• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT13| Top 15 finish for AC Milan: Sogno Possibile

Status
Not open for further replies.

subtles

That article was probably a bit older and referencing his salary prior to his massive raise he got when he re-upped this summer.
Are you sure it doesn't include any sponsorship money he gets?

I'm on my phone and can't really look it up atm.

Zlatan is the best paid player isn't he.

He's on £10m/year guaranteed after tax.

Mr Hollande's grand tax plans means PSG have to cough up about £750k/week for him :lol

Zlatan is the best paid player isn't he.

He's on £10m/year guaranteed after tax.

Mr Hollande's grand tax plans means PSG have to cough up about £750k/week for him :lol

Did you see Monaco have agreed to pay €50 million tax back payments which is non-FFP deductible. That's gotta fucking smart.

Batigol

Banned
JBVjOVv.png

Looooool

scently

The good thing about Mata is that it might motivate Moyes to start playing better football. Better football will improve RVP, Januzaj, and Shinji (if he stays). I fail to see how we can get the best out of Mata if the team continues to play the same shit style of football currently. No movement means we can't exploit Mata's vision and passing.

He'll be similar to Shinji. The only difference is that even when the football is shit, he can provide that individual piece of magic to win a game which Shinji can't do.

And this is the real problem we have. Honestly I pity Shinji most time he has the ball; no movement at all from most of our players. That, plus our natural inclination to spread it out wide to Valencia means his abilities are severely hampered. Also, most of our players don't have the technical ability to string a couple of one-two together. This can actually affect Mata too.

Hopefully, with Rooney and RVP back, the situation can change.

pappe

And this is the real problem we have. Honestly I pity Shinji most time he has the ball; no movement at all from most of our players. That, plus our natural inclination to spread it out wide to Valencia means his abilities are severely hampered. Also, most of our players don't have the technical ability to string a couple of one-two together. This can actually affect Mata too.

Hopefully, with Rooney and RVP back, the situation can change.
Very true. There really shouldnt be any excuses now. If we cant play decent free flowing and look dangerous while attacking Moyes should get a kick up his arse.

Its time to retire the clank

Meier

Are you sure it doesn't include any sponsorship money he gets?

I'm on my phone and can't really look it up atm.

Certain. I actually went through the conversion myself but it looks like it was reported as £338k per week at the time of the new deal so I could have saved myself some time. :p Cristiano is now the highest paid player in the world, surpassing even what Eto'o was making at Anzhi.

LegoArmo

Do you guys think the signing of Mata moves Chicharito above Welbeck in the pecking order? I feel like that kind of movement and finishing and Mata's passing could go together well if Rooney and van Persie are out longer than expected.

You guys are buffoons for even mentioning Cavani or Zlatan leaving PSG anytime soon especially to Manchester fucking United out of all clubs. :lol

United can have Lavezzi for a decent fee.

Yeah the only reason Cavani and Zlatan play for PSG in the first place is because of the well of money from the sheikh. If you think PSG has any incentives other than money you're incredibly deluded LOOLLLLLLL

Also can people please get it in their heads that most of us don't want Rooney to stay because of his attitude. I think every one knows he's world class but why the fuck would you want a player playing for your club when he's put in a transfer request twice? If he doesn't respect the club he can fuck off no matter how good he is

Lightning

Banned
GeoffArsenal thinks Zelalem is technically better at the age of 16 than Cesc. No way,
Cesc was able to hang with Arsenal's superstar team straight away. Not sure Zelalem can do the same yet but he's on the way. Great Great talent.

Do you guys think the signing of Mata moves Chicharito above Welbeck in the pecking order? I feel like that kind of movement and finishing and Mata's passing could go together well if Rooney and van Persie are out longer than expected.

Nah. Welbeck's versatility and defensive contribution are always gonna keep him ahead of Hernandez now.

If Rooney renews I'd be quite happy for Hernandez to leave, it's best for him. As long as we can find a buyer outside of England willing to pay ~£15m.

pappe

Yeah the only reason Cavani and Zlatan play for PSG in the first place is because of the well of money from the sheikh. If you think PSG has any incentives other than money you're incredibly deluded LOOLLLLLLL

Also can people please get it in their heads that most of us don't want Rooney to stay because of his attitude. I think every one knows he's world class but why the fuck would you want a player playing for your club when he's put in a transfer request twice? If he doesn't respect the club he can fuck off no matter how good he is

As long as he performs on the pitch I dont give a fuck how many transfer requests he puts in. 95% of footballers are greedy cunts with no loyalty to the club they play for. Why should you expect different from Rooney?

qindarka

Banned
So now you got Willan for 30m just to spite Spurs and Salah to spite Liverpool and not play them? Chelsea...

Last I checked, Willian is a regular starter for us now.

And we're only swooping in for Salah because of the unexpected sale of Mata and a need for depth.

LegoArmo

Nah. Welbeck's versatility and defensive contribution are always gonna keep him ahead of Hernandez now.

If Rooney renews I'd be quite happy for Hernandez to leave, it's best for him. As long as we can find a buyer outside of England willing to pay ~£15m.

Atletico might be in need next season.

As long as he performs on the pitch I dont give a fuck how many transfer requests he puts in. 95% of footballers are greedy cunts with no loyalty to the club they play for.

Exactly, he doesn't let it show on the pitch, football is played on the pitch, not the boardroom.

wedward

GeoffArsenal thinks Zelalem is technically better at the age of 16 than Cesc. No way,
Cesc was able to hang with Arsenal's superstar team straight away. Not sure Zelalem can do the same yet but he's on the way. Great Great talent.

Hard to say. Zelalem hasn't played enough.

Zelalem just looks so young. Kid is currently a twig.

jtb

Banned

agreed. Geoff is, as always, drinking the kool-aid. great talent, give him time, but none of our star players will be sold in order to make room for his emergence. wouldn't hurt for him to bulk up a little more, either, I think.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
This is going to be an interesting last half of the season as a United fan, I imagine there is going to be a fair bit of trial and error to fit Mata, Rooney and Rvp around. Of the three only RVP is not flexible, and then there is Adnan to fit in, though I could see him having less of a role and more time to develop. Dare we play with no wingers? Could the dream be true?

As long as he performs on the pitch I dont give a fuck how many transfer requests he puts in. 95% of footballers are greedy cunts with no loyalty to the club they play for.

95% of players don't put in transfer requests for bullshit reasons like Rooney. Fergie had it right when he immediately got rid of players who started fucking up the club and dressing room. Keane, Beckham, Van Nistlerooy etc, all world class players, United recovered fine after getting rid of them, Rooney is no different

kharma45

Oh shit. Good shout.

Kagawa + £10m for Gundogod.

Hernandez + £20m for Koke.

Oh God Oh God Oh God who's got Woodward's email.

Yeah I see Hernandez at somewhere like Athletico.

Kagawa I can't see back at Dortmund though unless he wants to play out wide there too. Gundogan with his back issue I'd be afraid to take a punt on.

L1NETT

Pappe makes a top point. Expecting loyalty from these overpaid pricks is expecting far too much. You need him desperately, good luck finding a replacement.

----

Rewatched 12 years. McQueen is the best man, film punches you hard even second time around.

wedward

agreed. Geoff is, as always, drinking the kool-aid. great talent, give him time, but none of our star players will be sold in order to make room for his emergence. wouldn't hurt for him to bulk up a little more, either, I think.

Geoff is easily excitable.

My favorite Geoff story is he was riding his scooter to the Emirates when he got the text that we were signing Ozil. He said he had to pull off to the side of the road and take a breath.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom