• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT13| Top 15 finish for AC Milan: Sogno Possibile

Status
Not open for further replies.

tri_willy

gid_selection_05.gif

hahahaha oh shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

got friggin banned for using a term to describe fat ronnie

phaze

Brilliant thanks! I had literally tried googling any major PL manager I could recall apart from Rafa (I remembered the guy looking cool in the gif for some reason, guess my memory failed me once again)

No problem. First result for Benitez in animated images. ;P

Thanks. Kinda, preparing for the NFL offseason by looking for another degenerate community hooked on sports. *looks at Stoke fans pix* BINGO!

I grew up in Bavaria but never liked Bayern. Appreciate the whole not spending more than earning thing, but thanks but no thanks. Mia san mia can go eat a bag of dicks. Marvelled at late 80s early 90s Eintracht with Bein, Okocha and Yeboa but grew up Widzew fan as a kid :'''(. I seem to pick only teams that do miserably most of the time.

Welcome ! Wait, Widzew as in Widzew Łodz ? Welcome even more !

I genuinely don't understand why Taarabt has been given this chance

I dont understand why we went after him considering what he said about Milan. That's disrespectful. In the end he didn't end up playing for Real or Barcelona, but that doesn't mean that his words shouldn't be considered.

Also, I would've hoped to see more of Saponara now that we have Seedorf and a new way to play upfront, Taarabt (and maybe even Biabiany) could force him to see our games from the stands.

Ramos + Ji are a decent Lewa replacement. If you can get Pizarro or Mandzukic in the summer, it would be great obviously.

Surely Klopp realized he has to rotate more to avoid so many injuries, players who are tired to dead are more prone to get injuries. And that's what happened to Dortmund, the pressing game and counter attacking tactics are very body demanding and having a thin squad only makes it all worse.

Ji can play as striker and also has midfielder, sounds like a player Klopp would want to use as ST. Obviously without Lewa, the tactics will have to change.

edit: is Kehl expected to get an extension?

Ramos + Ji are just not a decent replacement, would be a huge downgrade. Ramos is a decent Bundesliga player, nothing more, and Ji? Who knows, could end well or not.

See, that more rotating part has been said before every season since 11/12 and it doesn't happen. Because Klopp won't rotate if he feels that player A is significantly better than player B. Reus won't get a rest in favor of Ji, just like Reus hasn't gotten a rest in favor of Hofmann.

About Kehl, not sure yet. We want him to stay for another year but he's considering going to the US or something similiar.

Elchele

Ramos + Ji are just not a decent replacement, would be a huge downgrade. Ramos is a decent Bundesliga player, nothing more, and Ji? Who knows, could end well or not.

See, that more rotating part has been said before every season since 11/12 and it doesn't happen. Because Klopp won't rotate if he feels that player A is significantly better than player B. Reus won't get a rest in favor of Ji, just like Reus hasn't gotten a rest in favor of Hofmann.

About Kehl, not sure yet. We want him to stay for another year but he's considering going to the US or something similiar.

Well, Lewa was a nobody when he joined Dortmund. I think the best way to move for Dortmund is to keep the great scouting and signing cheap talent, instead of going for big targets like they did with Mihky.

Lewa is one of the best strikers in the world, pretty much anyone would be a downgrade. The best way to replace him is to bring various options

Klopp is still a young coach, he'll learn that he can't play the same XI during the whole season, specially if you're playing in CL too.

Well, Lewa was a nobody when he joined Dortmund. I think the best way to move for Dortmund is to keep the great scouting and signing cheap talent, instead of going for big targets like they did with Mihky.

Lewa is one of the best strikers in the world, pretty much anyone would be a downgrade. The best way to replace him is to bring various options

Klopp is still a young coach, he'll learn that he can't play the same XI during the whole season, specially if you're playing in CL too.

But Lewy needed around 18 months to finally get going, we simply don't have that time if we want to stay competitive.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso

Bayern fan pls

This is like shooting someone in the face and then giving them advice/tips on how to survive

YOU DID THIS TO HIM

It's patronising :lol

Elchele

Bayern fan pls

This is like shooting someone in the face and then giving them advice/tips on how to survive

It's patronising :lol

Nothing wrong about it, is not like Lewa was staying if Bayern wasn't interested.

I have said multiple times that I enjoy Klopp's Dortmund more than Pep's Bayern. So I do want them to keep going

Yurt, you're starting to sound like pulga. pls don't.

Meier

Nice trolling by BT Sport trying to claim Dawson was here when the ball was kicked.

jZ4qk165JJNQ2.jpg

Here is where he REALLY is (and it hasn't even left his foot yet).

iDymYqy9R0CEH.png

wedward

Fake account nvm.

:(

GeoffArsenal ‏@GeoffArsenal 3m
I think we can forget about Draxler for now in my opinion. I hope i'm wrong and they can pull it off. It doesn't look good. Disappointed.

Its all over :(

Meier

Meier

You won 5-1

What are you doing baby

Sick of Man City bought the refs crap. People will continue to bring it up -- they need to be informed that they were wrong and that the correct decisions were made NOW to nip any bitching in the bud.

Fergie

Banned
Fake account nvm.

:(

GeoffArsenal ‏@GeoffArsenal 3m
I think we can forget about Draxler for now in my opinion. I hope i'm wrong and they can pull it off. It doesn't look good. Disappointed.

Its all over :(
Premature my dear Wedward.

200+followers for a supposed official BBC sports account was a bit sketchy.

Also has that verified tick in the background.

I'm surprised Wenger is penny pinching when's he's so close to a trophy.

Elchele

Luis Suárez's grandmother is asking the government to help her with a house because she lives in very bad conditions currently, she can not longer work.

pls.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Sick of Man City bought the refs crap. People will continue to bring it up -- they need to be informed that they were wrong and that the correct decisions were made NOW to nip any bitching in the bud.

The correct decision was made on the goal as Adebayor interfered from an offside position. Dawson was onside.

The red card was a joke and there is no point in trying to claim otherwise. Rose made a perfect last ditch challenge, him brushing Dzeko before getting a strong foot to the ball is meaningless. We're appealing and the ban should really be overturned.

Sane_Man

A couple of Twitter rumours saying we're going for Rômulo as well as Konoplyanka tomorrow. If not complete bollocks it seems a strange one to me on paper. He's been out for 18 months with a knee injury, undergoing 2 operations, and he only returned to action last week. Huge gamble but one that could pay off big time if he plays as well as he did prior to injury.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom