• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT13| Top 15 finish for AC Milan: Sogno Possibile

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fergie

Banned
@ManUnitedYouth: The loans keep coming - Sam Johnstone to Doncaster and Jack Rudge to Torquay on one-month deals.

Loan them all!

Ince has agreed a deal.

So Ince in the premier league, and Zaha on loan where he's hopefully going to get time, who's going to impress?

Baki

I'll be surprised if he gets more than 5 games. FA cup and maybe some bottom of the table teams. Once Ramsey comes back he will be glued to the bench.

Slim. He will have had one day of training.

-----GIROUD
Rosicky --Ozil--Santi
--Arteta--OX

This summer was a dream. This window is a harsh reminder of what it's like to be an Arsenal fan. :(

Arnie

I can't be the only one imagining Arnie returning in one of these

I wish, that looks nice and private. I spent mine trying to breath and clear my mind whilst people around me fucking skriked about shite.

Right, let's fast forward somewhat, who's had the best window and who's had the worst?

I personally think, given the context, Arsenal have had a bit of a shocker. They spent so long chasing Draxler, which of course would be a top signing, but they've given themselves a real psychological disadvantage by not signing a striker.

TeddyBoy

Apparently we have until midnight to register the transfer because it's international? That true?

If you remember when Van Der Vart signed for Spurs, that was similar.

I think you need to register interest in the player before 11pm to the premier league, but don't need him to have fully signed by then.

Barzul

I'll be surprised if he gets more than 5 games. FA cup and maybe some bottom of the table teams. Once Ramsey comes back he will be glued to the bench.

Slim. He will have had one day of training.

-----GIROUD
Rosicky --Ozil--Santi
--Arteta--OX

Arsene just doesn't rate Podolski. He will be sold this summer.
We could get a lot more than we paid for him too.

wedward

This summer was a dream. This window is a harsh reminder of what it's like to be an Arsenal fan. :(

Honestly dude, calm the fuck down. It's January. It's always like this. What did you expect? Who is available? And don't speculate, give me some names you know are available that would immediately improve the squad.

Barzul

Honestly dude, calm the fuck down. It's January. It's always like this. What did you expect? Who is available? And don't speculate, give me some names you know are available that would immediately improve the squad.

Very good point there. I was hoping we'd try for Klose harder. I'm just hoping Giroud stays ft, because if he doesn't we're fucked.

Wilbur

Banned
I wish, that looks nice and private. I spent mine trying to breath and clear my mind whilst people around me fucking skriked about shite.

Right, let's fast forward somewhat, who's had the best window and who's had the worst?

I came back from my night out with the work lot the other day on a bus at half 6 in the morning, some stupid cunt next to me breathing and falling on me. Was dreadful.

On paper, Fulham have had a pretty good window (today I suppose). Mata should galvanise us, Chelsea have done well to get Matic, a Mata replacement and seal a pretty cheap deal for Zouma. Palace have also got one or two bodies in that should help. Think Bridcutt's good business for Sunderland too.

Newcastle have had a poor last few days, West Ham a bit scattershot, Arsenal and Liverpool failing to do much of anything (yet).

pulga

Banned

I personally think, given the context, Arsenal have had a bit of a shocker. They spent so long chasing Draxler, which of course would be a top signing, but they've given themselves a real psychological disadvantage by not signing a striker.

Arsenal's done for, not signing a striker will come back to bite them in the ass in a big way. February-March is mental for them, and they'll be in dire need of fresh legs.

Baki

Vucinic > Bendtner.

We need a back up striker.

Yen

If you remember when Van Der Vart signed for Spurs, that was similar.

I think you need to register interest in the player before 11pm to the premier league, but don't need him to have fully signed by then.

I remember Arshavin was only officially confirmed the next day.

pulga

Banned
gCx3HrP.jpg
I approve. Let's get the hype train going.

Carbonox

Take a few hours out, return, Newcastle still twiddling their thumbs like the fat spastics they are.

kinnear + ashley pls fuck off to baghdad

I hope Sunderland wreck us. The aftermath will be glorious.

Apparently FIFA are having technical issues with their registering shit... lol, which means a few transfers can't be confirmed until after deadline.

Clegg

Arsenal have had a poor one. Chelsea sold two unwanted players, one good the other world class, for lots of money and put that money back in to strengthen their squad. They've had a good window.

United failed to address their main areas of concern but signed a brilliant playmaker. Genuinely don't know how to rate this one.

Baki

Arsenal have had a poor one. Chelsea sold two unwanted players, one good the other world class, for lots of money and put that money back in to strengthen their squad. They've had a good window.

United failed to address their main areas of concern but signed a brilliant playmaker. Genuinely don't know how to rate this one.

Chelsea are good at moving on deals. Wish Arsenal could do this.

Gibbo

Take a few hours out, return, Newcastle still twiddling their thumbs like the fat spastics they are.

kinnear + ashley pls fuck off to baghdad

I hope Sunderland wreck us. The aftermath will be glorious.

As much as I'd like De Jong to score on his debut, I'd like us to lose at Sunderland as well. Contrary to what the silver fox has said, we sold off cabaye with no backup plan at all. And all for what? 20m? If Kinnear has any self respect, he should leave.

Could you send back Bendtner to Copenhagen? If we got both Bendtner and Cornelius we would be laughed at so badly in CL that it might actually just work to our advantage.

Baki

Bendtner's numbers are actually ok.

15 in 50
12 in 31
9 in 32

I think he gets more shit than he deserves.

His attitude is piss poor. Otherwise he'd be an ok 3rd string striker.

Giroud makes an excellent back up but was never meant to lead the line. I hope Arsene is ready to splash £50m on a striker in summer. Because that's what it'll take.

Start supporting an Oil club.

They are actually in a profit this window. So I'd say it's less to do with financial power and more to do with just getting things done.

Arnie

I came back from my night out with the work lot the other day on a bus at half 6 in the morning, some stupid cunt next to me breathing and falling on me. Was dreadful.

On paper, Fulham have had a pretty good window (today I suppose). Mata should galvanise us, Chelsea have done well to get Matic, a Mata replacement and seal a pretty cheap deal for Zouma. Palace have also got one or two bodies in that should help. Think Bridcutt's good business for Sunderland too.

Newcastle have had a poor last few days, West Ham a bit scattershot, Arsenal and Liverpool failing to do much of anything (yet).
West Ham's a good shout, considering those around them have either strengthened or stabilised massively. Can't see them surviving to be quite honest.

Fulham have done some good business, Holtby in particular.

That Will Keane lad seems a fairly decent bloke.
Arsenal's done for, not signing a striker will come back to bite them in the ass in a big way. February-March is mental for them, and they'll be in dire need of fresh legs.
Aye, complete and utter burnout.

Even if Liverpool do pull this last one off we've still had a fucking nightmare window considering we botched up Salah and didn't strengthen our weakest positions.

wedward

His attitude is piss poor. Otherwise he'd be an ok 3rd string striker.

Giroud makes an excellent back up but was never meant to lead the line. I hope Arsene is ready to splash £50m on a striker in summer. Because that's what it'll take.

If the right player is available I don't see why we wouldn't.

kharma45

Fellaini back and hopefully now injury free can only be good. He's like a new signing you know.

GQman2121

Banned
I'm pleased with all of our moves. Zouma will prove to be the steal of the window. I am Disappointed to lose Mata, but that deal will pay off in the long term and I think Mou knows that.

wedward

They are actually in a profit this window. So I'd say it's less to do with financial power and more to do with just getting things done.

You don't think the fact that City and Chelsea are far and away the best at getting deals done quickly has anything to do with the fact that money is meaningless to them?

Riath Al-Samarrai ‏@riathalsam 10m
FC Copenhagen told me details for deal to sign Cornelius are agreed, but there are issues with the computer system that processes transfers.

2kymfQE.jpg

pappe

Fulham have changed almost whole starting 11. Will be interesting to see how they perform now. They have had the best transfer window.

Chelsea have knocked it out of the park too.

Palace have done well.

United I honestly don't know. Signing Mata was excellent but without a proper mid we r fucked.

Arsenal have ozil.

Liverpool have a good squad. They will be fine.

Thank god city didn't buy any 1 and strengthened even more.

Meier

Less than 10mins.

Will Keane is confirmed.

That's 10 loanees.

I was a little surprised that only Huws and Rusnak were loaned out from City. Both to Birmingham City. Were some rumors we would have loaned Rony to Porto for the remainder of the year if the Fernando/Mangala deal happened.

Ince to Palace on loan (think I saw his name mentioned but not the club).

Clegg

Fulham have done decent business too. Mitroglou is a proven scorer in the CL. If he settles quickly he could keep them up.

On an individual basis, the move of the transfer window has to be Beebatov to Monaco. Never has a player suited a location quite so well.

wedward

Fulham have changed almost whole starting 11. Will be interesting to see how they perform now. They have had the best transfer window.

Chelsea have knocked it out of the park too.

Palace have done well.

United I honestly don't know. Signing Mata was excellent but without a proper mid we r fucked.

Arsenal have Kim.

Liverpool have a good squad. They will be fine.

Thank god city didn't buy any 1 and strengthened even more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom