• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT13| Top 15 finish for AC Milan: Sogno Possibile

Status
Not open for further replies.

Randdalf

Deadline day is worth it just for a glimpse at the Stoke fans each year.

just_another_day_in_stoke.png

Zabojnik

True.

But I like change and this is BORING

Edit1: And speaking of changes, Mirko is a shit super sub. So he's basically here for rotation.

Edit 2: And knowing Conte, he won't even rotate his XI.

So why is he here again?

For DIRETTA DIMMI TUTTO DIRETTAAAAAAAA, why else?

Guardado to Leverkusen is official :O

For a second there I read that as Cuadrado. I know we'll never sign him for ... reasons, but it will still hurt when he'll go elsewhere.

Fergie

Banned
Hmm, no real discussion a bout us in the papers, sad times

Come on Saturday, cant wait for another dose of Mata
I know :(. Just a decent LB and CM would go long way in fixing up our general weakness. RVP, Rooney and Mata are just going to cover the cracks for now.

Lol fuck off. One customary banger every 3-6 matches the cunt.
Hernanes don't cry. :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npASETLRyRI

Inter don't deserve him. United pls. Anyone pls.
Does Moyes even know who he is. :(

Carbonox

Ashley Young's song is the original Pokemon theme tune. His life even matches that of Ash. Wanna be rockstar in his field but absolutely shit at doing anything significant in it.

wedward

Last night on Twitter a few people were talking and what they said made some sense. Obviously something is going on with Draxler and Arsenal. Whether it's as big a deal as the media is making, I'm not sure, but something is happening. What if Schalke keep saying nothing is happening because it makes them look better? If we end up signing Draxler, then whatever. It happened and they'll have lots of money. If it doesn't happen, even if we were in talks for him, Schalke kept denying this, so it makes them look good and that they had resolve to keep Arsenal away from him. What I'm saying is it's in Schalke's favor to deny the transfer talk. Of course this is all just conjecture and could be complete bullshit, but it makes sense.

Well, which one is it?

Kyoufu

"An Independent Regulatory Commission heard two claims of wrongful dismissal today both in relation to the Norwich City versus Newcastle United game on Tuesday [28 January 2014].

The claim involving Norwich’s Bradley Johnson was upheld meaning his three-match suspension is withdrawn.

The claim involving Newcastle’s Loic Remy was dismissed therefore his three-match suspension remains with immediate effect.

Both players had been dismissed for violent conduct."

lolololol

The FA are a bunch of Mackems.

Rumors that we're going to sign Adrian Ramos are not dying down. I must admit I'm kinda worried where we are going with our squad in summer.

Out:
Lewandowski
Gündogan (?)
Schieber (?)

In:
Jojic
Ji
Ramos
Proper striker (pls?)
Gündogan replacement (?)

Now you could say we're building a bigger squad but when you consider how Klopp chooses his starting XI, I don't see the point? He only rotates players when a player is dead or when they are equally good (Kuba - Aubameyang, Kehl - Bender, Sahin - Gündogan or Subotic/Hummels - Sokratis for example). I'm not saying those players joining us are shit, but Klopp just won't bench Reus for Ji, Sahin/Micky for Jojic and a proper striker for Ramos in 95% of the matches. I kinda feel like we are bloating our squad with players we don't need while hoping that at least one of them becomes an amazing player in a year or two.

So, Vucinic blocking our whole transfer market by refusing any destination outside of Italy?:/ Whatever, can't wait for this month to be finally over.

On an unrelated note, does any of you guys have a link to that gif where some manager makes his name appear on the screen by moving his hand sideways? I just can't find it and I've been looking for it forever
five minutes

phaze

So, Vucinic blocking our whole transfer market by refusing any destination outside of Italy?:/ Whatever, can't wait for this month to be finally over.

On an unrelated note, does any of you guys have a link to that gif where some manager makes his name appear on the screen by moving his hand sideways? I just can't find it and I've been looking for it forever
five minutes

rafael-benitez-the-magician-o.gif

Wrayfield

:lol welcome!

Are you a lurker?

Thanks. Kinda, preparing for the NFL offseason by looking for another degenerate community hooked on sports. *looks at Stoke fans pix* BINGO!

Please excuse our racist members they mean not what they say. He does support Bayern though, hate him for that.

I grew up in Bavaria but never liked Bayern. Appreciate the whole not spending more than earning thing, but thanks but no thanks. Mia san mia can go eat a bag of dicks. Marvelled at late 80s early 90s Eintracht with Bein, Okocha and Yeboa but grew up Widzew fan as a kid :'''(. I seem to pick only teams that do miserably most of the time.

Elchele

Rumors that we're going to sign Adrian Ramos are not dying down. I must admit I'm kinda worried where we are going with our squad in summer.

Out:
Lewandowski
Gündogan (?)
Schieber (?)

In:
Jojic
Ji
Ramos
Proper striker (pls?)
Gündogan replacement (?)

Now you could say we're building a bigger squad but when you consider how Klopp chooses his starting XI, I don't see the point? He only rotates players when a player is dead or when they are equally good (Kuba - Aubameyang, Kehl - Bender, Sahin - Gündogan or Subotic/Hummels - Sokratis for example). I'm not saying those players joining us are shit, but Klopp just won't bench Reus for Ji, Sahin/Micky for Jojic and a proper striker for Ramos in 95% of the matches. I kinda feel like we are bloating our squad with players we don't need while hoping that at least one of them becomes an amazing player in a year or two.

Ramos + Ji are a decent Lewa replacement. If you can get Pizarro or Mandzukic in the summer, it would be great obviously.

Surely Klopp realized he has to rotate more to avoid so many injuries, players who are tired to dead are more prone to get injuries. And that's what happened to Dortmund, the pressing game and counter attacking tactics are very body demanding and having a thin squad only makes it all worse.

Ji can play as striker and also has midfielder, sounds like a player Klopp would want to use as ST. Obviously without Lewa, the tactics will have to change.

edit: is Kehl expected to get an extension?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom