• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT13| Top 15 finish for AC Milan: Sogno Possibile

Status
Not open for further replies.
They've got to take responsibility. It's not all Moyes.
The senior players have a lot to answer for. I actually think Moyes needs a clear out.

Chelsea managers were constantly undermined by the likes of JT, Lampard and Cole. I don't think it's to the same extent, but it wouldn't surprise me if the senior players are United are not playing for Moyes.

P.S - that Jones penalty technique. How did he do that, his whole body went to spaghetti.

It is largely Moyes' fault though. Ferguson was getting 150% out of this team and Moyes is getting about 50%

Phil Jones... fucking paperweight of a player

PgloH2e.jpg

dc89

Don't know how these players can carry on like this. Dreadful performances after dreadful performances.

I'm with dc on this. Some of these players need to go, starting with Valencia.

It is largely Moyes' fault though. Ferguson was getting 150% out of this team and Moyes is getting about 50%

Yeah... because he's Sir Alex Ferguson. Won everything he can win. Of course you're going to play for him because of his pedigree.

FuturusX

The key thing here is that Moyes can't manage a game. He's doesn't know how to tweak things to hold the points or grab something.

He also doesn't command the respect of the players. You can see a player running through a wall for Fergie...not so much for Moyes.

They really should have gone with Mou.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
http://i.imgur.com/PgloH2e.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

[quote="Mr.Marston, post: 98110094"]LOL[/QUOTE]

[quote="Barzul, post: 98110097"]This never gets old.[/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://thepeoplesperson.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/van-persie-guard-of-honour.png

"[...]it was worth it."
/
dwgirIQ.png

L1NETT

Is there a gif of Welbeckinho's penalty

And when it lands, can someone but the ball on ebay. Wanna see it if it's rigged.

defel

The key thing here is that Moyes can't manage a game. He's doesn't know how to tweak things to hold the points or grab something.

He also doesn't command the respect of the players. You can see a player running through a wall for Fergie...not so much for Moyes.

Mou would have been loyal for a couple of years then fucked off somewhere else. Going for stability was definitely the right choice, unfortunately the united side is shit

Marc

Gary Neville "They have won the game"

Wait, what?

Hurry up Moyes! Pick yourself up from the shower room floor ffs.

It's strange that, because I think it was Ancelotti who said that Moyes was always making adjustments and switching things up throughout the game.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Gary Neville "They have won the game"

Wait, what?

Hurry up Moyes! Pick yourself up from the shower room floor ffs.

Well he means they won 2-1. They won the second leg. But not the tie.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Moyes not coming out for an interview, lets hope some of the players are getting the mother of all shoutings, its simply not good enough,

Meier

As I've long said (agreeing with Mancini here), RVP won the title for Man U last year completely single-handedly. They were not a particularly good team then either.. he just would dig them out of a hole seemingly out of nowhere. This is a team that needs a serious overhaul. City brought in 5 players.. United needed to bring in 3 or 4.

FuturusX

It's strange that, because I think it was Ancelotti who said that Moyes was always making adjustments and switching things up throughout the game.

Perhaps Everton are just a better team than UTD - in that they have players willing to listen an respect their manager. Perhaps the pressures are a lot greater at UTD where you are expected to beat teams and beat them well.

Perhaps he's just out of his depth.

Perhaps we have judged him unfairly. Let him build 'his' team and the rest will be history.

As I've long said (agreeing with Mancini here), RVP won the title for Man U last year completely single-handedly. They were not a particularly good team then either.. he just would dig them out of a hole seemingly out of nowhere. This is a team that needs a serious overhaul. City brought in 5 players.. United needed to bring in 3 or 4.

Need almost twice that.

Meier

Need almost twice that.

I think this season has proved that to be true.. but in the summer, you guys definitely needed at least 3 or 4 new players. Not 1 on the last day. It was obvious that RVP couldn't stay healthy forever. At least last year when he went through his drought, he was a constant threat which helped give Rooney opportunities. Without them both? Yikes.

I knew Welbeck, Adnan and Fletcher would miss. You could read them easily. They looked nervous.

Isn't Fletcher the only one who actually converted? :p

Come on guys, Bacon face won the league with an unspectacular squad as is the calibur of his management. Moyes inherited a team that is only better because of rooney and RVP who have been missing for long periods.

The title fight be awesome this year along with the extremely close relegation battle, but the battle for that 4th spot will have teams so pumped up...

My god, it get better every year doesn't it?

Pretty sure Aguero can't score any closer to the end though, and we're not gonna lose by goal differnece :D

Clegg

I may have to revise my prediction of Moyes winning a trophy before Wenger. We're more inept than the Frenchman at his worst.

FuturusX

UTD played poorly but should have won this easily. Adnan was wasteful...Pea boy missed a sitter....The biggest issue with this team is psychological. They are starting to believe they are shite...and that might well be the truth.

Sunderland played them off the park at times though. That has to be concerning. Mata needed confirmed.

Has Guarin been a revelation this season or something? From what I've seen, he's good, but not a patch on Kwadwo Asamoah, who could probably be prized from Juve considering they waste him at LWB.

If Mata really doesn't want to fight for his place, then he should leave.

Its incredibly gutting, a player I believed that if he was with us for long enough could break Lampard's goal record, I honestly believed it but if he really doesn't believe he has it in him to try to break back into the team and would just rather walk into a team then its up to him.

£37m-£40m is well below what United should be paying for a player of his talents in my opinion but we have a team full of incredibly talented players, an abundance of quality in his position and if we focus on this too much it'll disrupt the team which we cannot allow to happen under any circumstances. I want to win the title, I want to win the FA Cup and I want to win the Champions League. Are we likely to do the treble? Well, I wouldn't put much money on it, but if we let this overshadow the great performances by Willian, Hazard, Oscar, Terry, Azpilicueta and a few others then we'll go from a great position to a shit one quicker than we can say Chelski.

We wanted Jose back, I do believe its his call to make the decision to let him to go and if he sanctions it then we should back him. We can't want him to be a yes man to Roman, the board or to the fans, because that will just not work, its not his style and he won't accept it.

Looking at our recent form and how well we've done without Mata, unfortunately it does show we don't seem to need him at the moment. Suggestions we're in for Salah, he can provide the required depth in the position if needed or any other player we choose to sign should we do so.

Its a very disappointing scenario as a Chelsea fan and someone who considered Mata one of his favourite players. Every line-up I've looked at recently the first thing I did was see if he was playing and I was disappointed when he didn't but seemingly the decision has been made.

I think Marcotti has done a great article on it, even if not much of it was something I wanted to read

For what its worth, if he can't kickstart United's season then I think regardless of how well he plays, he won't go to the world cup anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom