• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT13| Top 15 finish for AC Milan: Sogno Possibile

Status
Not open for further replies.

Linius

Loool, I thought Kakuta was back in Londen but apparently he went on the firt plane to Lazio. What is Chelsea doing with all these players :lol

Traore made some minutes today Wooden, the most outstanding thing he did was getting a yellow for doing stupid shit.

Showaddy

Probably been posted already but:

BfVgx0lIIAE4WCa.png

Fucking hell City. But also fucking hell Stoke & Villa.

Carrick is fit. Great news. Hopefully he can find some form with the better players ahead of him.

Bit disappointed we sold Larnell Cole - for the best though really.

Loool, I thought Kakuta was back in Londen but apparently he went on the firt plane to Lazio. What is Chelsea doing with all these players :lol

Traore made some minutes today Wooden, the most outstanding thing he did was getting a yellow for doing stupid shit.

Kakuta is absolutely pure poop, was surprised Nazio wanted him.

Marin is the Messi of Seville

He's the German Messi. It's a shame Chelsea got the Egyptian Messi and the German Ronaldo (Schurrle) now.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much

It's quite amazing how Tottenham, Arsenal and Everton are still able to compete when you look at the spending. All 3 have more or less spent only what they've made from selling players.

I understand our loan policy for people like Courtois who we want to get games and develop.

But we've been loaning Kakuta out for years. Why are we not selling these players? Marin too someone who we would probably make our money back from.

I really hope rumours we're going to sell Lukaku in the summer aren't true though, doesn't make any sense.

Jarnet87

De Gea
Smalling Jones Evans Evra
Valencia Fletcher Cleverly Young
Mata
Rooney

4-4-1-1. 1-0 to United, Stoke own goal saves us from embarrassment.

Sorry United brethren, I will remain negative and skeptical until Moyes actually picks a decent looking lineup.

Wilbur

Banned
Carrick is fit. Great news. Hopefully he can find some form with the better players ahead of him.

Bit disappointed we sold Larnell Cole - for the best though really.

Thought it was a loan, shame. Best of luck to him (although can't see him getting many minutes this season).

Carrick, Mata and Adnan could be very lightweight. Need Fellaini snapping cunts ASAP.

Kakuta is absolutely pure poop, was surprised Nazio wanted him.

He's the German Messi. It's a shame Chelsea got the Egyptian Messi and the German Ronaldo (Schurrle) now.

Looooooooooool fuck I legit laughed. Dat bench time, Mata was the Spanish Isco (or something)

Jones in CB pls.

Carrick and Fletcher.

Nani is dead.

Jones in CB is my lifelong dream. Him and Evans need a consistent run there.

It's quite amazing how Tottenham, Arsenal and Everton are still able to compete when you look at the spending. All 3 have more or less spent only what they've made from selling players.

Bale transfer distorts that a bit though, usually 85m would be split between a few players so it looks like you've had more of a rebuilding job than you have.

Clegg

Clegg, how highly do you rate Schmidt? I would assume pretty highly considering his record (!), but I don't know much about him. At times it seemed that anyone would be an improvement over Kidney.
Very highly. Turned Leinster into the best team in Europe during his time there. All the Leinster players are adamant about him being the best coach they've played under.

For the last few seasons under Kidney there was no real game plan. It usually consisted of kicking the ball to the opposition and hoping they'd make a mistake, or giving the ball the BOD and hope he pulls off a bit of magic.

Schmidt has a clear plan in mind for the way he wants his team to play. Quick recycling of the ball, hit up the middle with the forwards and sharp, accurate passing to support runners to score tries. Every player he coached at Leinster improved their game and he has a track record of blooding young players and improving them too. Only worry I have is that his game plan requires a lot of coaching to get right and he only has limited access to his players as they're with the provinces for most of the season. Might be hard to hit the correct level of performance for his plan to work.

If Ireland can play anywhere near as well as they did against New Zealand then I think they can win the championship.

Have no idea what will happen with European rugby next season. The argument is all about money. English clubs want more of it and also want the competition to have less teams. Irish, Scottish and French disagree. Right now they're at a stand off.

(Apologies for long rugby post)

deroli

Our match was dumb (us) vs. dumber (Braunschweig). A team with more quality would have easily created many great chances against us. They bottled so many promising attacks and still were so close to get at least one point, because our team acted like a headless chicken after set pieces. We on the other hand just had to score 4 or 5 goals after the break when they completely fell apart. Unbelievable misses by Miki and Reus. Aubameyang saved our ass tonight, although he did not contribute anything to the victory besides his goals.
The match was no feast for the eyes, but at least we finally won. Still, the last good game in the Bundesliga dates back to early november... If we continue playing the way we do right now, CL football will be anything but certain next season.

Arnie

Jesus christ. I'm dying. Had our company away day, basically got off my tits in a naughty velvet jacket. We partied until like 6am and had to leave Dorset at 10am this morning. The coach back to London was one of the most hellish experiences of my life. Got home at about 4pm and only just woke up half an hour ago. I'm sat here staring at a KFC, unable to finish it.

konoplank please sign

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
De Gea
Rafael---Smalling---Evans---Evra
Fletcher---Jones
Mata---Rooney---Young
Van Persie

Best case scenario, though id love Jones in CB and Carrick in

The thought of Young keeping Adnan out of the team, horrible.

Meier

Well, on the plus side, quite a few of our players have significantly increased their value since joining so if we ever did need to sell them, we'd eat into that net significantly.

Aguero joined for £38m and is comfortably £60-70m (probably more frankly) or so. Silva joined for £25m and is worth at least £40-45m now. Negredo was £16.4m and is probably a £25-30m player now. Yaya was £24m and is easily a £30-40m player. Dzeko was £27m and is still probably a £25m player and Nasri is still worth around what was paid (£25m). We're going to end up getting nothing from Barry and Lescott and both Rodwell and Garcia are worth less than we paid. Milner I think is still a £20mish player if we ever sold him (maybe £15m). Most everyone else has gone up in price IMO. Thankfully all the Mark Hughes era fat has been trimmed.

wedward

Arsene. Please.

It's over. Accept it.

Just enjoy this:

“Arsenal is an amazing club with a lot of great players and a coach who has done really well here for a long time. I am so pleased to come here to learn as much as possible. I’m here to do my best for Arsenal and to help out the team, so we can achieve good results for the last part of the season.’
“I hope to adapt to the Premier League quickly. But it is still football, we have our skills and we try to play the best way that we can. It is always easier when you are playing in a very competent team.
“Like everyone, I feel this is a very big club that creates very good football to watch. I know that Arsenal have a lot of skilful players and can score lots of goals.
“Halfway through the season, they have done really well and put themselves in position to win some trophies, so I just want to come here and help Arsenal as much as I can until the end of the season.”

Clegg

Baki calma. You were raging at Wenger for not going in for Mata a while back evrn when it was obvious he was headed to United. Face it, he just doesn't think there's value in January. He's right for the most part too.

pulga

Banned
Jesus christ. I'm dying. Had our company away day, basically got off my tits in a naughty velvet jacket. We partied until like 6am and had to leave Dorset at 10am this morning. The coach back to London was one of the most hellish experiences of my life. Got home at about 4pm and only just woke up half an hour ago. I'm sat here staring at a KFC, unable to finish it.

konoplank please sign

I can't be the only one imagining Arnie returning in one of these

5869976-old_coach_Genoa.jpg%3Fversion%3D2

I thought it had been confirmed already haha

Our club fucking posted his old number on twitter, Ståle said he was coming unless he broke his leg traveling here but... Nothing yet.

Have a bad habit of announcing shit with 1 minute to go, the way those cunts work here.

Meier

Atletico loaned out Oliver to Villarreal. Great young talent, good that he should get more guaranteed minutes in the 2nd half of the season. Shame we couldn't get him last year before his price ballooned.

Barzul

What are the odds that Kallstrom starts in midfield vs Palace? Not sure Wenger will start Gnabry again on the right flank after he's played in the last 2 games. Ox probably gets a run there, so that frees up a midfield spot, unless Rosicky is fit for it.

Sane_Man

Even as a Liverpool fan I have to admit that Martinez is one of the nicest and most likeable people in football. I want to give him a little hug.

wedward

So only Kallstrom?

I hope Wenger doesn't throw Kallstrom at Bayern.

Moyes pls go all out tomorrow.

I'll be surprised if he gets more than 5 games. FA cup and maybe some bottom of the table teams. Once Ramsey comes back he will be glued to the bench.

What are the odds that Kallstrom starts in midfield vs Palace? Not sure Wenger will start Gnabry again on the right flank after he's played in the last 2 games. Ox probably gets a run there, so that frees up a midfield spot, unless Rosicky is fit for it.

Slim. He will have had one day of training.

-----GIROUD
Rosicky --Ozil--Santi
--Arteta--OX

Arsene just doesn't rate Podolski. He will be sold this summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom