• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT14| Juan Flew Into The Slug's Nest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clegg

Smalling, Evans, Jones, Garay(?)

should be enough at CB no?

Get a LB in.

2 new CM's too.

Rio, Vidic, Giggs, Evra, Ando and Nani(?) going should free up some wages and bring £15-30m in.

Do you really need 2 new CB's on top of Smalling, Phil Jones and Evans? Or is Phil Jones seen as a permanent midfielder now? I hope he is.
Just going on the principle of two CB's out/ two CB's in. Maybe we'll buy one and promote a youth cb. Don't think Jones will be a full time midfielder though.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
You're going to allow Moyes to buy two CMs and two CBs? Seems like a waste of money.

Wait for Kloppo.

Our squad has been bloated for the last few years. Makes sense to trim it down a bit, especially since we won't be playing midweek.

K1LLER7

No chance. 4 of those will be leaving on a free. Anderson is going for something like £5m right. Be surprised if we get to £10m for Nani.

Alot of wages freed up though, for sure.

Evra a free too?

Think we could get between 10-15m for Nani.

Not sure Ando, thought it would be around 7m.

Moyes must have some £££ to spend if all of these players are set to leave. Looking forward to seeing who comes in. Getting CL would be a massive boost :(

Scum

Moyes should start identifying targets as soon as, and then go for them the moment the window opens in June. No fucking around.

Our squad has been bloated for the last few years. Makes sense to trim it down a bit, especially since we won't be playing midweek.

:-/

Evra a free too?

Think we could get between 10-15m for Nani.

Not sure Ando, thought it would be around 7m.

Moyes must have some £££ to spend if all of these players are set to leave. Looking forward to seeing who comes in. Getting CL would be a massive boost :(

Pretty sure his contract is expiring, yeah.

I'd be surprised if we got that much for Nani. £10m and I'd take it at this stage.

Moyes will get a shitload of money. He's already had £60m.

K1LLER7

You're going to allow Moyes to buy two CMs and two CBs? Seems like a waste of money.

Wait for Kloppo.

ijNmzFrSfSTvc.gif

K1LLER7

Pretty sure his contract is expiring, yeah.

I'd be surprised if we got that much for Nani. £10m and I'd take it at this stage.

Moyes will get a shitload of money. He's already had £60m.

Big summer coming up. Think the Garay saga will come to an end finally lol.

No idea which midfielders he'll go for.

K1LLER7

We are definitely not signing Garay. Was Fergie's guy. Moyes won't go for it.
Hmm, you might be right. We are still being linked with him, so still a possibility. Was surprised about those Dante comments in January. Doubt anything will happen there though.

Zouma would've been a good buy :*(

Scum

Hmm, you might be right. We are still being linked with him, so still a possibility. Was surprised about those Dante comments in January. Doubt anything will happen there though.

Still can't believe Mou got him for £12m. :<

Danchi

Feel like there's been a lot of players available for reasonable prices this past year that would have strengthened Utd. Strootman and Guilavogui in central midfield. Ginter and Zouma in defense. Salah and Griezmann (could have been bought for less than Fellaini) if Utd still want to use wingers.

so they gave him away just so you can pay his wages while he recovers?
KuGsj.gif

fucking brilliant
KuGsj.gif

I meant as a Utd target lol. I should have quoted Scum's post.

Wilbur

Banned
Sad to see Vidic go, but it's time. One of my favourite players in the time we've had him. Hopefully he can put in some good performances between now and may so he doesn't leave on a bad note.

the English and their captain's armband
KuGsj.gif
<3

I think it was under Conte that Del Boy came on and Buffon gave gim the armband and Cinte lost his shit that they were doing that in the middle of a game.

Is the tourney in FL or round the country?

IIRC, they played some game in europe last pre-season as a qualifier and then some of the teams went to play in various stadiums around America in the knockout rounds.

I saw a list of fixtures a week ago, but didn't pay attention to where they were being played.

Wilbur

Banned
I see I've missed a lot of the United talk. Squad for next year:

De Gea
Lindegaard
Amos

Rafael
New RB (Vermijl)
Smalling
Jones
Evans
New CB
New CB (Keane)
New LB
New LB

Carrick
New CM
Fellaini
New CM (Powell)
Fletcher
Cleverley

Mata
Valencia
Rooney
Kagawa
Januzaj
New LM (Lingard)

van Persie
Welbeck
New ST (Henriquez)

Out:

Vidic
Evra
Ferdinand
Buttner
Giggs
Nani
Young
Hernandez

wedward

I see I've missed a lot of the United talk. Squad for next year:

De Gea
Lindegaard
Amos

Rafael
New RB (Vermijl)
Smalling
Jones
Evans
New CB
New CB (Keane)
New LB
New LB

Carrick
New CM
Fellaini
New CM (Powell)
Fletcher
Cleverley

Mata
Valencia
Rooney
Kagawa
Januzaj
New LM (Lingard)

Welbeck
New ST (Henriquez)

Out:

Vidic
Evra
Ferdinand
Buttner
Giggs
Nani
Young
Hernandez
RVP - to Arsenal

I can't see Young leaving. Where else will he get those wages?

Salazar

I'd think so, he'll focus fully on coaching I'd imagine.

Kicking off another round of adulatory bollocks, as if he's been doing everyone a saintly fucking favour by continuing to play football for Manchester United.

Excited about the rebuild. Can't target shite, though. You let in Tiote and before you know it Nzonzi is signing shit at the megastore.

Wilbur

Banned
Kicking off another round of adulatory bollocks, as if he's been doing everyone a saintly fucking favour by continuing to play football for Manchester United.

Excited about the rebuild. Can't target shite, though. You let in Tiote and before you know it Nzonzi is signing shit at the megastore.

There's a morbid curiosity about the entire thing, I must admit.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
^that pretty much confirms Bologna is going down this season.

There's a morbid curiosity about the entire thing, I must admit.
No pressure to win shit was really quite refreshing and liberating. Enjoy it while it lasts.

I was in college during our 2006-2010 era, it was perfect.
3AQmK.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom