• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT13| Top 15 finish for AC Milan: Sogno Possibile

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is Rooney a better midfielder than Fletcher? Is Welbeck a better forward than Rooney? The sub just makes no sense.

:lol

image.php

Welbeck on the wing, Mata CAM? I dunno.

Mata was still on the wing when Welbeck was playing. And Welbeck has proven to be shit on the wing these past 2 seasons. He's a #9 and nothing else.

RVP
Young Rppmey Mata
Clev Fletcher

or

RVP
Young Welbeck Mata
Clev Rooney

pls make me understand

Jarnet87

Mata has never played in such a slow and stationary team in his life. He won't succeed on the wing here not because he can't play there, but because of how shit the rest of the team is. He'll get even more isolated out of the game on the wing because the other 9 guys standing around.

Scum

Can all these results stay the same?

Pls

It'll will. For us , anyway. #FreeLaamela

Is the reliance on the wings a hangover from like 4 years ago?

I'd say so. When you have Ronaldo marauding around on both sides of the pitch, with Tevez and Rooney in support, wingplay made a shitload of sense. But that meant most of the team forgot about the middle of the pitch. When you're then left with Young and Valencia, wingplay becomes utterly pointless.

Mata is a great addition, but Man Utd need a MC who dictates play & tempo from central midfield.

Wilbur

Banned
fuck it bring Adnan on for Clev

rafael - smalling - evra
carrick
adnan - mata - rooney - welbeck - young
rvp

#athousandnationsofthePulisempirewilldescenduponyou
#oursetpieceswillblotoutthesun

#thenwewillfightintheshade

Status
Not open for further replies.