• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

football thread 13/14 |ot12| last roll of the dive

Status
Not open for further replies.

jesalr

P408_zps793909bb.png

It's the Tim Sherwoodywoody PL table.

Meier

Yaya didn't technically get off the pitch until 60:19. Fantasy players hoping he gets those 2 extra points I'm sure.

Tiote gonna rip long range shots for eternity again since he connected earlier. You're welcome, Sunderland fans.

Yen

So the ref says Gouffran interfered with play - except he was actually moving out of the way in order to not interfere, and wasn't in Hart's line of sight.

Incompetence.

Exactly.

I think the ref gave it because Hart didn't make an effort to save it, lino thought "oh, must be an offside decision then"

Exactly.

I think the ref gave it because Hart didn't make an effort to save it, lino thought "oh, must be an offside decision then"

It's really not the assistant's fault, though. When you're on the sideline, it's really hard to tell whether a player is in front of the keeper or not. Depth perception is very difficult from that distance.

The linesmen was actually probably right to raise the flag there, just to air out any concerns. It's 100% on the center ref for invalidating the goal, he had a great angle and made the wrong decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom