• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT13| Top 15 finish for AC Milan: Sogno Possibile

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meier

If a club has no interest in selling, then they absolutely should not budge from a release clause's valuation. Especially if a player is under contract for another 4+ years.

City wanted Fernandinho and probably paid a bit "too much" for him due to his age but his release clause was €50m. Realistically, his value was probably closer to €30m at most so they met in the middle (and Ferna chipped in €5m himself) since he was older (28). If he was 20 years old, I'm certainly they wouldn't have budged. Draxler has his career ahead of him so Schalke absolutely should hold out.

@Linius+Meier+Carbonox: Send me some of your glorious red hair. I want to make a wig and rock an Axl this month.

I'll end up looking like Stan Sitwell innit. I suppose I can hide my eyebrows.

I have red in my facial hair but none on my head! It's kind of strange but it seems to somewhat common for people who have had their blonde hair turn brown. My sideburns get pretty bushy -- that'd probably be your best bet for some of my red hair.

Fergie

Banned
On Paper RVP and Rooney being back helps, but we weren't playing well when they were healthy. It's the same story, midfielder overrun, wingers are shit, Rooney racking up stats but not really helping create the link between midfield and attack. We've had games this season where RVP started and he got maybe 1 or 2 chances at a goal if he didnt create it himself.
Mata and Adnan
Shinji pls
to hopefully help, as long as RVP makes the movements. It's been mentioned a lot but the team is way too stationary.

Feorax

Spending £37 million on a player in January who's likely not going to be even close to full fitness until April/May is just insane.

Should have brought in a striker though. Arsenal are still only one Giroud-shaped injury away from real trouble.

Milch, my condolences on your early CL exit.

Not going to happen.
vDjDfxn.jpg

You don't know that. Like you really don't. I'm just saying, he could or could not go for his RC.
Like why would they sell him for less? There were clubs willing to pay it last year, the contract doesn't run out and although they are broke as fuck, Tönnies can delay the Draxler money for another year or two with his bratwurst money.

Fergie

Banned
Spending £37 million on a player in January who's likely not going to be even close to full fitness until April/May is just insane.

Should have brought in a striker though. Arsenal are still only one Giroud-shaped injury away from real trouble.
Are you trying to say the worlds best striker Nicklas Bendtner(™) wouldn't pick up the slack?

Blasphemous.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I
I have red in my facial hair but none on my head! It's kind of strange but it seems to somewhat common for people who have had their blonde hair turn brown. My sideburns get pretty bushy -- that'd probably be your best bet for some of my red hair.

hey I'll take what I can get

Barzul

Like why would they sell him for less? There were clubs willing to pay it last year, the contract doesn't run out and although they are broke as fuck, Tönnies can delay the Draxler money for another year or two with his bratwurst money.
If there were clubs willing to pay the RC, they would've have paid it. No one did, he's still at Schalke. Clubs clearly want him, their willingness to match his clause is another different matter. Maybe someone will meet it this summer, we'll see.

Hixx

I don't get what Fulham and West Ham are doing.

I mean, West Ham are at least going to some sort of quality, but Fulham? Ryan Tunnicliffe?
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif

get relegated finally u cunts

Clegg

Wayne Veysey says United have sold Tunnicliffe and Cole to Fulham. Well in, Rene.

They've also finalised the Mitroglou deal apparently.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
The Mail are saying we've recalled Jake Livermore from his loan at Hull. I imagine Capoue and Holtby are now certain to leave.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
No CM then :(

This is going to be a very interesting second half, wouldnt be shocked if it went till the final day

Jarnet87

Wayne Veysey says United have sold Tunnicliffe and Cole to Fulham. Well in, Rene.

They've also finalised the Mitroglou deal apparently.

I remember the giant threads of hope on Redcafe about Tunnicliffe, Morrison, and Pogba. Welp guess we can start all over lol.

If there were clubs willing to pay the RC, they would've have paid it. No one did, he's still at Schalke. Clubs clearly want him, their willingness to match his clause is another different matter. Maybe someone will meet it this summer, we'll see.

Heavy links with Chelsea in summer but Draxler didn't want the move yet. Pretty sure they were willing to pay it considering there was no other way to get him.

Edit: Just looked it up: Yes, Mourinho was willing to pay it but Draxler said no. Schlacke confirmed it.

Speaking of Andres, haven't seen him for a while now. Did he leave us again? :(
There's no way he'll be able to resist coming back for the World Cup. Unless he already committed suicide because of the Falcao injury.
This guy is back and arguably better than any Colombian CB.
Wc9cv89l.jpg

Arguably? Lol, of course he is. It doesn't matter anyway, we're going to be destroyed. We're awful defensively ever since the cunt Denisov left. Even Shakhtar abused us today.

Baki

This.

When you can pick up Mata for £37 million, why the fuck would you pay that for a player who's quality is unknown. Just because his RC is £37 million, doesn't mean he's worth that much.

Players who were sold for £33-£42 million:

Aguero
Mata
Hazard
Fabregas

This.

When you can pick up Mata for £37 million, why the fuck would you pay that for a player who's quality is unknown. Just because his RC is £37 million, doesn't mean he's worth that much.

Players who were sold for £33-£42 million:

Aguero
Mata
Hazard
Fabregas

Draxlers quality is unknown while Hazard playing in something as shitty as the french league wasn't?

Arguably? Lol, of course he is. It doesn't matter anyway, we're going to be destroyed. We're awful defensively ever since the cunt Denisov left. Even Shakhtar abused us today.

I couldn't think of any Colombian CB :D

I just want a draw in the away game, Russia in fucking February is madness.

wedward

I read properly. So he'll be cheaper when hes world beater level? Nice.

If Arse gets him for cheaper it'll be because he isn't a world beater....

Jeez. This really is a struggle for you.

Right now he has the potential to be a world beater. Is his potential worth 37? No, probably not.

Barzul

Heavy links with Chelsea in summer but Draxler didn't want the move yet. Pretty sure they were willing to pay it considering there was no other way to get him.

Edit: Just looked it up: Yes, Mourinho was willing to pay it but Draxler said no. Schlacke confirmed it.

Do you have a link to this? Every search on Draxler seems to show up news from this window.

wedward

When does his release clause end? When does his contract end? Why will he get cheaper?

It doesn't matter if it gets cheaper. His price is 37 million. He has potential to be a world beater. Is his potential worth 37 million as of today? Not to Arsenal or any other club.

wedward

Then what was the point by putting his name there? :lol

Because he sold for a similar amount. I don't understand what you aren't getting.

Hazard was more of a sure thing than Draxler is right now.

Well at least new Arsenal supporters show the same kind of senility as Wenger when it comes to transfers... and well most everything else.

Your manager cried because a team parked the bus against him.

Google Translate. If he turned Chelsea down, maybe he's just not in for the money then.

Or maybe he's just kind of reasonable when it comes to signing for a new club. Look at him this season, he struggled when everyone expected him to carry the whole team. A move to any club outside of Germany would have simply been an awful decision (too early) that could have ruined his whole career.

Because he sold for a similar amount. I don't understand what you aren't getting.

So... There is no point, I thought it would be to prove his point of better players who had proven their quality which he was arguing, being sold for around that amount, not just some random transfers. But sure, lets go ahead and put random transfers in the price range, good fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom