• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT13| Top 15 finish for AC Milan: Sogno Possibile

Status
Not open for further replies.

K1LLER7

I hope, but im not convinced, that Moyes can force a CM buy. Mata was capable but clearly not match fit, his vision was there but the execution was not, wonder if he got the assist for Youngs goal?

Think so.

Played some brilliant passes to switch the play. Look forward to seeing how he does with better technical players on the wings. Hopefully Moyes plays them though.

HAHA welcome to 4th place, Arsenal. this almost deserves a poem.

449410_o.gif

Plasma

Banned
Well that was awful, we just didn't turn up for most of the match.

What the players were thinking when we conceded the second goal right after taking the lead I'll never know.

Hopefully Ramsey and Wilshere are back for the next game so the midfield isn't so static, also start Podolski for crying out loud.

WJD

Will happily take that.

Not a great performance but a win at least. Smalling was absolutely brilliant and Mata was tidy.

L1NETT

Really can't envision a reason Shaw shouldn't be going or arguably starting in the World Cup.

One word

Roy

--

Yeesh the turnaround in emotions from some fans here. From elation to despair over one game. You lot must be a mess at Weddings and stuff haha

Facism

Gold Member
I've just finished a 24 hour fast that consisted of 2 gym sessions and a 6-a-side football game.

Celebrated with a kebab. Thanks Arsenal for drawing, shame you couldn't have fixed in for a loss, but win some lose some.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
need a full report on Mata!

Hmm, well there is not huge amounts to report but ill do my best.

Started shakey, first 3 or 4 passes were dispossessed. He found a little form at the end of the half with a great ball to young that could have made it 2-0. Preliminary tactics suggests he was played off RvP but at times ended up in the same position as him, then towards the end of the half he started picking up the ball deeper because our CM's were doing nothing. People were trying to find him with the ball but when he had it no-one moved, forcing him to play crossfield balls into the box to varying degrees of success. Valencia and Young do not move for balls, they stand still, when they get it they dont move with the ball they stand still so its impossible to play off them because they wont bother to make the run. Second half we were just being bossed in midfield so he didnt see the ball. After 2-0 he started pushing forward a bit, had 2 half chances, one on his week foot outside and one in the box which was neat but blocked.

All in all you cant judge him harshly, it was a good, if unspectacular debut, the signs are there that he can make a pass no-one else in our team can make, which is exciting.

Tawpgun

from a liverpool perspective I can't tell if I want the spurs or city to win.

I suppose a draw is the best thing that could happen

Marc

They do give it back to Suarez. Sterling and Henderson do bollock him when he has been too greedy and selected the wrong option.

When? Its damn rare. They are all mild mannered as hell, Suarez may as well be kicking puppies... don't recall him having pop's like that at Carra when he made his umpteenth mistake. And of those, would Rodgers dare to haul off Suarez for well... anything?

Suarez wants the ball every single time, which is fine and is a good trait, but he will have a pop nearly as many times for not getting it if it breaks down. Basically, if it had gone to him, no mistake would of happened in his mind. Again, that is fine if its all equal but if the other players thought the same and acted the same... what happens? Major difference, treated differently as shown time and time again.

Not saying Sturridge was in the right, as he made mistakes sure.

Will happily take that.

Not a great performance but a win at least. Smalling was absolutely brilliant and Mata was tidy.
Was he? I dunno. Smalling has me real concerned these days. His first season was very good, been unconvincing since. Doesn't help he has played RB a lot but his positioning is awful sometimes. Relies on pace a lot.

Plasma

Banned
Really can't envision a reason Shaw shouldn't be going or arguably starting in the World Cup.

Hodgson will pick all the old favourites and the players who were part of the qualifying campaign I'd imagine rather than taking a punt on somebody younger. I agree he should go though Cole hasn't been up to his best for awhile now.

Ozil was great in the second half, and Szczesny, Merte and Koscielny are the reasons we can even come away with a point tbh.

The Arteta-Flamini pivot should never see the light of day ever again. Go Arteta-Cazorla if Ramsey, Jack and Ox are out.

Even if we did lose, it's over now for you. You won't get through February with all those tough games.

You couldn't even beat Southampton.

Because that's how football works.

Barzul

Even if we did lose, it's over now for you. You won't get through February with all those tough games.

You couldn't even beat Southampton.

Why say this? We had the best record in the PL the whole of last year. Arsenal of old could very easily have lost this game and if not for the red card, we could've won. Man City couldn't beat Cardiff away, does that mean they won't get through their away fixtures. The expectation of some Arsenal collapse is utterly ridiculous. You know what a collapse would've been, if we had went on to lose 4-2 because of that red card. What proof do you have that it's over for us? Not our current form that's for sure.

from a liverpool perspective I can't tell if I want the spurs or city to win.

I suppose a draw is the best thing that could happen

Draw>City>Spurs

Not given up on bit of a title challenge ala Chelsea 08/09 just yet, especially with the home games.

Need midfield cover though at the very least.

Kelly done well since coming on

WJD

Was he? I dunno. Smalling has me real concerned these days. His first season was very good, been unconvincing since. Doesn't help he has played RB a lot but his positioning is awful sometimes. Relies on pace a lot.

Yep, thought he was boss tonight. Strong, authoritative and always on the front foot. He's been dodgy this season but not tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom