• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT13| Top 15 finish for AC Milan: Sogno Possibile

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carbonox

I respect Grenier's decision to stay at Lyon until the end of the season at least. Makes sense if he wants to get in to the France squad as the transition in to the Premier League could make or break that opportunity.

The downside is that this pretty much rules out us signing anyone to replace Cabaye. Club's hierarchy needs shooting or the dogs set on them. I hear North Korea are experts on that - where's Dennis Rodman when you need him...

Baki

David Ornstein ‏@bbcsport_david 3m
Arsenal not signing Draxler. Was interest but AW unwilling to meet #Schalke asking price. Only #afc deal may be a loan arrival #bbcfootball

Oh well, I hope we go back in the summer.

I'm with Arsene. £37m is fucking ridiculous for an unknown quantity. Schalke can go fuck themselves.

Milch knows what's up.

Julian Green looks much more promising than fucking Draxler.

Hahaha

I was aiming for a comparison with Kraft, a decent player but not good enough for Bayern and way too overhyped by Bayern fans. But I just saw that Green's stats are actually quite good :lol

Slizz

Kenka is awesome, he should get to make one if he wants to.

dc can be late with his OT

Lmao, he already is. He wanted a thread, wasn't around to make it when it was needed so someone else did. They he started in here hyping up a thread for Summer 2013.... and well....

I'm with Arsene. £37m is fucking ridiculous for an unknown quantity. Schalke can go fuck themselves.

Well, Schlacke can always go fuck themselves but your post is still hilarious. Oh no, what are they thinking? Requesting a ridiculous fee for a player which they don't want to sell? How can they when Arsenal is asking to buy?

Baki

Well, Schlacke can always go fuck themselves but your post is still hilarious. Oh no, what are they thinking? Requesting a ridiculous fee for a player which they don't want to sell? How can they when Arsenal is asking to buy?

Please, Schalke is like your club. A selling club. Their entire business is nurturing young players so then they can sell them. Don't let your CL fluke forget that.

Barzul

Imo Draxler will become a world beater, but paying 37m for him, not sure. That's what City paid for Aguero. Is Draxler Aguero good? Not right now he isn't. Hope we can bring in a striker on loan, that's what we really need right now.

Slizz

For reallll man, the club that wants him should set the price tag.

Imo Draxler will become a world beater, but paying 37m for him, not sure. That's what City paid for Aguero. Is Draxler Aguero good? Not right now he isn't. Hope we can bring in a striker on loan, that's what we really need right now.

Lmao. World beater but not worth 37m. I don't get it.

Elchele

Please, Schalke is like your club. A selling club. Their entire business is nurturing young players so then they can sell them. Don't let your CL fluke forget that.

And Arsenal isn't? :lol
Most clubs do this, I don't see what's the problem. Unless you are a huge brand like RM, Barcelona, Bayern or Manchester United, or you have an oil king, you have to sell your players at some point.

You get money out of it, and it opens up a position for a new youth player.

I'm kinda surprised Konoplyanka has got a big move before Yarmolenko. Have there been significant bids from Russian teams for him before?

No, plenty of interest but nobody was willing to pay Dnipro's asking price for Kono.

Zenit supposedly bid 25-30 million for Yarmolenko in the summer but it was rejected.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
What ? Why ?

I mean, not that I disagree with us getting more monies, but still.

No idea.
3AQmK.gif
But who cares indeed!
3AQmK.gif

omgkitty

With the amount of people here who are just so quick to call players shit, it makes me wish GAF had existed back in the 90's so I could go back and see such dumb shit such as "Oh man why are Arsenal signing Bergkamp? He's fucking shit!" or "LOL Thierry Henry is terrible"

Fergie

Banned
Yep. Not expecting anything, not even another player out. I suppose we could hear of a surprise bid like at the end of the Summer window.
I hope so, the midfield is a huge oversight that needs to be fixed, ain't no Ferguson to work the magic.

But I think Carrick when on form (hopefully he will) and Fellaini given time after his bad start should be enough for a top 4 spot. Helps that our attack has been bolstered further and RVP is on a scoring start.

I'm a bit optimistic now, just hope no further key injuries occur.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
@Linius+Meier+Carbonox: Send me some of your glorious red hair. I want to make a wig and rock an Axl this month.

I'll end up looking like Stan Sitwell innit. I suppose I can hide my eyebrows.

Plasma

Banned
Not getting Draxler now isn't that bad, I'm more annoyed that we don't even look close to bringing in a striker when we've desperately needed somebody ever since we let RVP go.

Barzul

I read properly. So he'll be cheaper when hes world beater level? Nice.

If Arse gets him for cheaper it'll be because he isn't a world beater....

We could get him cheaper in the summer, more chances for Schalke to replace him, he could get them the CL qualification they really want makes it easier to let him go. A whole host of other factors. There's also the chance Man City or PSG pay his BOC and offer him a gazillion a week in wages.

We could get him cheaper in the summer, more chances for Schalke to replace him, he could get them the CL qualification they really want makes it easier to let him go. A whole host of other factors. There's also the chance Man City or PSG pay his BOC and offer him a gazillion a week in wages.

Nope

Jarnet87

I hope so, the midfield is a huge oversight that needs to be fixed, ain't no Ferguson to work the magic.

But I think Carrick when on form (hopefully he will) and Fellaini given time after his bad start should be enough for a top 4 spot. Helps that our attack has been bolstered further and RVP is on a scoring start.

I'm a bit optimistic now, just hope no further key injuries occur.

On Paper RVP and Rooney being back helps, but we weren't playing well when they were healthy. It's the same story, midfielder overrun, wingers are shit, Rooney racking up stats but not really helping create the link between midfield and attack. We've had games this season where RVP started and he got maybe 1 or 2 chances at a goal if he didnt create it himself.

Linius

I reckon we don't have any Greek footy Gaffers or people with any interest for their league at all? Our boy Hoesen is going to PAOK on loan. Take good care of him Greece.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom