• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

football thread 13/14 |ot12| last roll of the dive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyoufu

So the ref says Gouffran interfered with play - except he was actually moving out of the way in order to not interfere, and wasn't in Hart's line of sight.

Incompetence.

Yup. 3Sixty should apply for a refereeing job. Looks like he fits the criteria of not understanding the rules.

Tc91

He wasn't interfering with play and wasn't blocking an opponent. He was the other side of the goal ffs and no one anywhere near him.

Knock the ref out Pards.

INJUSTICA

LegoArmo

Manchester United fans might remember an Evans own goal against Newcastle, that was given, but should have been ruled offside in my opinion.

There was much argument over that goal. Similarly terrible decision to me though.

L1NETT

Ref and linesman need to be fucked off to the conference after this game

I'm sure they will, and deservedly so.

Point of this, and all these big game poor decisions, is need for technology. Refs are human, gonna make mistakes. Rugby, Cricket and Tennis have it; time for football.

But all this conspiracy corrupt horseshit drivel is so boring.

It's a strange rule to begin with since it happens all the time on corners but I guess the players are not offsides so it's ok to crowd and stand in front of the keeper.

They should make a rule change to allow players to do it like in hockey. Would be funny watching all the deflections ruled out for offsides that would have been goals.

GQman2121

Banned
So the ref says Gouffran interfered with play - except he was actually moving out of the way in order to not interfere, and wasn't in Hart's line of sight.

Incompetence.

Exactly. Gouffran moved to his left, away from the ball and Hart. I could see if he went to his right towards Hart, but he didn't.

NBC showed the linesmens position when the ball was struck. He's yards and yards in front of the last defender. He was in no position to make that call one way or the other.

It's a strange rule to begin with since it happens all the time on corners but I guess the players are not offsides so it's ok to crowd and stand in front of the keeper.

They should make a rule change to allow players to do it like in hockey. Would be funny watching all the deflections ruled out for offsides that would have been goals.

The vast majority of teams keep players on the posts on corners so the rule becomes moot. We had a few goals against us disallowed under Rafa since we didn't put defenders on the posts, so there'd be players offside when the ball came towards our goal

Fuck FIFA. Ribery won't win tmw. #FIFRAUD.

Ribery isn't even the most deserving player on your team. Ribery is not the best player in the world. #FACT

I would have loved if Lahm could win. For me the best player in the world, but fuck FIFA voters and the bias against non forwards

Feorax

I'm sure they will, and deservedly so.

Point of this, and all these big game poor decisions, is need for technology. Refs are human, gonna make mistakes. Rugby, Cricket and Tennis have it; time for football.

But all this conspiracy corrupt horseshit drivel is so boring.

Yup, i completely agree. Fuck those who keep saying video technology will suck the soul out of football. How could it be any worse than what we have now?

bjaelke

Mignolet, Johnson, Cissokho, Skrtel, Toure, Lucas, Gerrard, Henderson, Sterling, Coutinho, Suarez.

subs: Ward, Kelly, Ibe, Aspas, Moses, Sturridge, Alberto.

Feorax

@LFC: Confirmed #LFC team v @stokecity: Mignolet, Johnson, Cissokho, Skrtel, Toure, Lucas, Gerrard, Henderson, Sterling, Coutinho, Suarez.

@LFC: Confirmed #LFC subs v @stokecity: Ward, Kelly, Ibe, Aspas, Moses, Sturridge, Alberto.

Studge!!!

Sakho :(

Ward?

Walshy

Mignolet, Johnson, Cissokho, Skrtel, Toure, Lucas, Gerrard, Henderson, Sterling, Coutinho, Suarez.

subs: Ward, Kelly, Ibe, Aspas, Moses, Sturridge, Alberto.
Sturridge and Ibe back, nice.

Worried about Kelly being the only option as a centre back, wheres iloiri?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom