• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT13| Top 15 finish for AC Milan: Sogno Possibile

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Guys there's a rumor going around that Kallstrom is injured for 2-3 months. You couldn't make this shit up.

I think I would die laughing if that turns out to be true.

How is that even possible?

sadnescaslteaijko.gif

That's what I'd do; Rooney's far more dangerous for us up front than he is behind someone.

-------Carrick - Gerrard
---Wilshere (or Lallana)
Sturridge - Rooney - Welbeck

Plus Roy please just fucking get Terry back. Please. He's been brilliant this season.

I'd be very, very happy with that lineup, Gerrard and Carrick would have to be on their game to protect the back 4 though. Don;t think it comes naturally to either of them.

Maybe should have given Noble a chance in a friendly to see if he can act as the platform to allow the other CMs to attack at will.

Wonder if Henderson will go. Could cover any of those 3 midfield spots, and even right back in a nightmare scenario :p

Exactly. He was MOTM last time out and played well. Fuck off to any one who says he doesn't deserve to start this game. You might not like him but if he plays well he deserves to start.

Yep.

As much as I want to see Shinji or Adnan start, imagine if either of those got a goal and an assist in that last match and were dropped - outrage!

GorillaJu

This doesn't make sense. How can Sunderland deserve it when it is an extremely harsh result for Newcastle. To my mind Sunderland deserve it. and it's a fair result.

How is it harsh? They've been shit. If you get bossed by Altidore you deserve to lose.

Newcastle have been jittery at the back and sluggish going forward.

Maybe it's just American English but "harsh" to me doesn't mean unfair, it just means it hurts. Losing a derby 3-0 is brutal.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Injured in his first day of training. Arsenal DNA. The rumor came from Sweden, people are trying to verify right now.

So he lasted 12 hours as an Arsenal player before getting injured. That must be a record (if true).

kharma45

Yep.

As much as I want to see Shinji or Adnan start, imagine if either of those got a goal and an assist in that last match and were dropped - outrage!

Against Stoke too Young offers a bit more physical presence (albeit not hugely more) which has played in to it too.

GHG

Hahaha Kallstrom is out for the season apparently.

Injured himself in training. You couldn't write this...

Wenger pls. Why you do this to us?

Wilbur

Banned
Rooney, Mata, RVP and Carrick.

If United don't play well and win comfortably today then it's hard to see them climbing the table at all.

Not too fussed about playing well, it's still Stoke away. Just getting the points will do me so you can still get shooky from your seat in the heavens

I'd be very, very happy with that lineup, Gerrard and Carrick would have to be on their game to protect the back 4 though. Don;t think it comes naturally to either of them.

Maybe should have given Noble a chance in a friendly to see if he can act as the platform to allow the other CMs to attack at will.

Wonder if Henderson will go. Could cover any of those 3 midfield spots, and even right back in a nightmare scenario :p

Henderson should go, as cover for Gerrard. Lallana/Wilshere for whoever starts, and Barry for Carrick because he's been absolutely brilliant this year. Then bring Barkley and Lampard as well just because innit (although Lampard will be starting every fucking match).

seriously tho, terry. Do you feel comfortably going into a world cup with Cahill and Jagielka as our starting centre backs? Jagielka's the better player, but pairing Cahill and Terry together would give me some real confidence that we won't get bummed into the night.

Scum

Take Delph.

Injured in his first day of training. Arsenal DNA. The rumor came from Sweden, people are trying to verify right now.
What kind of training was it? o_O

The_Hitcher89 said:
Swansea haven't even come close to making a chance since Carroll got sent off, let alone scoring.

Yeah, they looked entirely inept going forward, not a clue how to break us down.

Fantastic result, all things considered. I'm overchuffed.

Wilbur

Banned
Congrats Sunderlunder by the way. Fully deserved that. Bridcutt looks decent, Ki is absolutely class, Johnson looking a threat again.

They need better defenders; they're doing a good job at the moment but it's not exactly inspiring on paper. Pretty certain they'll stay up now. Really not sure who is going to go down this year. The three at the bottom plus Norwich are in the most danger, I think; Cardiff really, really need to win today.

Blablurn

Regarding Draxler:

Jan Aage Fjortoft ‏@JanAageFjortoft 6 Sek.

My view. Based on my information. Bayern Munich managed to stop the Draxler-deal by saying "we take him in the summer".

Not too fussed about playing well, it's still Stoke away. Just getting the points will do me so you can still get shooky from your seat in the heavens

Henderson should go, as cover for Gerrard. Lallana/Wilshere for whoever starts, and Barry for Carrick because he's been absolutely brilliant this year. Then bring Barkley and Lampard as well just because innit (although Lampard will be starting every fucking match).

seriously tho, terry. Do you feel comfortably going into a world cup with Cahill and Jagielka as our starting centre backs? Jagielka's the better player, but pairing Cahill and Terry together would give me some real confidence that we won't get bummed into the night.

None of our centrebacks fills me with confidence, no matter how good their club form is :(

Would prefer Terry to be there than not though, cunt that he is.

Looking back, the utter failure to get prime Terry, Ferdinand, Cole, Gerrard, Lampard and Rooney looking anything like a well-oiled team is ludicrous. The wings have always been a bit brass, but that should have been a hell of a spine from 2004-2009

Still, its football, so let's play the imagination game. Imagine if we won the World Cup. I'd cry, even thugh I dislike 90% of those directly involved. Balls to the anti-Englanders.

L1NETT

What are wenger training methods?

Total wipeout??

Oh dear, the ox there out for two weeks after hurting himself on the big red balls. Gibbs got hit in the face in that glove punch wall thingy. One month out.

GHG

Regarding Draxler:

Jan Aage Fjortoft ‏@JanAageFjortoft 6 Sek.

My view. Based on my information. Bayern Munich managed to stop the Draxler-deal by saying "we take him in the summer".

Bayern can fuck off.

Stop buying everyone you cunts.

kharma45

None of our centrebacks fills me with confidence, no matter how good their club form is :(

Would prefer Terry to be there than not though, cunt that he is.

Looking back, the utter failure to get prime Terry, Ferdinand, Cole, Gerrard, Lampard and Rooney looking anything like a well-oiled team is ludicrous. The wings have always been a bit brass, but that should have been a hell of a spine from 2004-2009

Still, its football, so let's play the imagination game. Imagine if we won the World Cup. I'd cry, even thugh I dislike 90% of those directly involved. Balls to the anti-Englanders.

It's bad enough England won one. We never hear the fucking end of it.

GorillaJu

Ha ha. I got you the second time basterd. :p

What I meant to say is, I feel for our Newcastle fans here because it's got to not feel great to have lost an important game against a local rival, especially by three goals. However, on the other hand, it's worth mentioning that Sunderland looked a great team today - completely unlike the shambles that Di Canio was leading at the start of the season, and they fully deserve the result from this performance.

Do you GET IT NOW?

:)

Of course the Kallstrom story is true, he plays for us now, once you arrive at the Emirates the medical staff give you the Arsenal curse.

Rumour is it can only be removed by spinning around 3 times while holding a black cat and speaking the name Wenger backwards into a cracked mirror...or leaving Arsenal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom