• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT13| Top 15 finish for AC Milan: Sogno Possibile

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are playing badly.

We are creating nothing. Nobody is getting in the box. The midfield isn't pressing nor supporting in attack. The fullbacks are being got in behind. We aren't picking up men in the box.

Yeah we are knocking it about forwards and back and side to side. That's it.

I don't feel like we've really got into gear because we haven't needed to. Quite happy overall with the defending, Januzaj is having to create nearly everything and we're just sitting back and waiting for it to fizz out.
Good chance earlier which Cech saved, but its almost like we're happy for you to use up your energy when we don't feel you'll break through then when it suits get the ball and go forwards. We've not had much in the way of sustained attacking pressure, we go forwards, shoot/lose the ball and thats about it, back to United attacking.

Dat Eto'two, prolific.

Clegg

We are playing badly.

We are creating nothing. Nobody is getting in the box. The midfield isn't pressing nor supporting in attack. The fullbacks are being got in behind. We aren't picking up men in the box.

Yeah we are knocking it about forwards and back and side to side. That's it.
We've created a few chances, more from Januzaj skill than actual tactics, but it's more than I've seen from this team recently. Let's be honest now, we should have at least one goal, but poor finishing has cost us. That's the attacking side. We're a bit of a shambles defensively.

Genuinely don't think Chelsea have been any better than us though.

Hixx

That lass in the Motors advert.

nrXNRt7.gif

pulga

Banned
evilkagawa: Anderson regret no make bigger United impact.
Why he no just jump from stadium roof.....Earth-a-quake! DEEP impact!

I miss you fat bastard.

my sides

why hadnt i followed this before

We've created a few chances, more from Januzaj skill than actual tactics, but it's more than I've seen from this team recently. Let's be honest now, we should have at least one goal, but poor finishing has cost us. That's the attacking side. We're a bit of a shambles defensively.

Genuinely don't think Chelsea have been any better than us though.
One goal from where? Absolutely not. We haven't created a clear chance or made Cech do anything special.

Chelsea haven't had to do much. They are absolutely in control and comfortable. Mourinhos game plan is being executed perfectly.

evilkagawa: Anderson regret no make bigger United impact.
Why he no just jump from stadium roof.....Earth-a-quake! DEEP impact!

I miss you fat bastard.

my sides

why hadnt i followed this before

I love it.

Evil Kagawa ‏@evilkagawa Jan 15

Moyes receive FA charge. Misconduct! I say to Moyes "Is it because you caught pretending be manager? Is it Moyes? Is it?" I so bitchy.

That is my personal favourite because it is so true.

One goal from where? Absolutely not. We haven't created a clear chance or made Cech do anything special.

Chelsea haven't had to do much. They are absolutely in control and comfortable. Mourinhos game plan is being executed perfectly.

I'd count Welbeck's as a clear chance

if it wasn't Welbeck

Clegg

Welbeck should've scored. Sure he was under pressure from Cahill, but a shot straight at Cech from 8 yards out just isn't good enough.

Jarnet87

We suck. Can't defend, cant attack. Januzaj trying to do everything by himself again as the 2 other attacking players look around. Once again our wingers are clueless and useless. It is pathetic how everytime we attack we've got half the numbers of defenders. Don't know if thats because of our clueless players or because Moyes won't commit men forward. Adnan keeps drifting out to the left but where the hell is Young, again it's dinosaur tactics with these Wingers who don't switch or cut in. Young off Kagawa on and Januzaj out wide, he's practically been out there all game anyway lol. I expected a 2-0 chelsea win, looks like it's gonna be a 4 or 5 nil win.

Ashes

Banned
Puts a defender in midfield: conceeds 2 goals.
Puts a winger in the middle behind the striker: most of his good work down the wing.

Fergie

Banned
Really need RVP and Rooney back.

Welbeck is a good lad has his moments, but he just isn't clinical enough.

All these Adnan chances would be great under RVP and Rooney.

Probably just chuck on Chicha about now.

Marc

Only thing that will save this now is if someone knocks the fuck out of Luiz.

If I was Moyes I would be telling Jones and such to sledge the hell out of him, best chance back in the game is that guy getting himself sent off.

It's just depressing that the likes of Valencia and Evra are in this team with no competition, that Jones plays in midfield...and the club have made no effort to bring anyone in.

That really is just staggering to me.

pulga

Banned
I remember before the season started and UnitedGAF were screaming at the top of their lungs about wanting to kick Rooney out, I asked what would happen when RVP inevitably got injured and they'd be stuck with Welbeck upfront

this is what happens

the death of United

It's just depressing that the likes of Valencia and Evra are in this team with no competition, that Jones plays in midfield...and the club have made no effort to bring anyone in.

How often does Jones start at CB?

Is it not getting to the point where his future in CB will be in jeapordy because he's spent too long in this important stage of his career out of that position?

Fintan

You'll surely end up signing at least one player this window, right?

I remember before the season started and UnitedGAF were screaming at the top of their lungs about wanting to kick Rooney out, I asked what would happen when RVP inevitably got injured and they'd be stuck with Welbeck upfront

this is what happens

the death of United

and now they worship a kid that would be a bench warmer in any other top team in the planet.

Clegg

If there's any encouragement for United it's in Januzaj being one of the best players on the pitch.

Just a pisser that the rest of our squad has been poor.

Blackhead

Redarse
When a player gets a clear shot from 10 yards or less without a player within 2 yards of him, something has gone terribly wrong

Oh c'mon. They weren't "standing in the box". They had stepped up after the corner to play offside and the defender hanging back is actually the one who messed up

GQman2121

Banned

I actually thought Tony and Evra did alright out on the wings. Two or three decent crosses from Valencia and Evra is at least trying.

The FBs have clearly been instructed to stay up around the halfway line and go forward when the ball breaks. That early pressure looked like it was working, but I don't know anymore.

You'll surely end up signing at least one player this window, right?
Don't see it.

Nothing that suggests we will anyway. I guess it might happen if there is a deal under wraps or if we are desperate after this - but there isn't any serious link that I can think of. Coentrao maybe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom