• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT13| Top 15 finish for AC Milan: Sogno Possibile

Status
Not open for further replies.

jtb

Banned
having done minimal thinking on the subject, wouldn't surprise me if Wenger wanted to fast track Draxler's signing with Walcott missing the rest of the season.

its fascinating how this fps bullshit has made people forget how crap that game actually is and people are actually excited about paying 60$ for it

brilliant marketing move

GAF seems to think this FPS has anything to do with sales of games. Public doesn't care. Publishers don't care. The last NPD thread was a library.

Elchele

Man, Gotze goal was amazing. I still can't stand Cuntinha.

Max Kruse is one of the most interesting players I've seen in my life. I don't get why germans are worried about striker position in the national team, Kruse is one of the most complete strikers and the best suited for modern football.

Pizarro deserved the goal, dat class and talent

Bexee9dCcAAqM1D.jpg

'I hear your team missed four penalties?'

:loooool Heynckes pls come back

I don't understand Schalke's stance for selling this month. They're still in the CL; are a win or two out of qualifying for next years CL; and have him under contract with a huge buy-out. What do they gain?

But if Draxler is on to Arse (which I'll believe when I see his itinerary) does that mean there could be any movement at all on Holtby? Seems that story has gone cold over the last week or so.

Their coach is Keller. That sums it up

Does the "Draxler to be converted into a striker" theory come from anything more than fact he's taller than the modern-day playmaker? Granted, his scoring record last season was quite good when he played CAM.

Draxler is far from being a CAM playmaker, he was very dull when playing as #10 for Schalke. Meyer in like his second pro match outplayed him in that position.

Scum

Drax to Arse? Whoa!

@Freewheelin'
I think he got banned in the thread on gaming about the guy getting duped and losing his PS4 to a girl pretending to have cancer. Fucking behave, you cunts, if you visit.

jtb

Banned
This has been his ONLY good season. Suddenly worth breaking the bank over. Not for me.

The way he gets talked about on here you'd think he was banging them in his entire career.

it's one hell of a season though. Suarez was shit for his first two seasons in England, Bale's only been half-decent for the last season... they're good now and they've continued that good form, that's what matters.

also, he had Falcao ahead of him in the pecking order prior to this season so I wouldn't read too much into him not scoring as many goals before this season.

This has been his ONLY good season. Suddenly worth breaking the bank over. Not for me.

The way he gets talked about on here you'd think he was banging them in his entire career.

2013/14 - 23 goals - 2 assists (as an SC)

2012/13 - 12 goals - 8 assists (as an SS)

2011/12 - 10 goals - 4 assists (as an SS)

2010/11 - 6 goals - 2 assists (as an SS)

His first season as a proper striker and he's destroying it.

And he would cost as much as Draxler.

jtb

Banned

suarez scored league 11 goals in his first full season at Liverpool. that's literally the same number Giroud scored in his first season at Arsenal. says it all, really.

bale only played like ronaldo-lite towards the second half of last season.

fuenf

Could you post what he said? In a very detailed manner.

Das ist schwer, gerecht werden kann ich ihm nicht aber ich versuche es trotzdem:

"Ist das ein besonderes Spiel für Sie?" (so oder so ähnlich war die Einstiegsfrage)

-"Ja, das da unten sind immer noch meine Jungs, natürlich bin ich Gladbacher, aber das ist irgendwie immer noch meine Mannschaft, außer Thiago und Götze waren die alle letzte Saison schon da."

-"Natürlich gibt es unterschiedliche Spielstile, ich wurde durch Gladbach geprägt, Barcelona hat durch Cruyff einen holländischen Stil und auch ich habe mich über die Jahre weiterentwickelt. Das Bayern da unten ist schon zur Hälfte Pep's Barcelona, da muss man am Ende der Saison sehen ob es funktioniert."

und bei Götze's Tor:

"Solche Situationen haben wir letztes Jahr (schon) trainiert, dass hat der Thomas natürlich gut gemacht."

Big time? They are just one point ahead, I couldn't care less if they lost or won.

;) you're the best.

simples

Banned
suarez scored league 11 goals in his first full season at Liverpool. that's literally the same number Giroud scored in his first season at Arsenal. says it all, really.

bale only played like ronaldo-lite towards the second half of last season.

those are breakout seasons, that doesnt even they were shit before that

bale has been fantastic since 2010. playing left back and left wing, last year they let him play a more free role. he was on radars far before last year

So Draxler is 20 with one league goal to his name and is valued at 30plus million.

Then, how much is Berardi who is 19 with 11 goals worth???
200m

Das ist schwer, gerecht werden kann ich ihm nicht aber ich versuche mal:

"Ist das ein besonderes Spiel für Sie?" (so oder so ähnlich war die Einstiegsfrage)

-"Ja, das ist unten sind immer noch meine Jungs, natürlich bin ich Gladbacher, aber das ist irgendwie immer noch meine Mannschaft, außer Thiago und Götze waren die alle letzte Saison schon da."

-"Natürlich gibt es unterschiedliche Spielstile, ich wurde durch Gladbach geprägt, Barcelona hat durch Cruyff einen holländischen Stil und auch ich habe mich über die Jahre weiterentwickelt. Das Bayern da unten ist schon zur Hälfte Pep's Barcelona, da muss man am Ende der Saison sehen ob es funktioniert."

und bei Götze's Tor:

"Solche Situationen haben wir letztes Jahr (schon) trainiert, dass hat der Thomas natürlich gut gemacht."

looool

Jupp will be very happy about this.

Clegg

As Laboured pointed out, last season Costa was playing as a second striker with Falcao being the main man. Didn't do too badly either. Now he's excelling in a leading role. It's his best season so far, but it's certainly not his first good season.

Elchele

Das ist schwer, gerecht werden kann ich ihm nicht aber ich versuche es trotzdem:

-"Ja, das da unten sind immer noch meine Jungs, natürlich bin ich Gladbacher, aber das ist irgendwie immer noch meine Mannschaft, außer Thiago und Götze waren die alle letzte Saison schon da."

und bei Götze's Tor:

pls, I'm only starting my german course next month :(

help me understand
I WANT TO UNDERSTAND

Kikarian

Mou is going to wake up tomorrow and think "What have I done?"
3AQmK.gif

Although tbf Salah isn't bad. Just that Mata is better.

YES WOODWARD

jtb

Banned
those are breakout seasons, that doesnt even they were shit before that

bale has been fantastic since 2010. playing left back and left wing, last year they let him play a more free role. he was on radars far before last year

Liverpool were shit with Suarez leading the line because he was a terrible finisher those seasons. (how many times did we hear "liverpool dominated the game, hit the woodwork X times, and lost anyways" that season... that's at least partly Suarez's fault.) he failed at doing his only job. therefore, I don't think it's a stretch to say Suarez was shit his first season and a half (forgot he moved in January) at Liverpool.

shit is probably harsh but Bale was definitely inconsistent those years. good against Inter, but teams in the league pretty much figured him out under Redknapp after that until AVB came along and basically built the entire team around him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom