• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT13| Top 15 finish for AC Milan: Sogno Possibile

Status
Not open for further replies.

pappe

I dont understand how Draxlers price tag is gonna increase after the world cup when he is behind Reus, Kroos, Ozil, Gotze and Podolski

He will be lucky to play more than 180 minutes.

Yen

Gerry Adams is on twitter.

The mind boggles.

He's been on it for a while. It's certainly a bizarre account, I think he's taking a leaf out of Boris Johnson's book (except he ordered the killings of people/killed them himself, rather than simply being a posh oaf). I remember seeing this on twitter when he first joined:
BDUP_JfCUAErOSB.jpg

wedward

So... There is no point, I thought it would be to prove his point of better players who had proven their quality which he was arguing, being sold for around that amount, not just some random transfers. But sure, lets go ahead and put random transfers in the price range, good fun.

Hazard was more of a sure thing. He scored 22 goals in his final season. Draxler hasn't even got close to that

So signing for the same fee in summer is the plan?

That's 6 months away. It's possible by then they might think its worth it. Or they still wont think it's worth it. I don't know.

I dont understand how Draxlers price tag is gonna increase after the world cup when he is behind Reus, Kroos, Ozil, Gotze and Podolski

Also this.

But it won't drop, either. Look at the players we have in his position, nobody expects him to play. Just like, don't know, Mata's price didn't drop when he didn't play much in 2010.

Slizz

Hazard was more of a sure thing. He scored 22 goals in his final season. Draxler hasn't even got close to that

That's 6 months away. It's possible by then they might think its worth it. Or they still wont think it's worth it. I don't know.

Also this.

Lol ok so did you forget what the disagreement was about? Barzul claiming 37 is too high for a potential world beater. His contract goes till 2018. Getting him in summer for 37 is now fine?

Barzul

Or maybe he's just kind of reasonable when it comes to signing for a new club. Look at him this season, he struggled when everyone expected him to carry the whole team. A move to any club outside of Germany would have simply been an awful decision (too early) that could have ruined his whole career.

But wouldn't there be less pressure at Chelsea I'd assume? Better overall players so wouldn't have to carry the team. Look at players like Willian for example, big transfer fee but not an unbearable amount of pressure and it's not like there's a lack of German players playing in London. I think we would have excelled at Chelsea if he went there. I could however be wrong.

King_Moc

Banned
He's been on it for a while. It's certainly a bizarre account, I think he's taking a leaf out of Boris Johnson's book (except he ordered the killings of people/killed them himself, rather than simply being a posh oaf). I remember seeing this on twitter when he first joined:

Don't fall into Boris' trap. He's relying on this to hide all the evil for when he tries to become PM. The man is abhorrent.

Also, another basic point Arsenal fans here are not getting is this:
- the contract runs until 2018
- Schlacke doesn't want to sell now
- thus, the release clause is above his current value and much rather aimed at his 2016/2017 value
- so that it's easy for them to tell cheap-ass clubs like Arsenal to fuck off with their low bids

Slizz

- thus, the release clause is above his current value and much rather aimed at his 2016/2017 value
- so that it's easy for them to tell cheap-ass clubs like Arsenal to fuck off with their low bids
Somehow all this does not apply all of a sudden.

wedward

Lol ok so did you forget what the disagreement was about? Barzul claiming 37 is too high for a potential world beater. His contract goes till 2018. Getting him in summer for 37 is now fine?

At this moment when we have more pressing needs, yes 37 is too high. Especially when he has been hurt.

And apparently the RC isn't active until summer so we don't actually know what Schalke were asking for.

Meier

They have a new album? NICE

Yep! I did the Pledge Music crowdfunding of it and they released the download on the 27th. I was kind of annoyed because I think it was available in shops or at least on iTunes starting on the 20th. Not on any streaming site in the US yet.. no clue if it is in Europe or not.

Danchi

So signing for the same fee in summer is the plan?

Plenty of reports say the £37m buy-out clause doesn't kick in until the Summer. Even if Arsenal agreed to pay that now, this way Schalke can strengthen their CL push and get the same fee later on.

So if Arsenal want to buy him now they would need to offer more than the £37m, in theory.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso

jOiFB.gif

kharma45

he's a fucking bird man on it.

i remember one time he put on a picture of his flower bed and someone asked them is that were he buried his victims or something to that effect

But wouldn't there be less pressure at Chelsea I'd assume? Better overall players so wouldn't have to carry the team. Look at players like Willian for example, big transfer fee but not an unbearable amount of pressure and it's not like there's a lack of German players playing in London. I think we would have excelled at Chelsea if he went there. I could however be wrong.

Maybe, maybe not, impossible to tell. I'd lean towards the move being a good 2-3 years too early, though.

Yen

Don't fall into Boris' trap. He's relying on this to hide all the evil for when he tries to become PM. The man is abhorrent.
That's what I meant. Boris does this goofy, comical act to hide his insidious beliefs, GA does a goofy, comical act in the hope people are desensitised to the fact he was a killer.
I still get uneasy when I see Adams on TV. Everyone knows he's a murderer and it's in the back of your mind whenever you see him but you just have to act like nothing in out of the ordinary.
For a split second I could be amused by his bizarre twitterings then that same realisation hits me.

Clegg

I still get uneasy when I see Adams on TV. Everyone knows he's a murderer and it's in the back of your mind whenever you see him but you just have to act like nothing in out of the ordinary.

kharma45

That's why I 'like' Martin McGuinness more out of the two. At least he is honest about his IRA past.

Milch, would you be interested in a friendly avatar bet on the result of our CL encounter?

Loser wears an avatar of the winner's choosing until the winner's team is eliminated from the CL.

Slizz

Plenty of reports say the £37m buy-out clause doesn't kick in until the Summer. Even if Arsenal agreed to pay that now, this way Schalke can strengthen their CL push and get the same fee later on.

So if Arsenal want to buy him now they would need to offer more than the £37m, in theory.

So what you're saying is he isn't going for cheaper than 37? Thanks for clearing that mess up.

Linius

I just watched our comeback compilation for the 2010/2011 season. Always put a smile on my face. Hopefully the compilation for this season won't be about comebacks, we need to stay on top till the end of the season.

Bacon, do your job tomorrow. Please.

Milch, would you be interested in a friendly avatar bet on the result of our CL encounter?

Loser wears an avatar of the winner's choosing until the winner's team is eliminated from the CL.

Sure, but you must consider that I can always change my avatar to Ballack. ALWAYS

Hahahahahahahaha

:(

pappe

In that case Schalke are probably aski g for more than 37m because they know They are gonna get a minimum of 37 in 6 months so they have no reason to accept less than that now and are hoping Arsenal are desperate enough to pay more than that now.

Danchi

So what you're saying is he isn't going for cheaper than 37? Thanks for clearing that mess up.

I mean, I'm not saying anything for definite. I'm certainly not "ITK." When you see the English media (y'know, the places Arsenal fans are likely to read) saying that the deal is on now and the German media saying that, at best, there might be some kind of tentative agreement for a deal in the Summer, it seems kind of obvious what's going on.

I do think there's definitely genuine interest though. We were linked with Gotze and Hazard for years, but it was never like this.

jtb

Banned
honestly, if we don't buy Draxler, it's not like we will be buying anyone else—so why should I care if we're paying for potential and his release clause doesn't accurately reflect his current value? we should pay the release clause and we should do it now, rather than wait for other clubs to take him in the summer.

I think it's obvious that if you pay the money, you're buying both the potential and the right to be the only bidder for his signature (since, let's face it, if other clubs come in during the summer, he will go to them).

if his release clause only activates in the summer, then Draxler isn't coming to Arsenal. it's that simple.

Slizz

I mean, I'm not saying anything for definite. I'm certainly not "ITK." When you see the English media (y'know, the places Arsenal fans are likely to read) saying that the deal is on now and the German media saying that, at best, there might be some kind of tentative agreement for a deal in the Summer, it seems kind of obvious what's going on.

Lol, it was more of you proving my point without you even knowing.

Hopefully others will, I see jtb has.

Barzul

You were making a compelling point till you decided to call us cheap-ass. Just because we aren't bankrolled by billionaires, doesn't mean we are cheap. Just means we spend within our means, even then we were able to 40m pounds on one player.

Feorax

@TonyBarretTimes: Liverpool still in talks with Dnipro for Konoplyanka but no breakthrough yet. Looks set to go down to the wire.

Ugh, we're going to be the stars of that fucking circus tomorrow aren't we?

Barzul

honestly, if we don't buy Draxler, it's not like we will be buying anyone else—so why should I care if we're paying for potential and his release clause doesn't accurately reflect his current value? we should pay the release clause and we should do it now, rather than wait for other clubs to take him in the summer.

I think it's obvious that if you pay the money, you're buying both the potential and the right to be the only bidder for his signature (since, let's face it, if other clubs come in during the summer, he will go to them).

if his release clause only activates in the summer, then Draxler isn't coming to Arsenal. it's that simple.

I think it comes down to Wenger would rather spend 37m+ on an established WC striker in the summer than a project to convert a LW to striker. We don't have the financial ability to make costly mistakes in the transfer market like some other clubs.

Wilbur

Banned
I do find it bizarre Arsenal would be willing to spend only 40m plus a quid on Suarez, but there's a chance they'll spend 37m on Draxler. That's why I don't see it happening.

Yeah that's true, I haven't taken into account any youth, but we'd need to implement them into the squad anyway. KidA isn't too keen on Lingard either is he :lol. He's got an eye for goal, quite a direct player, I like him well enough.

Henriquez is a good shout, and we've got Larnell around who I'm quite fond of (plus Powell to come back who's versatile).

Henriquez only has 5 goals in 15 games in the Spanish 2nd division. He's only played 10 minutes in Zaragoza's last two games. I think he needs another loan next season before playing for United for the benefit of United and him. How can he develop if he doesn't get playing time?

I've always said that Lingard can become a United squad player, but nothing more than that. I mostly say that because a lot of United fans elsewhere always hype him up. They don't realize how hard it is to be a regular first team member for United and that almost every youngster will fail at making it at United. The only shit player that has managed to sneak his way into the first XI is Cleverley.

Lingard has improved his finishing, but other parts of his game are good, but never outstanding. He's like the Welbeck of wingers. He'll link up play, has good technique, has good decision making, has good pace, etc... The problem is that not one of those qualities are top class. He doesn't have Lennon pace. He doesn't have technique like Nani. He doesn't have passing abilities like Adnan. His dribbling isn't like Giggs, and so on.

Like I said, I didn't account for implementing youth; I guess I just meant we need 8/9 more first team squad members, regardless of where they come from. Henriquez and Powell are good shouts for a back up striker, but Rooney and RVP are getting on (and potentially not hanging around), I don't think Hernandez is good enough to start (and especially when he can't create anything for himself) so there'll e a big divide between youth and older players like in the rest of our squad.

Considering Rio and Vidic are going it'd be nice to have one class CB and one younger one. Promoting Keane would be cool.

Yeah, Vermijl looks alright, and Varela came in last summer as well.

Tunnicliffe won't make it, should sell him really.

I like Vermijl over Varela. He just seems more solid. I think he would be a good back up for Rafael next season. I don't really like Keane. I always feel that he has mistakes in him, but he somehow always gets rated over Thorpe. Thorpe is shorter, but he's a great reader of the game and he likes to distribute the ball like Evans. It's baffling why he hasn't gotten a loan deal yet.

I think Cole can make it at United too, but unless he has a huge spike in development he'll be a squad player at best.

Elchele

Yeah, I read about that. Even Beckenbauer was mad. From what I understood the players weren't taking it very serious in that game :p

Salzburg was massive, tho.
they have quality talent and looks like the coach is pretty good too. They basically played Heynckes' tactics vs. Barcelona

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom