• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT13| Top 15 finish for AC Milan: Sogno Possibile

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've never heard of him before he was linked to us but the reports on him are very good. Still, you can never be sure that a player will ever come back fully from an injury.

Another Brazilian I'd like us to look at is Dodô. He's looked good for me the times I've watched Roma this season.

Dodo is some player. I have been really impressed with him too. I think he needs another few seasons in Italy before he should move to a different league. he is still only 21 and I imagine him bombing if he makes the move to England in the summer. It also must help a lot for him that 2 of his 3 back four partners are also Brazilian.

edit: talking of Roma, I think Benatia might be the best CB in world football right now. The guy is just a beast. Not the passer that Silva is, but plays his position perfectly. Only lost 2 games in the whole of 2013.

subtles

I've never heard of him before he was linked to us but the reports on him are very good. Still, you can never be sure that a player will ever come back fully from an injury.

Another Brazilian I'd like us to look at is Dodô. He's looked good for me the times I've watched Roma this season.

With Lucas not being the same after suffering the exact same injury that would be quite a dangerous gamble. I haven't focused on Dodô playing (Juve match) so I can't give any additional input (though I trust your judgement and hope the club is scouting well). I really warmed up to the idea of Fernando Reges of Porto but it seems like we dropped our interest for one reason or another.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I...really wanted Gerrard to lead Liverpool to the title this season :(

United was crippled by Moyes, Chelsea was disoriented and City's La Liga football was not working.

but then everything changed

United was crippled by Moyes, Chelsea was disoriented and City's La Liga football was not working.

and Arsenal kept on winning and Yurt looked a fool for celebrating Liverpool finishing 2nd.

Btw Liverpool bros, Zenit are in desperate need of a DM as well. I just want to let you know in advance. If you get gazumped by Gazprom at the end of the window don't take it out on me.

GorillaJu

Our title chances are slightly improved without Gerrard leading us :[

He shouldn't be in the Regista role.

Salazar

the power of duck face.

346RXRN.gif

This is the bit where you post a copious amount of gifs to illustrate your point.

vm3NBBP.gif

subtles

Our title chances are slightly improved without Gerrard leading us :[

He shouldn't be in the Regista role.

Gerrard was poor enough in the role but the isolation made it much worse. If we want to play expansive football we need a player in that role that can play well even when isolated, though that wouldn't have been a big issue if the forward and back lines compressed the empty space by coming closer together.

It feels like one game we get it completely right and then we go and ruin it the next game.

Edit: The lack of balance in the starting line-up against Villa was such a silly thing to go for in the beginning, especially with key players out of form.

Showaddy

Yet still I don't expect too much difference. I feel as though we're going to suffer even more humiliation before this season is over.

Yeah Mata's signing could be a major confidence boost but realistically he's out of form and lacking playtime. Short term he'll help but Utd's injuries and their shaky defence/central midfield are still going to hamper them.

Salazar

Yet still I don't expect too much difference. I feel as though we're going to suffer even more humiliation before this season is over.

Aye. Clearing up one of the problem areas as well as signing Mata would be brilliant.

I'd trust Moyes to take a punt on the wide players - but I want hard, tough, proven quality in the middle. Don't go signing 30 year olds, but no gambles.

Aye. Clearing up one of the problem areas as well as signing Mata would be brilliant.

I'd trust Moyes to take a punt on the wide players - but I want hard, tough, proven quality in the middle. Don't go signing 30 year olds, but no gambles.

We need a CM and a winger to an equal degree. I don't believe in the concept of playing two wide AMCs that cut in, whilst relying on full backs to overlap. It's actually too predictable and makes you so vulnerable to counter attack on the wings. Only way to counter act that is to have the busiest fucking CMs on this planet.

We need a CM and a winger to an equal degree. I don't believe in the concept of playing two wide AMCs that cut in, whilst relying on full backs to overlap. It's actually too predictable and makes you so vulnerable to counter attack on the wings. Only way to counter act that is to have the busiest fucking CMs on this planet.

You want to see more of Valencia?

he's the league's top scorer with 14 goals!

but he fucked his knee again
Negative_Man.png

At this rate, he'll be cremated before the end of the season.

breaks my heart not having him in Brazil. We don't really have any forwards who can play like him.

We might as well throw in the towel if Giovinco goes.

Also Nasri recommended Benatia to Wenger. Wenger chose not to listen.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
breaks my heart not having him in Brazil. We don't really have any forwards who can play like him.

We might as well throw in the towel if Giovinco goes.

Also Nasri recommended Benatia to Wenger. Wenger chose not to listen.

And Wenger CAN get him if he wants. It's Roma, everyone is up for sale.

Gio :( well, Italy is already dead with Mario anyway.
Isn't he American?

Yeah.

Balo is more Italian, that's for sure.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
and Anelka to Lazio. The joke writes itself.

Seriously?
Tottenham defender Jan Vertonghen sparked transfer speculation after tweeting “Touchdown Florence!!”

Fiorentina are looking for a new defender to reinforce their squad over the January transfer window, having already snapped up Alessandro Matri from Milan and Manchester United midfielder Anderson.

Belgian international Vertonghen tweeted he had just arrived in Florence this evening, though it’s not clear why he is in the city.

It’s possible he is merely on vacation, but he has been linked with a move to Napoli as well.

The 26-year-old centre-back has only been at Spurs since July 2012, notching up 21 appearances for the club in all competition this season.

Turok_TTZ

so mata really is going to united. mourinho done let his past get the better of him, he needs to let whatever happened in madrid go. I do not see the point in united signing mata unless they intend to offload either kagawa or rooney.

Another winter transfer market, another time madrid do sense and not sign anyone. we need no one nor do we need to sell. I hope we sign/sell no one this winter transfer market.

GorillaJu

How many peak (27-32 year old) Brazilian players are there that have lived up to hype and early promise?

Kaka has done pretty well in his later years, and Thiago Silva is still great. But how many others are there? It seems like Brazilians are so prone to being good in their early 20s then completely fizzling out. Dani Alves is another who has always been a top player.

How many peak (27-32 year old) Brazilian players are there that have lived up to hype and early promise?

Kaka has done pretty well in his later years, and Thiago Silva is still great. But how many others are there? It seems like Brazilians are so prone to being good in their early 20s then completely fizzling out. Dani Alves is another who has always been a top player.

Rivaldo and Gilberto Silva did well.

It is hard when they come from such a different footballing world and style. It use to be that they would come and play in the "smaller leagues" and adjust to European football. Now they get signed straight away to big clubs with big transfer fees and they bomb at an early age.

edit: it also seems that football is still a fun thing for most Brazilians. They come to Europe and make the big money, but they lose the sense of fun they had back in Brazil. Europe is much more professional with strict regimes, and it is easy to get home sick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom