• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT13| Top 15 finish for AC Milan: Sogno Possibile

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
The most surprising thing about this season is how fucking predictable it is

Everyone knew Wellbeck and Jones would miss, Adnan, young lad, first penalties in a big game, you cant ask anything more of him. But Wellbeck you are paid to score and you dont score, you seldom ever reach the target. Jones, what in gods name are you?

Carbonox

TtpXJ.gif

moyes is cruising for a bruising

GQman2121

Banned
Moyes post interview should be very interesting. It'll boil down to, yeah, we've gone out, but we've also locked up Juan Mata so it's not all bad.

FuturusX

Told you Sunderland would sneak it. Penalties are about the mind. You have to believe you'll score.

Rooney and RVP better get better soon.

Into

oh my god i missed another manchester united circus fun time?

WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

You can recreate the moments!

Boot up Fifa, lower every United and Sunderland player to 1 in every stat, then go to penalties and shoot them blind folded, controlling the gamepad with your feet.

doicare

Ah yes another game that comes down to United being fucked over by injuries, hitting the post and then over the space of 120 minutes Sunderland managing a stunning ONE shot on target which of course they score from. And then finally when it comes down to penalties all of United's best penalty takers are out injured, yep golf clap Sunderland, you really deserved that and the countless posts on this forum from 'real' football fans trolling United are totally deserved as well.

Simzyy

I never post in this thread, but I had to come by just to say to all the Utd fans...

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Thank you for brightening up my day yet again this season.

Leg-End

Even as a United fan I'm not mad about it anymore, Moyes has albatross around his neck who shat on an elders grass and has been doomed to fail until the end of time.

Jarnet87

That was worse then the shootout debacle against Everton in the FA Cup Semis a few years back, and that was a new a low for penalty kicks.

We shouldn't of even been in extra time, but Moyes and his mid table tactics keep us from ever moving forward.

Antti

To be honest, Januzaj, while being one of our top players, was pretty rubbish today. Tons of ill-advised decisions in key chances. Way too selfish most of the time. Hernandez was even worse, though.

My MoM from ManU was Smalling. He had a solid game aside from a couple of gaffes.

Ah yes another game that comes down to United being fucked over by injuries, hitting the post and then over the space of 120 minutes Sunderland managing a stunning ONE shot on target which of course they score from. And then finally when it comes down to penalties all of United's best penalty takers are out injured, yep golf clap Sunderland, you really deserved that and the countless posts on this form from 'real' football fans trolling United are totally deserved as well.

#PluckyUnderdogUnited

L1NETT

Repeating Lambda here, but ignore that rubbish please.

--

Sunderland to do a Wigan? Personally think City are far too strong

Stubo

Any united fan saying we don't deserve this needs to take a look at themselves, and at our team. We did not deserve to win that game.

Good luck to Sunderland, I know who I'm behind for the final.

Edit: Just noticed the BBC text for the shootout:
BBC Football said:
Penalty missed! Bad penalty by Craig Gardner (Sunderland) right footed shot is just a bit too high. Craig Gardner should be disappointed.
Penalty missed! Bad penalty by Danny Welbeck (Manchester United) right footed shot is too high. Danny Welbeck should be disappointed.
Penalty saved! Steven Fletcher (Sunderland) fails to capitalise on this great opportunity, left footed shot saved in the bottom left corner.
Goal! Manchester United 2(1), Sunderland 1. Darren Fletcher (Manchester United) converts the penalty with a right footed shot to the bottom left corner.
Goal! Manchester United 2(1), Sunderland 1(1). Marcos Alonso (Sunderland) converts the penalty with a left footed shot to the bottom right corner.
Penalty saved! Adnan Januzaj (Manchester United) fails to capitalise on this great opportunity, left footed shot saved in the centre of the goal.
Goal! Manchester United 2(1), Sunderland 1(2). Ki Sung-Yueng (Sunderland) converts the penalty with a right footed shot to the bottom right corner.
Penalty missed! Bad penalty by Phil Jones (Manchester United) right footed shot is too high. Phil Jones should be disappointed.
Penalty saved! Adam Johnson (Sunderland) fails to capitalise on this great opportunity, left footed shot saved in the centre of the goal.
Penalty saved! Rafael (Manchester United) fails to capitalise on this great opportunity, right footed shot saved in the bottom left corner.

So much 'bad penalty', so much 'should be disappointed'.

Clegg

Worst thing is, I'm not even surprised.

We fucking scored with 90 seconds left, but played pish for the preceding 120 minutes. Players and management deserve slaps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom