• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT13| Top 15 finish for AC Milan: Sogno Possibile

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wouldn't that be about €19m a year? That sounds insane.

That's close to Ronaldo money isn't it?

4b335bba7661873b_make_it_rain.xxxlarge.gif

Who's going to photoshop Moysie on this one?

This is the great thing about Chelsea fans. They don't even care about signing players because they want them to play for Chelsea. They just don't want other teams to have them.
Well I do want him for Chelsea but to get him when he's Arsene's golden boy would make it even more sweeter.

jtb

Banned
seriously, I'd sign Rooney on a 300k/week contract at Arsenal, basically do the RVP deal in reverse. he's too good a player at a position where there is a real scarcity of available replacements to not sign/re-sign him when the opportunity presents itself.

especially now that RVP is back to his usual injury prone self. there's no way you can rely on him under any circumstances.

You know thats gonna happen... Moyes Gotta Moyes.
------------DDG------------
Rafael-----Evans--Jones-----Shaw
-------Carrick--Fellaini-------
Adnan-------Rooney-------Mata
------------RVP--------

wrong

Rafael-----Evans--Smalling-----Coentrao
Valencia-------Rooney-------Mata
------------RVP-------

Carbonox

Thierry Henry interview on Graham Norton is a bit awkward but hilarious. Everything taking the mick. :lol

Regarding leaving Arsenal and why he left: "who were the worst signings? Gotta be Bendtner right?"

scently

Much as United fans hate Rooney, he's a lose at no cost kind of player in my opinion.

I know this is silly money but with a player of his quality, in the world of today, I want him to stay. He is top class, and without him, we would be in a much dire situation.

Anyway, excited to see how he, RVP, Mata, and the likes of Adnan/Kagawa combine.

LegoArmo

Reason I think Rooney is so important, is because I think there might be more problems with van Persie than Moyes is letting on.

simples

Banned
wrong

Valencia-------Rooney-------Mata
------------RVP-------
Wrong

-------Jones--Rooney-------
Valencia-------Mata------RVP
------------Cavani-------

Jarnet87

Not shocking if Rooney gets a new deal. It will quell the talks that he wants out for another 2 or so. Moyes wants him there and thinks he needs him to succeed.

pappe

you think he is half, no 1/10th the player ronaldo is?

stupid money on someone who is clearly passed is best and isnt motivated to stay
He is not. Not even close. But there is simply no like for like replacement available. he can provide excellent quality play in 3 positions.

Ronaldo earns £288,000 a week.

Then why the fuck would anybody pay Ronney that kind of money?!

You just know he's going to drag his chubby little bum to a candy store and spend everything he has left after his new hair transplant there. Then he'll be diabetic and retire.

Good job United, now he's unemployed.

Moyes you fool.

Mastadon

Banned
------------Who------------
Fucking-----Cares---Because-----We
-------Aren't--Signing-------
Anyone-------Football------Is
------------Shit-------

My view on Rooney:

I don't mind him as much as some. He's producing on the pitch at the moment.

However my worry with offering a new contract is that he'll deteriorate quickly after the age of 30. I can just see his body caving in and him becoming a proper fat cunt as his metabolism slows down.

Clegg

Rio and Evra are defo gone in the summer so that'll free up a fair wedge in wages. Probably enough to cover what Mata will be earning. Add the extra £50m a year we'll be getting from Chevy and whatever we'll get in the new kit deal and you can see how we can afford to offer Rooney £300k per week.

Obv I'd prefer if we sold the prick, but that just ain't gonna happen.

Rio and Evra are Deco gone in the summer so that'll free up a fair wedge in wages. Probably enough to cover what Mata will be earning. Add the extra £50m a year we'll be getting from Chevy and whatever we'll get in the new kit deal and you can see how we can afford to offer Rooney £300k per week.

Obv I'd prefer if we sold the prick, but that just ain't gonna happen.

He's already on 250k a week. That's more than enough for his talent. 300k is taking the piss.

So now you got Willan for 30m just to spite Spurs and Salah to spite Liverpool and not play them? Chelsea...
Injuries happen. Unlike you guys, we build a great squad in case our main players are injured.

And let's not kid ourselves Wenger would do the same spite signing if the board weren't cheap.

My view on Rooney:

I don't mind him as much as some. He's producing on the pitch at the moment.

However my worry with offering a new contract is that he'll deteriorate quickly after the age of 30. I can just see his body caving in and him becoming a proper fat cunt as his metabolism slows down.
No way can be willing to give him £300k/week guaranteed money.

pappe

To guys saying sell Rooney. Who would you bring in as a replacement? There is no striker available and RVP is injury prone again.

LegoArmo

As much of a fat prick that he is, I don't know any other player that can do what he does in terms of scoring, creating, energy and workrate.

Maybe Cavani?

Lightning

Banned
Injuries happen. Unlike you guys, we build a great squad in case our main players are injured.

And let's not kid ourselves Wenger would do the same spite signing if the board weren't cheap.
Worked out for Mata didn't it? Young and brightest stars don't like bench.

Besides I still think Bayern will get Draxler anyway. They are the biggest threat to him.

scently

To guys saying sell Rooney. Who would you bring in as a replacement? There is no striker available and RVP is injury prone again.

Seriously, this is the question I have been asking. Its all fine and good wanting him to leave but who exactly can we realistically replace him with? This seems to be a dearth of top quality strikers available at the moment.

If you're going to play him as a striker then I am fine if he stays. I think he'll continue to play in the 10 spot.

Keep or sell doesn't matter right now though. He's not worth 300k a week.

Fergie

Banned
300k a week after the shit Rooney previously pulled is quite disgusting, what does that say about the club?

I'm sure he'll be captain soon enough as well, with the way things are going.

He's a utter cunt but vital for the remainder of the season, RVP is dead.

arkon

Mata needs to be given the number 7 shirt. Adds extra spice to the Manchester derby.

JM7 vs JM7. Mouthwatering prospect.

pappe

If you're going to play him as a striker then I am fine if he stays. I think he'll continue to play in the 10 spot.

Keep or sell doesn't matter right now though. He's not worth 300k a week.
If RVP is injured Rooney will play as Striker and Mata as 10. Well, he should. You never know with Moyes.

scently

As much of a fat prick that he is, I don't know any other player that can do what he does in terms of scoring, creating, energy and workrate.

Maybe Cavani?

Cavani isn't as creative as Rooney, and he will cost an arm and a leg...even that might not be enough as I don't see a reason why PSG would want to sell him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom