him off. Bring in Zouma or someone for the future. Lescott isn't going to win us any matches and is gone in 6 months. Blood someone else.

Manager

Pellegrini says Lescott isn't going anywhere in January. :| Obviously managers can't be taken at their word entirely in the transfer window, but I was hoping we'd ship him off. Bring in Zouma or someone for the future. Lescott isn't going to win us any matches and is gone in 6 months. Blood someone else.

Didn't he say that there just was no news about it?

City will have issues with homegrown if they replace him with someone non-HG. Just on the limit now, Zuculini incoming, Nastasic soon non-U21, many non-HG unsellable.

edit
""He is not going for the moment," he kept saying that there was no news and that things may happen in January but nothing concrete.

Meier

Didn't he say that there just was no news about it?

City will have issues with homegrown if they replace him with someone non-HG. Just on the limit now, Zuculini incoming, Nastasic soon non-U21, many non-HG unsellable.

edit
""He is not going for the moment," he kept saying that there was no news and that things may happen in January but nothing concrete.
Good point with the HG concern. I guess we'll see how it pans out -- there aren't really any English CBs that we'd even consider signing I doubt. Maybe that kid at Sheffield United? I think United have most of the high quality youngsters. Maybe Rekik will qualify soon due to fact we signed him early? Not really sure how external loans affect the calculations.

In other news, Brahim is traveling with the U-16 team to play in a tournament in Qatar apparently. I think he'll move to the EDS very quickly. Barcelona wanted him in or around their first team by the time he was 16.

Feorax

Lol, I think Chelsea's comments about Moses have finally tipped Brendan over the edge. Daily Fail is reporting he's considering just sending him back.

Manager

Good point with the HG concern. I guess we'll see how it pans out -- there aren't really any English CBs that we'd even consider signing I doubt. Maybe that kid at Sheffield United? I think United have most of the high quality youngsters. Maybe Rekik will qualify soon due to fact we signed him early? Not really sure how external loans affect the calculations.

In other news, Brahim is traveling with the U-16 team to play in a tournament in Qatar apparently. I think he'll move to the EDS very quickly. Barcelona wanted him in or around their first team by the time he was 16.

Been thinking about that too, it's hard to know. Some of the thought of what they could do:
- Pantilimon will probably leave and he can be replaced by an English keeper.
- Zuculini is only 20 and will be U21 next season too, same with Nastasic
- Demichelis will probably leave after next season
- Excluding the best players, sellable non-HG are: Pantilimon, Kolarov(?), Garcia, Dzeko, Demichelis

You can have max 17 non-homegrown players, City's excluding U21:
Pantilimon
Kolarov
Kompany
Demichelis
Zabaleta
Fernandinho
Navas
Nasri
Silva

Garcia
Yaya
Dzeko
Aguero
Jovetic
Negredo

That's 15, plus Zuculini and Nastasic soon non-U21.

Feorax

In slightly less interesting news, Guardian are reporting that Arsenal, Liverpool and United are all willing to meet Diego Costa's release clause.

But it doesn't matter.

Because he won't be moving anywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom