• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT13| Top 15 finish for AC Milan: Sogno Possibile

Status
Not open for further replies.
But when you consider that United make a similar amount of money each season from a deal signed back in 2000, you begin to think that Arsenal haven't haven't fully sussed out this thing out yet.

Well, if you only look at commercial deals from Man United's perspective then everything will seem unimpressive.

At the end of the day we've taken on a relatively short term deal which is on par with Real Madrid's (and more than Barca's), after being paid £8m per-season by Nike while dealing with stadium debt. You add in the Emirates renewal from last year (£5.5m to £25m) and we're in a much stronger financial position.

Hixx

We will receive more money if we beat Southampton in the 5th Round of the FA Cup than we would if we beat City in the LC Final.

Football.

TeddyBoy

Ince is an abysmal buy. He's not even Moses level.

He isn't exactly a world beater but would be a cheap option that can help provide cover in the squad in the future.

Does Ince play LW or RW?

Swansea have signed David Ngog.

David Ngog.

Fuck me...

I remember when he left us, I was almost as happy as when Babel left.

To be fair to Swansea, they have almost an entire team out injured, they need players and fast. Even if they're trash.

Splatt

I think Hummels will be back soon, and they have Sarr and Gunter as backup
Sokratis is already better than the serbian cunt and this season Hummels

Them be fightin' words!

untitled-1256ydw.gif

Nah, he's a bit of a cunt but I still rate him very highly. That clearance in CL final where he just slid in front of Robben was holyshiticantbelievehedidthat

We have Hummels, Sokratis, Friedrich, Sarr and Günter, Bender can do the job, too. Another CB would just mean trouble when Subotic is back in summer.

Or said differently, Freiburg won't sell Ginter in winter.

What about fullbacks?

sohois

He isn't exactly a world beater but would be a cheap option that can help provide cover in the squad in the future.

Does Ince play LW or RW?

I remember when he left us, I was almost as happy as when Babel left.

To be fair to Swansea, they have almost an entire team out injured, they need players and fast. Even if they're trash.

Is his contract up soon? I suppose Blackpool might just have to give him away, probably worth it for 1 or 2 million.

Timurid

Them be fightin' words!

untitled-1256ydw.gif

Nah, he's a bit of a cunt but I still rate him very highly. That clearance in CL final where he just slid in front of Robben was holyshiticantbelievehedidthat

What about fullbacks?
Isn't Subotic another Benedict Arnold?

TeddyBoy

Is his contract up soon? I suppose Blackpool might just have to give him away, probably worth it for 1 or 2 million.

His contract is up this summer and Liverpool get a portion of his sales (around 20% I think). So we could get him quite cheap for sure.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Sandro isn't going to be ready to play City on Wednesday :(

I guess Paulinho will get the nod.

Walshy

We get 20% of his sale. He was meant to go to Cardiff for £10m in the summer.

For £2m, we could get him for it would be worth it. He's young and can be improved, English (which will certainly help if we make Champions League and the homegrown quota) and knows a few of the academy lads. He would be a better option than Moses on the wing, surely.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Isnt Ince meant to have some attitude problems?

3Sixty

Looks like Lambert might not be fit for Arsenal.

Might end up starting 18 year old Sam Gallagher up front.

We play who we want.

Brendan's press conference talking about transfers. Looks utterly defeated.

I fear it's too late to get anything done without being bent over a barrel, since clubs know we're desperate and there are only 4 days left. Doesn't sound like we've got anywhere with any targets either, only reports about us being interested in players. Should have had priority signings lined up before the window even opened.

Feorax

I fear it's too late to get anything done without being bent over a barrel, since clubs know we're desperate and there are only 4 days left. Doesn't sound like we've got anywhere with any targets either, only reports about us being interested in players. Should have had priority signings lined up before the window even opened.

That's what we did with Sturridge, and that gave us the breathing room to get Coutinho done.

I had a feeling we were planning to do the same thing this window, and when Salah didn't happen, it would fuck up all of our plans. Seems as though that's come to fruition sadly.

That's what we did with Sturridge, and that gave us the breathing room to get Coutinho done.

I had a feeling we were planning to do the same thing this window, and when Salah didn't happen, it would fuck up all of our plans. Seems as though that's come to fruition sadly.

I was gonna mention Sturridge. Feels like we're only efficient when the selling club is actively trying to sell the player, or if the player is desperate to leave.

Hixx

Liverpool please don't succumb to your past mediocrity and let Mediocrity United finish above you

edit: Swansea have signed N'Gog??!

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Liverpool please don't succumb to your past mediocrity and let Mediocrity United finish above you

You did us a favour, a cup competition would hinder our ability to secure a top 4 spot, thank you Hixx

And thank you Danny Welbeck

And thank you Phil Jones

Thanks for everyone

Hixx

You did us a favour, a cup competition would hinder our ability to secure a top 4 spot, thank you Hixx

And thank you Phil Jones

Thanks for everyone

But Davey Moyes will go one more year without putting those chapped, absurdly thin lips upon some silverware.

Unless, like Wenger, he makes up his own trophies for finishing fourth.

wedward

Arsenal haven't been successful enough to deserve more than 150 million. While I am sure United's deal will smash it, it doesn't really matter. They don't spend money anyways.

Luckily it's only 5 years. We can expect and even bigger deal in 5 years.

Good news on Arsene extending.

qindarka

Banned

And thank you Phil Jones

Thanks for everyone

I don't think one match would have affected much. A win in the final might even have given United more confidence.

The best thing about the end of the window is the end of the pathetic whining from the rest of y'all. Can't wait

Let it wash over you, hope turns to despair, optimism to pessimism, excitement to fear.

I have to say, calling us pathetic for airing our grievances is quite bizarre to me considering the fact that the fires you've been trying to put out for the last week seem to be blazing hotter than ever. Do you genuinely think we'll get something done quickly enough to make our whining look silly in hindsight?

Maybe we'll get that 4th spot regardless of a bad window, in which case I'll hold my hands up and get myself a solid gold statue of Rodgers, but as it stands, we've made a potentially season-ruining series of errors over the last 3 weeks, and going back to the summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom