• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

football thread 13/14 |ot12| last roll of the dive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cinderella pls
I just read this article. I don't like this turn in ADL's tone - he seems to be growing particularly weary and pensive. I fear for the future of Napoli if ADL ever decides to sell. He revived this club practically from the dead and has worked to nearly return its status to the days of Maradona.

Maybe a couple successful transfers will perk him back up. It seems Gonalons still isn't entirely unavailable. And what ever happened to all the talk of N'Koulou?

omgkitty

About to drop $225 on some Hypervenom's. Anyone here have any thoughts on them? Preferably those who have worn them. I currently wear CTR360's.

599843_303_A

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I just read this article. I don't like this turn in ADL's tone - he seems to be growing particularly weary and pensive. I fear for the future of Napoli if ADL ever decides to sell. He revived this club practically from the dead and has worked to nearly return its status to the days of Maradona.

Maybe a couple successful transfers will perk him back up. It seems Gonalons still isn't entirely unavailable. And what ever happened to all the talk of N'Koulou?

I don't want him to leave either, he's fucking brilliant.
3AQmK.gif

and honestly, I don't blame him, the Italian media is just annoying as FUCK.

Jack cw

Bought to drop $225 on some Hypervenom's. Anyone here have any thoughts on them? Preferably those who have worn them. I currently wear CTR360's.

I actually wear 2 pairs of Superflys and I really like the feel but it was a hard fight with the Tajin synthetic because of the blisters I got on the heels. But now they are perfectly comfortable. Dont really know how the Hypervenoms feel though as I'm turned off by the horrendous design and colour. I switched to adidas Predator series a few months ago, great cleats!

omgkitty

I actually wear 2 pairs of Superfly and I really like the feel but it was a hard fight with the Tajin synthetic because of the blisters I got on the heels. But now they are perfectly comfortable. Dont really know how the Hypervenoms feel though as I'm turned off by the horrendous design and colour. I switched to Predator series a few months ago, great cleats!

I'm stuck with Nike as I wear 15's and Nike is pretty much the only company who has the size.

Subtly lowering expectations.
I'm guessing that's about signings.

He's dead right. January is not the time to buy. We fucked up in the summer big time. Plain and simple. We have to make do now and being without our two best players is starting to make this look an impossible job.

We won't be finishing in the top 4. Accept it folks.

Clegg

He's dead right. January is not the time to buy. We fucked up in the summer big time. Plain and simple. We have to make do now and being without our two best players is starting to make this look an impossible job.

I don't mind him saying it as he's probably right.

This bothers me though:

We've played pretty well, we just need to be a bit more clinical in the box

I know he can't say we've been crap, but saying we've been good is insulting to the fans.

Jack cw

I'm stuck with Nike as I wear 15's and Nike is pretty much the only company who has the size.

Ok, I see and I thought I had big feet with 11s ;D
But I think they are more or less a model between Vapor and CTR series, so they should be pretty good. One of my teammates wears the latest Vapors and likes them, so I think you'd be pretty good with them.

pappe

Is "warm weather recuperation" another term for holiday?

Yup. Sounds pretty worrying to me tbh. Holiday? now? when we are going through our worst phase?? doesnt make sense?? He could be heading out of United this jan itself. Oh fuck! We are screwed! So screwed!

LTWheels

@JamesPearceEcho: Rodgers confirms Sturridge and Sakho both fit to return to squad v Stoke on Sunday. #LFC Flanagan still missing

Almost full strenght

Feorax

I think a lot of that depends on how the next few games pan out. If you lose this weekend against Swansea and the gap opens to 8pts then I think you're done, but the current gap is just about achievable with a couple of good results.

I don't feel right writing off United, no matter how many times I remind myself the old rules of the PL don't apply anymore.

Manager

Someone on Redcafe did a summary on Utd's "questionable" transfers in the last 5 years:
2007/08 Anderson 15m, Hargreaves 17m = 32m

Unlucky on Hargreaves as I thought he'd be a great player for us. Anderson has been inneffective his whole United career. An enigma in the extreme.

2008/09 Berbatov 31m, Tosic 5m

Berbatov had one good year banging in the goals and then couldn't really be arsed. Tosic - the less said the better.

2009/10 We spent 16m of the 80m we received for Ronaldo on Antonio "tengo solo un trick" Valencia

See current forum thread on him to gauge current popular opinion on Tony and his one foot.

2010/11 Smalling 10m, Bebe 7.4m

Fuck me. Bebe. If that wasn't a dodgy deal I don't know what is. Smalling at 10m for me needs perhaps a little more time, but he doesn't convince me at all.

2011/12 Ashley Young 17m.

Please. We'll sell him back to Villa for a 10m loss at best.

Incidentally, Hernandez was bought for 6m, and despite having a difficult time of it this year, is still well worth the money in my book based on what he did in his first 2 years.

2012/13 Zaha 15m, Kagawa 12m, Powell 6m, Hernandez 4m, Uttner 3.9m

A bit early to write off Zaha, but for a guy who represented England towards the end of his time at Palace, the fact that he doesn't get a look in sets alarm bells ringing. Kagawa belongs in this liust on current form, Powell may need some time, Hernandez too, but Büttner is clearly a bad buy.

2013/14 Fellaini 27m

Well, let's pray shall we?

Maybe Nani could be there too? Even though last summer was deemed bad, there really has been a couple of stinkers through the years.

I don't mind him saying it as he's probably right.

This bothers me though:
I couldn't give a fuck about what he says as long as we play well.

You can look into what a manager is saying but the way our season has been I just wanna see some better performances.

Yup. Sounds pretty worrying to me tbh. Holiday? now? when we are going through our worst phase?? doesnt make sense?? He could be heading out of United this jan itself. Oh fuck! We are screwed! So screwed!
Warm weather training is common.

What this does indicate however is that were pretty desperate to get him back ASAP, which is stating the obv I guess.

Slizz

As Splatt said though, everyones prices are going to be inflated this summer because of WC performances.

You have to buy early like Froggie did with Chicha, which is pretty tough.

Salvadora

I think a lot of that depends on how the next few games pan out. If you lose this weekend against Swansea and the gap opens to 8pts then I think you're done, but the current gap is just about achievable with a couple of good results.

I don't feel right writing off United, no matter how many times I remind myself the old rules of the PL don't apply anymore.
I wouldn't write United off getting top 4 even with an 8 point gap.

I think Liverpool, Spurs and whoever else they're competing with are more than capable of dropping points. When Rooney and Van Persie are back, they'll have the match winners there.

As Splatt said though, everyones prices are going to be inflated this summer because of WC performances.

You have to buy early like Froggie did with Chicha, which is pretty tough.
Everyone's prices are always inflated.

Won't be surprised to hear the excuse when the times comes but it's just that, an excuse.

K1LLER7

Moyes will find it tough in the summer too.

No idea on when Jones is back? We desperately need him back and play him in midfield. In the long term he should be a CB but this season we need him in midfield. He's the only one who puts himself around in that position.

Labyad has been loaned to Vitesse and Rinaudo to Catania. Good to see that we are doing our best to clean the house.
Rinaudo is a great player but it´s understandable that he wants to leave. Unless William Carvalho is seriously injured, he wouldn´t get any play time. Italy seems like the perfect choice for his type of football.
Curious to see how Labyad does in Vitesse, if he doesn´t wake up soon and starts to put some effort, he won´t get anywhere.

GorillaJu

as much as people complain about the future stuff in AC, for me it was pretty much the main reason i even bothered with AC2. the first game was terrible, as was the story of Altair, however desmond`s tale still held some intrigue. AC2 had a far stronger storyline for ezio, but without that initial hook i wouldn't have been interested

There's so little subtlety and context that I can't muster up anything more than morbid curiosity to see it progress. I like its existence as it does well to connect a game series that spans multiple generations and time periods, but

it's just so batshit insane the way things go from tepid to boiling in the blink of an eye. It sets you up to liken yourself as a kind of investigator as you uncover the mysterious secrets, then it decides "nah fuck that, here's all the answers to the things you may have been curious about" and pushes you down further than you were motivated to go.

AC4's exploration, ship combat/pirating, side activities, general movement and traversing and main quest storyline were all good in my book. But the craziness of the modern Abstergo story stuff, the stealth and the combat all need to be looked at for the next revision. The stealth, especially, is just so silly and unrewarding. It says a lot about the quality of it that they basically have to dangle rewards in front of your face for playing it the way they want you to play it, avoiding detection, sabotaging alarm bells, etc. instead of just doing the way that makes it not feel like a chore (just slaying the fuck out of everything with smoke bomb death orgies).

Yen

One of the limpest PL players of all time. Couldn't handle a slight breeze, never mind a midfield battle. Fulham are better off without him.

I remember someone in this thread, Confuziz or Boozeroony, saying he was much better than Suarez and would tear up the PL.

Barzul

#DEAD

Don't fuck with that woman, ladies & gentleman. For your own sake. Unless you can make a very good case for yourself and have facts or logic backing you up, just shut the fuck up and move on.

Who is this person, PM anyone?.

Also I'm happy Rosicky is getting a new contract, he deserves it.

I know they were nearly finished, but as long as they are just happy with survival from now on then great. Which is a shame because they could continue to challenge Bayern for dominance.

I could never accept anything less then success at Arsenal.
#WENGEROUT

Are you fucking serious?

I'm sorry we have such a poor recent history of winning 2 league titles, 1 cup, reaching a CL final and can't keep up with the currently best team of the world with our whole defense injured while staying financially reasonable and reaching the round of 16 in the CL and the quarter final in the DFB cup. And all that coming from nearly being bankrupt.

Not everyone can have the rich and fantastic recent history of Arsenal Football Club, struggling to qualify for the CL, losing the final of a shit cup against a club getting relegated and just this season, being first in a league in which all rivals are having a shit season, at least to some extent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom