• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT13| Top 15 finish for AC Milan: Sogno Possibile

Status
Not open for further replies.

Feorax

Agree that Kelly has done well. Still think he should be behind Flani Alves on current form, but it's at least a little bit of depth there.

1Q6.gif

dat line-up

Invalidated by Chk Chk Chk

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Hmm, well there is not huge amounts to report but ill do my best.

Started shakey, first 3 or 4 passes were dispossessed. He found a little form at the end of the half with a great ball to young that could have made it 2-0. Preliminary tactics suggests he was played off RvP but at times ended up in the same position as him, then towards the end of the half he started picking up the ball deeper because our CM's were doing nothing. People were trying to find him with the ball but when he had it no-one moved, forcing him to play crossfield balls into the box to varying degrees of success. Valencia and Young do not move for balls, they stand still, when they get it they dont move with the ball they stand still so its impossible to play off them because they wont bother to make the run. Second half we were just being bossed in midfield so he didnt see the ball. After 2-0 he started pushing forward a bit, had 2 half chances, one on his week foot outside and one in the box which was neat but blocked.

All in all you cant judge him harshly, it was a good, if unspectacular debut, the signs are there that he can make a pass no-one else in our team can make, which is exciting.

He played well. Some very nice touches and always looked to play the attacking pass. Gave the ball away a bit because of that, but that's OK. Don't think he looked completely match fit.

Thanks guys!

especially Cola

pls do, i need some black and white loving and merda need burying
they almost always lose in Torino, last season was a fluke.
3AQmK.gif

pulga

Banned
Game, set, match!

Tidy business, and RMadrid has just set a club record with 8 straight clean sheets!! CARLOTTI YOU GOD

@MisterChiping: RMA 1-0 ESP (FT) - Real Madrid have not conceded a single goal in their last 8 official matches for the first time in 112 years of history.

IS THIS THE REAL LIFE

LTWheels

When? Its damn rare. They are all mild mannered as hell, Suarez may as well be kicking puppies... don't recall him having pop's like that at Carra when he made his umpteenth mistake. And of those, would Rodgers dare to haul off Suarez for well... anything?

Suarez wants the ball every single time, which is fine and is a good trait, but he will have a pop nearly as many times for not getting it if it breaks down. Basically, if it had gone to him, no mistake would of happened in his mind. Again, that is fine if its all equal but if the other players thought the same and acted the same... what happens? Major difference, treated differently as shown time and time again.

Not saying Sturridge was in the right, as he made mistakes sure.

Henderson bollocks everyone. He's really come on and is loud on the pitch. The rest of the team is quite quiet, but not Sterling and Henderson. Nowadays when Rodger's want to call over a player to give new instructions, he doesn't call over Gerrard, he calls over Henderson.

Barzul

Somehow this City team will win all their games between now and the end of the season? OK

FYI they also drew at Southampton.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
The Arsenal flop today means City will be extra motivated tomorrow, I just hope we make them work for it. Being beaten by quality I can accept but we basically let them win at the Etihad.

We have a chance but we still have too many of our best players injured, I can't see us stopping them scoring.

TeegsD

Sporting want to boycot the league?! Yes, please. According to E Bola, we are threatening to only play our reserves and youth next season.

Please Based Bruno, make this league weep

CLEAN SHEET

2 IN A ROW

I'd have taken that at the start I think, FSG should be asking Rodgers why it was less than 6-0 though. Sturridge should be fined for the penalty, one-on-one fuckup and dissent when subbed. Its not on.

Splatt

Game, set, match!

Tidy business, and RMadrid has just set a club record with 8 straight clean sheets!! CARLOTTI YOU GOD

@MisterChiping: RMA 1-0 ESP (FT) - Real Madrid have not conceded a single goal in their last 8 official matches for the first time in 112 years of history.

IS THIS THE REAL LIFE

Karlo putting the K in katanaccio.

LTWheels

Agree that Kelly has done well. Still think he should be behind Flani Alves on current form, but it's at least a little bit of depth there.

Put Flan on left, Kelly right. Kelly looks like he has been improving.

Think Coutinho was my motm. Like him playing deeper.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Well, Mata officially got the assists

Great Debut

Ashes

Banned
Why'd we need to be so defensive against Cardiff at Old Trafford? Played well within our selves.

+ points
Smalling had another decent game. #dat clean sheet.
Van percy + Goal scoring winger in Ashely Young. # dat two goals scored.
Rooney/Januzaj/Kagawa/Hernández/Fletcher/Cleverly/Lindegard #dat bench.

Giggs+Jones got dominated by a poor Cardiff side at times #dat central midfield.
Valencia doesn't really cross any more, does he? #los wingers.
No pressing; lack of creativity; poor form; dull #dat moyes.

pappe

Wayne Veysey ‏@wayneveysey 17s
Some bad news for Arsenal. Told Ramsey has been ruled out for 4-6 weeks with a tendon problem.

FREE FALL!FREE FALL!FREE FALL!FREE FALL!FREE FALL!FREE FALL!FREE FALL!FREE FALL!FREE FALL!FREE FALL!FREE FALL!FREE FALL!FREE FALL!

Barzul

free fall
noun
downward movement under the force of gravity only.

Now what?

No - because there are teams who will be stronger than you in the stretch and you need to be ahead of the game because your team lacks depth and has a history for bottling it.

So a draw away is considered freefalling now?

pulga

Banned
@SocialRMadrid: Real Madrid are now unbeaten in their last 20 games, equalling Mourinho's record with RM (11/12 season). #HalaMadrid

Carlo_Ancelotti_in_Moscow.jpg

IM SORRY I EVER CALLED YOU A SPAGHETTI SLURPING FUCKTARD

Superman

Pleased we got the win... Underperformed for sure. Mata looked lively... RVP back in the goals. Could of been worse!

Is MOTD on tonight?

Meier

City is supposed to be shitty in away games right? Spurs pls

Nowhere near as good as at home, but have only dropped 2 points since the Sunderland game on 11/10 (a draw to Soton). I do think Spurs will be very difficult though and expect Adebayor to give us a lot of trouble.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom