• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT13| Top 15 finish for AC Milan: Sogno Possibile

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arnie

BfWBPuLIgAAQ5C3.jpg

Less than 10mins.

Will Keane is confirmed.

That's 10 loanees.

How's the Kono situation.

Good good. Now Pearson, Pereira, Janko, and Wilson (injured though) can get good game time for the u21s. The only problem for Janko is that he'll probably be forced to play on the wing due to Varela and Love. His performances suffer on the wing, but he'll hopefully develop his attacking game.

Blablurn

Reverse image search says "Safety Not Guaranteed"

how the fuck can I watch him when he's a bench player and hardly comes off it
KuGsj.gif

you said it yourself. one goal every three games is absolutely dire.

and pls, Bendtner's actually won silverware with my club. his loan spell at Juve has been infinitely more successful than his current and future stay at your bottler club
KuGsj.gif

C_3_Media_1702504_immagine_ts673_400.jpg

I bet he even misses us <3

gracias amigo

LTWheels

Guardian: Konoplyanka: it's off! You always knew it. The man himself has decided to stay put, according to reports in Ukraine. As if Stoke, Sunderland and Lee Cattermole didn't waste enough of our time earlier.

Well if he decided not to come, nothing we can do...

I don't think Konplanka was gonna be worth the £16m.

Reckon Liverpool will get 4th pretty comfortably in the end and end up being glad they didn't waste that money.

Meier

Danny Graham to Boro for the rest of the season. What a terrible signing that was for Sunderland. Cheap (£5m) so not the end of the world, but sheesh! Did Hull do any business at all today? They obviously had no need for him after getting Jelavic and Long.

Walshy

It's off - we are idiotic when it comes to transfers. Ayre should of never been promoted from the commercial side of things, even if today wasn't entirely his fault.

So we can add Konoplyanka to the Salah, Mkhitaryan, Costa and Willian to players we've missed out on.

GorillaJu

What on earth happened to the transfer committee that got Cou and Studge for 20m last year?

Some major fuck ups these last two windows. Some shuffling around needs to happen whether that means taking Ayre off negotiations or bringing someone more suited to the business in.

Yen

It's off - we are idiotic when it comes to transfers. Ayre should of never been promoted from the commercial side of things, even if today wasn't entirely his fault.

So we can add Konoplyanka to the Salah, Mkhitaryan, Costa and Willian to players we've missed out on.
We seriously need to buck up our ideas. Can't help but feel Rodgers is being let down by Ayre. We can't let this go on.

Zabojnik

Juve and Bundesliga-GAF, what can you tell me about Molinaro?

tumblr_lka3ob1J5i1qdaaw6o1_500.gif

Seriously speaking, I don't remember much of his time with us, which should tell you something. One of those terzini that are all grinta & fiato, zero technique. No idea how he performed in the Bundes, but he was barely a Serie A player. Has Farsopoli to thank, otherwise he would've never played for us.

Lightning

Banned
Getting a little tired of Wenger's "80% of players move in last 48 hours of window" like that is a legitimate reason our signings have to be left that late.

Now I pray we don't get anymore injuries. If Wilshere is out long term we're screwed.

Suen

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Berardi is licking his lips already
Very encouraging to read! I bet he's still a better option then most of our defenders, question is if he will do better than them in his new team.

We take players like Molinero while we make no effort to keep young and bright talents like Sansone and Mendes. I mean I'm grateful that we're starting to have some form of stability and keeping some of our players but this sucks. Juve should have sent Giovinco or Quagli on loan to Parma now that Khal Drogo has joined.

tumblr_lka3ob1J5i1qdaaw6o1_500.gif

Seriously speaking, I don't remember much of his time with us, which should tell you something. One of those terzini that are all grinta & fiato, zero technique.
What kind of players are we attracting :(

Walshy

We seriously need to buck up our ideas. Can't help but feel Rodgers is being let down by Ayre. We can't let this go on.
He is. Ayre and FSG lowballing over fucking agent fees or installments is embarassing.

It's the last day of the window. Dnipro had every right to ask for it upfront, they didn't need to sell.

They should back Rodgers more. Don't they see the huge amounts of cash waiting for them if we make the Champipns League?

Arnie

All in all I'm quite happy with a front four of Suarez, Sturridge, Sterling and Coutinho for the remainder of the season, and I don't really think this Ukranian lad was the missing link between us struggling for fourth or sealing it comfortably.

Saying that I don't want it to be a psychological road block to those aspirations. And I want the club to use this window to fuel our summer one, quite like the poor one two summers ago forced us to line up that boss window last January.

Our list of failed targets is incredible, though.

subtles

One injured DM till the summer!
3AQmK.gif

My heart aches for Rodgers. He's done phenomenal work so far and I honestly hope he gets a bit of luck his way and we cross the finish line. It would be harsh to miss out on fourth with the way we started the season.

I hope we sort out whatever is keeping us from concluding deals before the summer.

Elchele

Juve and Bundesliga-GAF, what can you tell me about Molinaro?

:lol you're already dead.

I'm surprised how he has managed to move from first division sides to other first division sides after being completely shit everywhere. He should be playing in third division in England or something.

Walshy

Our list of failed targets is incredible, though.
Ayre doesn't help himself by leaking targets to the press only to spectacularly fail.

If anyone else in a regular job was as bad as his job as Ian Ayre is, they would of been sacked a long time ago.

GorillaJu

He is. Ayre and FSG lowballing over fucking agent fees or installments is embarassing.

It's the last day of the window. Dnipro had every right to ask for it upfront, they didn't need to sell.

They should back Rodgers more. Don't they see the huge amounts of cash waiting for them if we make the Champipns League?
Rodgers is part of the transfer committee making decisions. If it was just a breakdown of negotiations then there's clearly someone at fault but, if it's because there are 5 different agents all asking for some giant fee then Rodgers will have had a part in saying "fuck it, deals off"

He was a summer target originally and it may happen that we work out a deal between now and then. I still want him at Liverpool.

Ayre doesn't help himself by leaking targets to the press only to spectacularly fail.

If anyone else in a regular job was as bad as his job as Ian Ayre is, they would of been sacked a long time ago.

We don't actually know how he performs in 95% of the aspects of his job.

He managed to get all the good signings you've made too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom