• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT13| Top 15 finish for AC Milan: Sogno Possibile

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fintan

Wow, United defense was a bit of a mess there. Haven't exactly played well, but whatever. 2-0 should be enough, but I remember being 3-0 up under AVB...(I think).

bud

aPC4GpZ.jpg

Yep...just not good enough.

Our defense is really really poor this season. A problem which isn't getting much mention but it's just basics which we get wrong at the back.

If Mourinho goes for it second half we could get badly beaten here.

Clegg

Having ward that first half I don't think Chelsea have been any better than United. They're just so much more clinical than us.

It's not like we're even playing badly.

Today's average performance aside, how's Willian been doing for Chelsea? Don't see Chelsea fans here talk much about him.
The last few games he has been fantastic. He melds really damn well with Hazard and Oscar. We'll see at the end of the season if he was worth the amount we paid for him.

Kikarian

The thing that's the most frustrating is that we've not been that bad. It's just that we haven't got a goalscorer on the pitch.

Having ward that first half I don't think Chelsea have been any better than United. They're just so much more clinical than us.

We are playing badly.

We are creating nothing. Nobody is getting in the box. The midfield isn't pressing nor supporting in attack. The fullbacks are being got in behind. We aren't picking up men in the box.

Yeah we are knocking it about forwards and back and side to side. That's it.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Yep...just not good enough.

Our defense is really really poor this season. A problem which isn't getting much mention but it's just basics which we get wrong at the back.

If Mourinho goes for it second half we could get badly beaten here.
Your fullbacks are both utter shit and Chelsea's whole XI is made of wingers and playmakers capable of drifting wide.

GQman2121

Banned
Today's average performance aside, how's Willian been doing for Chelsea? Don't see Chelsea fans here talk much about him.

Not having a standout game here, but working hard and in the mix. He's been very good over the holiday though. I think he's played himself into the starting lineup with Oscar, Ramires and Hazard because he's consistently moving and after the ball.

We look super-vulnerable on the counter-attack and isolated up front without that third man dropping back into midfield. This is going to be a long game.

Fergie

Banned
This team just loses the intensity so quickly it's a bit of a disgrace.

Any bit of pressure, back to Valencia banging in drilled crosses. Including Young taking set-pieces. Nothing has changed.

Yeah, Chelsea have been average at best.

United have been poor in defence though, and the second goal in particular was a gift.

K1LLER7

Really missing RVP and Rooney in this game.
Terrible at the back, wingers cant beat the first man, welbeck ugh.

Adnan the only plus point. Everything positive going through him.

Jones and Young off. Fletcher and Kagawa on.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
The thing that's the most frustrating is that we've not been that bad. It's just that we haven't got a goalscorer on the pitch.

Im not watching but I assume Wellbeck, a man paid to score, a premier league striker for the reigning champions, cannot hit a ball between the posts to save his life.

This team just loses the intensity so quickly it's a bit of a disgrace.

Any bit of pressure, back to Valencia banging in drilled crosses. Including Young taking set-pieces. Nothing has changed.
Look at the second goal.

3 defenders standing still in the box, Eto'o beyond them hungry for a goal.

It's a worrying snapshot.

Edit - Ha, Sal said it better.

Tc91

He's the plus point in every game. Actually sad relying on a 18 year old.

Superman

Yes please. Probably going to be too little too late now though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom