• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT13| Top 15 finish for AC Milan: Sogno Possibile

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, they looked entirely inept going forward, not a clue how to break us down.

Fantastic result, all things considered. I'm overchuffed.

Happy for you, quite a few teams I'd like to see relegated before you :)

Take Delph.

Fair shout, not seen much of Villa this season but heard he's played very well over the last couple of months

End of the window tbf.

But yeah. This is going to be a terrible 2nd half of the season.

That transfer was done so quickly, I can't imagine that Newcastle didn't know it was going to happen days in advance. Transfers don't happen that quickly without a lot of planning behind the scenes

Fergie

Banned
End of the window tbf.

But yeah. This is going to be a terrible 2nd half of the season.
January can be a chore but the attack will be dulled without Cabaye. Probably get someone on loan.

Regarding Draxler:

Jan Aage Fjortoft ‏@JanAageFjortoft 6 Sek.

My view. Based on my information. Bayern Munich managed to stop the Draxler-deal by saying "we take him in the summer".
/ded

If this is confirmed...

Zabojnik

juventus_inter_vidal.jpg

Soon.

GorillaJu

I think Wenger new he was going to get injured, and that's why he signed him. He's got that sixth sense you know, and he's desperate to keep up the Arsenal tradition.

Blablurn

Jan Aage Fjortoft ‏@JanAageFjortoft 2 Min.

You'll probably say I just speculate, but I have tweeted about "Bayern won't sit still" many times. End up at Bayern? Not sure "NewCards"

Barzul

Regarding Draxler:

Jan Aage Fjortoft ‏@JanAageFjortoft 6 Sek.

My view. Based on my information. Bayern Munich managed to stop the Draxler-deal by saying "we take him in the summer".

That doesn't make any sense. Unless Bayern talked to Draxler's people. Why would Schalke care when Bayern wants to take him?
Also this guy said we agreed a fee, I'm beginning to form the opinion that he doesn't know shit. Cause it flew in the face of what every other source claimed.

Kyoufu

We need a Sheikh to buy the club and turn us into a super club.

It's the only way Mike Ashley will sell the club and free us.

:(

The phrase 'we take him in the summer' has me imagining someone who looks like Rasputin in charge of Bayern's transfers

220px-Rasputin_near_1914.jpg

I tell the Schalke, we take him in summer. Mwahahahaha.

That doesn't make any sense. Unless Bayern talked to Draxler's people. Why would Schalke care when Bayern wants to take him?

How does it make no sense? Wenger that old cheap bastard should have just paid up. You have some team making you shit offers for weeks and you have Bayern who's like "fuck money, we pay it in summer". Makes it even easier for Schlacke to tell Arsene to fuck off.

I doubt Arsenal is more attractive to Draxler than Bayern, either.

GHG

Jan Aage Fjortoft ‏@JanAageFjortoft 2 Min.

You'll probably say I just speculate, but I have tweeted about "Bayern won't sit still" many times. End up at Bayern? Not sure "NewCards"

Is he saying "bayern won't sit still" in relation to Draxler?

They can't just collect players. Only 11 can play at once. Jokers.

Slizz

How does it make no sense? Wenger that old cheap bastard should have just paid up. You have some team making you shit offers for weeks and you have Bayern who's like "fuck money, we pay it in summer". Makes it even easier for Schlacke to tell Arsene to fuck off.

B-b-b-ut in Summer he'll be cheaper than he was in January.....

Barzul

Your comment does not make that post make anymore sense. After beating about the RC amount the last couple of days, Schalke agreed to sell for lower than it!? Then decided to wait because Bayern said wait till the summer. All it seems to me is that this guy wanted to cover his ass for saying earlier that Arsenal agreed a fee and that the transfer was happening. When the transfer didn't go through, Bayern becomes a convenient excuse.

Barzul

David Ornstein ‏@bbcsport_david 4m
Kallstrom suffered back injury in first #afc training session - being assessed. Understood reports of 2-3 months out inaccurate #bbcfootball

Loooool it's true. He is injured. We're cursed.

Anderson

"Kim Kallstrom suffered a back injury in his first training with Arsenal and is being assessed by the club's medical staff amid reports that he could be set for a lengthy spell out.

"The 31-year-old Sweden midfielder joined Arsenal on transfer deadline day in a loan deal until the end of the season from Spartak Moscow.

"Kallstrom - the Gunners' only January signing was recruited as cover for the injured Aaron Ramsey and Jack Wilshere, and suspended Mathieu Flamini.".

Couldn't make this shit up

Your comment does not make that post make anymore sense. After beating about the RC amount the last couple of days, Schalke agreed to sell for lower than it!? Then decided to wait because Bayern said wait till the summer. All it seems to me is that this guy wanted to cover his ass for saying earlier that Arsenal agreed a fee and that the transfer was happening. When the transfer didn't go through, Bayern becomes a convenient excuse.

How I assume it happened, if Bayern's interest is real

-Arsenal put the feelers out
-Schalke say 35m
-Arsenal haggle
-Schalke have no reason to sell, want full price
-Arsenal spend time decisding whether to pay
-Bayern say 'don't worry Schalke, we'll pay full price in the summer, and you can keep him for the rest of the season
-Draxler says 'that'll do'
-Arsenal's chances dead

I somehow doubt Bayern's interest is real though. Surely they have enough firepower in the positions Draxler can play?

Shikabala was really a last minute signing, his contract went through 7 seconds before the deadline ended.
So this were our 4 last day signings.

1798500_10151859996116555_654233132_n.jpg

Shikabala - AM with a touch of magic on his feet but with poor decision making
Heldon - Winger that also plays as a second striker, current 3rd best goalscorer in the league with 9 goals
Matias Perez - 19 year old Paraguayan CB, he is going to the reserve team
Ousamane Drame - Winger, famous for this little incident in Italy...

Didn´t expect anyone to come in so having 4 new signings is exciting. let´s see if any of them are any good.

Barzul

How I assume it happened, if Bayern's interest is real

-Arsenal put the feelers out
-Schalke say 35m
-Arsenal haggle
-Schalke have no reason to sell, want full price
-Arsenal spend time decisding whether to pay
-Bayern say 'don't worry Schalke, we'll pay full price in the summer, and you can keep him for the rest of the season
-Draxler says 'that'll do'
-Arsenal's chances dead

I somehow doubt Bayern's interest is real though. Surely they have enough firepower in the positions Draxler can play?
No he clearly says Arsenal agreed a fee.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom