• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT13| Top 15 finish for AC Milan: Sogno Possibile

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
But Davey Moyes will go one more year without putting those chapped, absurdly thin lips upon some silverware.

Unless, like Wenger, he makes up his own trophies for finishing fourth.

images

sohois

So you're content with no signings?

Yes. Chelsea strengthen their first 11 whilst City and Arsenal do nothing, but where is their doom and gloom? Everton make moves whilst Tottenham stand idle, but you don't see Usho and Bungie leaping off bridges. Utd sign Mata, but do you see Carbonox or 3Sixty crying?

Combination of some injuries, a draw(!) against Villa and not throwing money at Salah seems to have driven everyone else into a deep depression

Splatt

Yes. Chelsea strengthen their first 11 whilst City and Arsenal do nothing, but where is their doom and gloom? Everton make moves whilst Tottenham stand idle, but you don't see Usho and Bungie leaping off bridges. Utd sign Mata, but do you see Carbonox or 3Sixty crying?

Combination of some injuries, a draw(!) against Villa and not throwing money against Salah seems to have driven everyone else into a deep depression

It's a combination of 0 (defensive)midfielders that is causing this mass depression wave.

Combination of some injuries, a draw(!) against Villa and not throwing money against Salah seems to have driven everyone else into a deep depression

It's Lucas' injury which has dampened my hopes tbh

If Giroud was injured for 5 weeks and had a record for getting injured frequently and badly, Arsenal fans would be going crazy. City didn't need strengthening, their squad is ridiculous already.

Christ, I hope Allen is fit to start tomorrow. Sakho and Enrique can't come back soon enough either.

sohois

It's a combination of 0 (defensive)midfielders that is causing this mass depression wave.

Oh? As far as I see it the majority of whining stems from the failure to sign Salah - an attacking player- and United signing Mata, both of which clearly have nothing to do with the DM situation

Mastadon

Banned
Oh? As far as I see it the majority of whining stems from the failure to sign Salah - an attacking player- and United signing Mata, both of which clearly have nothing to do with the DM situation

I'm not sure I agree with that. The 'whining' I've seen is coming from the fact that our squad has some very obvious deficiencies, which have been exacerbated by a some bad luck with injuries and apparently no steps have been taken to address these. This is despite the fact that we have our best chance of qualifying for the CL since we dropped out of it.

Salah would have been nice, insofar as it would have given the squad a bit of lift, but like you say he was never a priority area. It just seems as if the momentum is now with our rivals for fourth who have either strengthened (Utd, Everton) or have significant players returning from injury (Spurs), rather than us.

Splatt

They're taking crazy pills.

Salah is far from what Liverpool need, especially at the price Basel was asking for. Giving ludicrous amounts of cash for half-a-season wonders is going to lead to another Andy Caroll situation.

United signing Mata solves their "Valencia and Young are useless, Kagawa is dead inside" problem, which does give them much greater chance for a top 4 finish. Their defensive woes are far from being solved, though.

If Brendan and Ayre could add 1 and 1 and get correct result, they'd be searching for a club to give 20+m for a proven defensive midfielder.

Getting Matic, even at 40m, would have been a bargain, not getting Salah at 10-12m or whatever peanut money was being offered.

dc89

Fancied watching some football so I am watching AIK v Molde in the Copa Del Sol :lol

Molde are destroying the other team.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
*half way through True Detective E:3*

Rust's batman voice

The writing

The drama queen wife

I can't take it anymore

Edit: oh boobs! CANT WAIT FOR EPISODE 4

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
RvP and Rooney back, Mata in, god damn our frontline is looking scary, to think the last few weeks its been Valencia, Kagawa, Adnan, Wellbeck, Hernandez

Now its Rooney, Mata, RVP, Adnan and filler

Barzul

Arsenals deal with Puma is significantly bigger than the one United signed with Nike in 2000.

United's deal was 303m over 13 years so about 23m every season. Arsenal's is 150m over 5 years making it 30m every year. However, when United renegotiate, they're probably going to smash whatever the current European record is. The advantage of the Arsenal deal is that it's so short that we can renegotiate for even better terms soon enough.

Arsenals deal with Puma is significantly bigger than the one United signed with Nike in 2000.

United's deal was 303m over 13 years so about 23m every season. Arsenal's is 150m over 5 years making it 30m every year. However, when United renegotiate, they're probably going to smash whatever the current European record is. The advantage of the Arsenal deal is that it's so short that we can renegotiate for even better terms soon enough.
We signed a progressive deal.

Incremental increases each year, started at £17m I think. It was over £30m last year but these journos are too lazy/not sad enough to look into our accounts.

Clegg

We signed a progressive deal.

Incremental increases each year, started at £17m I think. It was over £30m last year but these journos are too lazy/not sad enough to look into our accounts.
We should be looking for at least £50m a year. Seems like a good figure.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I called 911 to apologize and tell them it was an accident, and they were total jerks about it and said a car was in the area. Such a waste of time. Then an email got sent out to the entire building saying I did it :
Holy shit :lol

I think I read £33-34m was it for last year.

We should be looking for at least £50m a year. Seems like a good figure.

Hard to say whether the deal we signed back then well judged the future trend to get us to ~£35m/year now or whether we are still undervalued in that deal.

Pretty sure we'll break £50m though. I have a feeling Woodward is waiting to see if he can sign a big name in the summer before really pushing the boat out. There are a number of very marketable names in the squad now.

God knows we'll need the cash since were finishing 7th this season :(

Mr Cola

Second time ive tried the witcher and I remember why I stopped the first time, the tutorial is horrific, it introduces things poorly and half the time doesnt tell you what to do directly. It tells me to put a mutogen in the training path but when I try nothing happens. I then find a place I can put a Mutogen in another path but it wont let me continue, it asks me to do something I cant do, either it has explained the process wrong or its bugged.

FootballFan

Second time ive tried the witcher and I remember why I stopped the first time, the tutorial is horrific, it introduces things poorly and half the time doesnt tell you what to do directly. It tells me to put a mutogen in the training path but when I try nothing happens. I then find a place I can put a Mutogen in another path but it wont let me continue, it asks me to do something I cant do, either it has explained the process wrong or its bugged.

Wannabe Ni No Kuni game

Gibbo

Fuck. Cabaye is leaving isn't he. And there's no replacement in sight. Why do we keep getting ourselves in such situations time after time

L1NETT

Only some skills from the tree can be upgraded with Mutagens. Never use lesser ones too, always use greater ones. Only the higher skills can be upgraded with mutagens.

Also before you do, try and get the Impregnation (i think that's the name) skill from the Alechmy tree, it's makes Mutagens more effective.

Stick with it I promise you won't regret it. Witcher is about being measured rather than charging in and hacking everything to bits ES style. Witcher 2 probably the best game I played last gen. Wouldn't be surprised if Witcher 3 or Cyberpunk is the best this one.

Carbonox

Fuck. Cabaye is leaving isn't he. And there's no replacement in sight. Why do we keep getting ourselves in such situations time after time

Him leaving or not depends entirely on what the ownership want out of this season. We won't finish top 8 without him which means no decent monies for the fat cat (the new TV deal means everyone will get great money but more is good, right?). That last part could prove crucial for him.

Everyone knows Cabaye will go in the Summer if he doesn't this month so the ownership has no need to sell him this month when they will get their required fee for the player in the Summer, especially if he has a great World Cup too. They will absolutely get the 20-25m this Summer as well.

and yet, we probably will still sell him cos Mike Ashley and co have a debilitating brain illness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom