• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT13| Top 15 finish for AC Milan: Sogno Possibile

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meier

bad angle on the second pic. it doesn't even have a yellow line

Don't need an angle to see that Dawson is past Toure as opposed to well behind him as in the image from BT Sport. The offside was called on Adebayor anyway, but it's funny that BT so blatantly lied.

The correct decision was made on the goal as Adebayor interfered from an offside position. Dawson was onside.

The red card was a joke and there is no point in trying to claim otherwise. Rose made a perfect last ditch challenge, him brushing Dzeko before getting a strong foot to the ball is meaningless. We're appealing and the ban should really be overturned.

Just can't agree. You can see that he's clipped him and used Dzeko's arm as leverage (also a foul in and of itself) prior to getting a touch. Feel free to watch any number of replays as they all show the same thing.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Just can't agree. You can see that he's clipped him and used Dzeko's arm as leverage (also a foul in and of itself) prior to getting a touch. Feel free to watch any number of replays as they all show the same thing.

YH3wWHQ_zps7b0a9a4a.gif

Do you think our appeal will be unsuccessful?

Don't need an angle to see that Dawson is past Toure as opposed to well behind him as in the image from BT Sport.

Zabaleta's foot is playing everybody except Adebayor onside.

Meier

Mate you're going to go full doicare at this rate

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BfLdMVBCYAA8Oed.jpg:large[IMG][/QUOTE]

That is far more conclusive and looks to align well with when he's actually connected. The image above is the one that made the rounds on Twitter and that the Daily Mail used as "proof" that Dawson was on. This one proves Dawson is onside, I have no problem in admitting that. Obviously the call was on Adebayor so it's irrelevant, but fair play to Dawson.

But Rose did 100% foul Dzeko prior to getting a touch.

operon

That is far more conclusive and looks to align well with when he's actually connected. The image above is the one that made the rounds on Twitter and that the Daily Mail used as "proof" that Dawson was on. This one proves Dawson is onside, I have no problem in admitting that. Obviously the call was on Adebayor so it's irrelevant, but fair play to Dawson.

Meier let it go. BT said that the linesman called offside for Dawson.

That's fine, but I don't know why you saying BT Sport lied because of a poor Daily Mail screengrab.

Let's drop this "100%" "end of story" stuff please. There's plenty of people that disagree. Two former referees said it wasn't a foul. The ref himself obviously didn't think it was a foul until the linesman flagged. You think the contact in that situation was a foul. Some people agree with you, some don't.

Meier

That's fine, but I don't know why you saying BT Sport lied because of a poor Daily Mail screengrab.

Let's drop this "100%" "end of story" stuff please. There's plenty of people that disagree. Two former referees said it wasn't a foul. The ref himself obviously didn't think it was a foul until the linesman flagged. You think the contact in that situation was a foul. Some people agree with you, some don't.

It's not really open to interpretation though. There are legitimately two very clear fouls before he touches the ball. Those two former refs are wrong. But whatever, I'll drop it.

bjaelke

Chelsea Football Club appear to be involved in the funding of "third-party ownership" of players outside the Premier League, contrary to the Premier League's and Uefa's strong official condemnation of the practice. Company documents in the UK, Jersey and Ireland strongly suggest that Chelsea are working in partnership with José Mourinho's Portuguese agent Jorge Mendes, and the US company Creative Arts Agency, who buy "economic rights participation agreements" in footballers playing for other clubs outside the Premier League.
http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/jan/30/chelsea-links-third-party-ownership?CMP=twt_gu

It's not really open to interpretation though. There are legitimately two very clear fouls before he touches the ball. Those two former refs are wrong. But whatever, I'll drop it.

I know what's really troubling you. I'll calm your fears: USA will destroy Cristina and the Scoody Doo gang. DON'T WORRY MEIER.

Seems weird that Newcastle didn't check when Grenier would want to join them before they made an offer, although that's not how you're supposed to do things.

you got this in the bag

I got the same odds on Valenica as well just in case.

Occulus rift fund is growing

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
okay so now we have SIX strikers for two competitions, lol.

Tevez, Llion and Juvinco are guaranteed to stay. It's going to be either Mirko or Quag the Passless.

WJD

Slight betting tip here... Balague's saying that Racing Santander are gonna turn up and not contest the ball against Sociedad due to wages not being paid. Got a tenner on Sociedad to win the first half but those with bigger balls than me might want to dream a little bigger.

Mastadon

Banned
Greg Stobart ‏@gstobart 10 mins
Liverpool expected to beat Tottenham to Konoplyanka. Sounds like they're putting more money on the table and want him more.

bjaelke

Slight betting tip here... Balague's saying that Racing Santander are gonna turn up and not contest the ball against Sociedad due to wages not being paid. Got a tenner on Sociedad to win the first half but those with bigger balls than me might want to dream a little bigger.

Watching it here. Very exciting...well sorta.

Betting suspended on William Hill by the looks of things

Does TAW ever interview players on the podcast?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom