• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT13| Top 15 finish for AC Milan: Sogno Possibile

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
haven't seen the last episode yet, but it's good to know that she flashes her tits again.

nevermind_nathan_fillion.gif

;_;

Clegg

The price of United's shares fell this morning as shareholders didn't like the fact we spent £37m in a player. What the fuck did they expect when they invested into a football club?

Feorax

Team for tomorrow kind of picks itself for me.

Mig; Sterling, Skrtel, Kolo, Flanagan; Gerrard, Hendo; Moses, Coutinho, Suarez; Sturridge.

Definitely play Suarez on the left with Coleman being out. Moses will have to put in a shift to help Sterling, but I still think he's a better option than Kelly at RB at the moment.

You could have a 4-3-3 variant with Coutinho left, Suarez right, and Alberto completing the midfield 3, but I can't see Alberto starting.

Clegg

to be smart with transfers?
How is it not a smart transfer?

The share price fell not because of the amount which was spent but rather
because any money was spent at all. Deutsche Bank stated that money on transfers was not helpful to the monetisation of the club. They want the profits but haven't seemed to realise that money needs to be spent.

Clegg

Basically telling players to step up they're out the door.

Nice. Think we might have secured a deal or 2 for the summer already. Moyes seems pretty confident.
I wouldn't go as far as saying he's already secured a few deals. He seemed pretty confident about Febregas too remember. Good to hear him talking strongly though.

Meier

I haven't seen True Detective yet since my HBO Go box is in the room. Can Sony hurry up and get it sorted so that it's on PS3 too?!

Only way Cabaye goes is if they get Cabella lined up IMO. Newcastle can't be that stupid to sell without having the replacement sorted.. can they?

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
I still can't believe we have Mata.. Hasn't quite sunk in yet.

I know, its still feels like a dream after the whole summer debacle. Now lets just hope he doesnt get injured first game :x I cant imagine going from the high I am now to the low that would be.

What about fullbacks?
Fullbacks? That's the position we definately need no new players in. Piszczek is amazing, Schmelzer played a solid CL run last season. Then there's Großkreutz who became a great RB (and also played LB in the past) and Durm who is a very promising young fullback who can cover both sides.

Superman

I know, its still feels like a dream after the whole summer debacle. Now lets just hope he doesnt get injured first game :x I cant imagine going from the high I am now to the low that would be.

The thought of him getting injured is giving me chills! (In a bad way)

Can him, Rooney, RVP & Adnan play together? Who knows. With all of them back (I know RVP & Rooney might not be match fit of course), I'm excited at the thought of us being able to score a lot more goals in games again.

confuziz

Banned
Remember that goal from one of the twins some time ago?

I called it luck and you guys jizzed all over the place.

WHO IS RIGHT NOW HUUUUUH

i know that goal has nothing to do with his defending abilities, but still

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris

Can him, Rooney, RVP & Adnan play together? Who knows. With all of them back (I know RVP & Rooney might not be match fit of course), I'm excited at the thought of us being able to score a lot more goals in games again.

The four of them are too intellegent not to work together, remember this isnt a foreign signing who has never played in the premier league, this is one of the premier leagues best players, while nothing in life is certain the ingredients are all in place for flowing attacking football.

Now the real question is can we score more than we concede in the latter half of the year? Cause we are gonna need to score alot of goals to win games with our current back four.

Well, Mata, Rooney and Januzaj are flexible in terms of positions - there are probably a multitude of systems that would suit all four at once if that was the route Moyes wanted to go down.

I really think (hope) Juan will be an RVP-esque signing for United.

Meier

its not a loan? nooooooooo

he was supposed to the better twin in 2008 :'(

BfARbWBIYAAz7le.jpg

Rafael posted this of Fabio on Instagram. Not official official yet (on the team web pages), but yeah, should be forthcoming. Reports have said not a loan. Zaha will be loaned to Cardiff as well and they're swapping Odemwingie for Kenwyne Jones.

faridmon

Remind me not to post anything in a Naughty Dog related threads. Those people who worship them are fucking the worse.

anyway, good to be back..... oh, I hate Derbies.

Get well Oviedo :(

Superman

The four of them are too intellegent not to work together, remember this isnt a foreign signing who has never played in the premier league, this is one of the premier leagues best players, while nothing in life is certain the ingredients are all in place for flowing attacking football.

Now the real question is can we score more than we concede in the latter half of the year? Cause we are gonna need to score alot of goals to win games with our current back four.

Very valid points!

Ones thing for certain... A change in formation is necessary? 4-2-3-1?

Fergie

Banned
Remember that goal from one of the twins some time ago?

I called it luck and you guys jizzed all over the place.

WHO IS RIGHT NOW HUUUUUH

i know that goal has nothing to do with his defending abilities, but still
iba7u4rkcjc3zs.gif

Pls.

Good luck to Fabio, may he regain his form, bar injuries.

Superman

Well, Mata, Rooney and Januzaj are flexible in terms of positions - there are probably a multitude of systems that would suit all four at once if that was the route Moyes wanted to go down.

I really think (hope) Juan will be an RVP-esque signing for United.

Again, very valid points!

I'm certain OT will be buzzing tomorrow, return of Ole. Hopefully we can get a couple of decent results before the Arsenal game to gives us some added confidence. (I'm sure the Mata signing has given the squad a much needed morale boost already)

Clegg

With the way United are playing right now it's entirely possible that we lose. Having said that, Cardiff are bottom of the league so we should be winning this game comfortably even without Mata.

Speaking of the impossible, United were 80/1 to win the title last time I checked.

Now it's probably not going to happen but those are some ridiculous odds considering how long is left in the season.

I'm so excited for the game tomorrow. This is the second start of our season, need Rooney and RVP fit for the remainder of it, lets hope Mata and Janu mesh well together too. Come on United. I want to see them put a team to the sword, it has been far too long.

Fergie

Banned
I'm so excited for the game tomorrow. This is the second start of our season, need Rooney and RVP fit for the remainder of it, lets hope Mata and Janu mesh well together too. Come on United. I want to see them put a team to the sword, it has been far too long.
For the first 10-15 and last few minutes, the team intensity is good, exemplified in the Chelsea match, the problem seems to be, that as the match goes on all focus is lost. An early goal wouldn't go amiss tomorrow.

Splatt

Fullbacks? That's the position we definately need no new players in. Piszczek is amazing, Schmelzer played a solid CL run last season. Then there's Großkreutz who became a great RB (and also played LB in the past) and Durm who is a very promising young fullback who can cover both sides.

I have no idea why I thought both Piszcek and Schmelzer were injured...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom