• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT13| Top 15 finish for AC Milan: Sogno Possibile

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danchi

How are Arsenal looking regarding the home grown players?

I think someone posted a chart here the other day that showed Arsenal had the most in the league? To be "homegrown" you only need to have played within the academy for a few years so plenty of overseas players end up counting.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
tumblr_lyzuakBpff1qi621lo1_500.gif

it's true!

fuenf

pls, I'm only starting my german course next month :(

help me understand
I WANT TO UNDERSTAND

Short version: 'i'm still the best, Bayern wouldnt've lost a single point or conceded a single goal with me, I'm not convinced Pep is the right guy, 7-0 lol' ;)

BexgosdCUAA_X1L.png

that's pretty good, thanks a lot. I somehow thought Jupp could read German :/ I was so happy that I remembered most of what Heynckes said that I couldn't be bothered to translate it.

I love that we played all our key players tonight. Football is all about confidence and the more you win the more you grow. Wenger had been guilty over the last few years of not taking the cups seriously and a bad cup loss would desteoy us.

We should be high going into the Southampton game with key players scoring and the news about Draxler,if true, should give the players a good buzz.

SAF:

"You have to say Manchester City are playing so well, there is no dispute about that, but the teams at the top at the minute must have a big chance.

"Arsenal must have a big chance. Everyone keeps writing them off, saying they won't last, but we're into the second half of the season and they are still there.

"Then you've got Chelsea, Everton, Tottenham, who are starting to do well.

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

I love you SAF.

Elchele

About Javi-Schweinsteiger

They obviously don't fit like they did in Heynckes' system, but they still are very valuable players. Maybe not starters, but Pep does rotate a lot. Javi was great in the match vs. Chelsea for the UEFA SuperCup, easily our best player in that match... he needs to adjust, play a few games in a row and get in form once again. We need someone to rotate with Lahm in the DM position and Javi is that guy.

Schweinsteiger on the other hand, he will be a depth player and nothing more. I expect him to leave when his contract runs out. His time has passed at Bayern

edit: who cares anyway, Pierre-Emile is basically the new Schweinsteiger but with much more potential

fuck Rafinha and Pep

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Andy Gray has gotten a job back in commentary. Will start tomorrow for BT.

The man is an utter twat but I'd rather listen to him than the boring planks they have now. BT have done quite a lot right with their coverage but their commentators are abysmal. I also don't understand why James Richardson doesn't present the main programme.

Never would have imagined Chelsea not selling Mata overseas 4/5 months ago.

There are only about 5 teams abroad who could pay what Chelsea want, excluding a silly Russian club or something. Barca, RM and BM dont need him. That leaves PSG and Monaco. Maybe Mata didn't want to go France because it is hard to imagine PSG not bidding

Danchi

The European Football Show is great (it's basically Football Weekly) and they get Gab Marcotti for some Italian games. The ex-players they have and that guy who Ginola swore at are awful though.

Clegg

The man is an utter twat but I'd rather listen to him than the boring planks they have now. BT have done quite a lot right with their coverage but their commentators are abysmal. I also don't understand why James Richardson doesn't present the main programme.
I prefer Richardson on the Football Show. Atmosphere is more relaxed and he can joke around. He makes a very good host in those sort of conditions. He'd have yo be more professional and formal on their main shows. Imo some of the charm would be lost.

PaulLFC

Sounds like Gray commentating might not be a one off. Des Kelly on Twitter:

Des Kelly ‏@DesKellyBTS
Welcome to Andy Gray, who joins the @btsport team on co-commentary duties. Starting tomorrow.

Wes

venison crêpe
@MiguelDelaney 1m

Wenger on Draxler: "That again is an illusion. There is nothing happening. There is no need to take a player on the flank."

arrested-development-gob-magic-storming-the-castle-gif.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom