• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

football thread 13/14 |ot12| last roll of the dive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salvadora

i07sXRDKz8T5U.gif
This was difficult to watch.

dc89

Holy hell :loool
This game still surprises me. I just knocked on one of the posters and Snake knocker her tittays and it triggered an Alert. Now i've got guards hunting me down.

bjaelke

Do you mean the Marca rumours? Can't see anything on the official site.

Real Madrid Info @RmadridInfo
Xabi Alonso's renewal until 2016 is official & confirmed by very reliable sources.

Real Madrid will make an official announcement about Xabi's renewal this evening.

Lightning

Banned
Wish Madrid would loan us Morata. Wankers.

Plenty of time to solve this in the summer with proper targets. Just need something in the meantime.

Manager

Wish Madrid would loan us Morata. Wankers.

Plenty of time to solve this in the summer with proper targets. Just need something in the meantime.

Summer transfer period will be crazy. You guys trying to find a couple of world class players to solve last pieces of the puzzle, City same (and finally a good sport chief in Txiki) and the first summer where all deadwood is gone, United doing a makeover of the team and maybe Everton or Liverpool building CL squads. Then there's all the new TV rights money too plus World Cup summer.

Xabi Alonso's renewal until 2016 is official & confirmed by very reliable sources.

Real Madrid will make an official announcement about Xabi's renewal this evening.

Thanks, he must've been offered crazy salaries by other clubs.

Kopite

Well what little hope of him coming back is dashed. Time to look forward now.

Manager

I find it more fun honestly. FM careers only get better the deeper you get into them.

From my experience (FM13 and backwards) - very often weird countries are getting insane regens, so the world scene looks a bit weird in 2025 or so (Romania got world class in FM2012 in just a few years, England rarely getting talents at all). Also, the abilities are often shifted so that regens have insane technical abilities but for example shit decision making, unrealistically bad, that destroys them. The one posted on the last page was very good, but very often the regens are destroyed by one or two important ability that is like 3 or 5.

In real life, the IRL coaches often see the player's weaknesses and forces them to train them so they become complete. In FM and regens, the weaknesses rarely gets sorted out by AI managers.

In my games, I'm often left out in 2020 surrounded by incomplete players and the few ones who are are valued £50m and impossible to buy.

Then there's also the economy, some teams have insane war chests after a couple of years which mean they overpay for the shittiest players.

Salvadora

Ancelotti/Perez won't give us Morata, guarantee it.

They simply don't have the numbers in that position and show no signs of doing their usual antics to reinforce it.

Manager

Pantilimon, Zabaleta, Kompany (C), Lescott, Clichy; Nasri, Yaya, Garcia, Silva; Negredo, Dzeko

Garcia, le sigh. Guess Fernandinho could use a rest.

Manager

West Ham putting out three rarely seen faces:
Adrian, goalkeeper with 2 PL starts (both losses)
Matt Taylor, been injured I think
Roger Johnson, new signing that keeps getting relegated.

Otherwise pretty strong team, he's rested Jarvis and Jaaskelainen.

FootballFan

West Ham putting out three rarely seen faces:
Adrian, goalkeeper with 2 PL starts (both losses)
Matt Taylor, been injured I think
Roger Johnson, new signing that keeps getting relegated.

Otherwise pretty strong team, he's rested Jarvis and Jaaskelainen.

What about Winston Reid? No Reid = no west Ham.

I can't say I'm confident, so I'll just say come on you Irons!!

Hoping Adrian has the game of his life, because he'll bloody well need to.

What about Winston Reid? No Reid = no west Ham.

Won't be back in training until the end of the month.

I doubt we would have had such a woeful Christmas if Reid had been fit.

pulga

Banned
YYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!

1389204444_374671_1389206074_noticia_grande.jpg

Two more years! He's on 6m from now on, 2m more than before. Worth every penny.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom