• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT14| Juan Flew Into The Slug's Nest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fergie

Banned
Someone is using my gifs.

Yes!
ihgBPKrlX3ddx.gif

Outlast is pretty tame.

https://www.google.se/search?sa=G&tbm=isch&tbs=simg:CAQSYxphCxCo1NgEGgAMCxCwjKcIGjwKOggBEhTTAuoB9QLoAtgC5QHxAvIC_1gGNAhogu7SPkCBJVUT1qkTJ82bL_1ZP_1jphtIO0C94s7apm6bAsMCxCOrv4IGgoKCAgBEgS0ramrDA&ei=GRP0UrOQCevoywPBn4LwCg&ved=0CCQQwg4oAA&biw=1204&bih=678#facrc=_&imgdii=_&imgrc=AWkndiXAogCg3M%253A%3BPwUHK9GCEXf52M%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fstatic.goal.com%252F366500%252F366548_heroa.jpg%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fronaldocr7f.blogfa.com%252Ftag%252F%2525D8%2525B1%2525D8%2525A6%2525D8%2525A7%2525D9%252584-%2525D9%252585%2525D8%2525A7%2525D8%2525AF%2525D8%2525B1%2525DB%25258C%2525D8%2525AF-3-%2525E2%252580%252593-%2525D8%2525A7%2525D8%2525AA%2525D9%252584%2525D8%2525AA%2525DB%25258C%2525DA%2525A9%2525D9%252588-%2525D9%252585%2525D8%2525A7%2525D8%2525AF%2525D8%2525B1%2525DB%25258C%2525D8%2525AF-%2525D8%2525B5%2525D9%252581%2525D8%2525B1%3B620%3B430[IMG][/QUOTE]
[img]http://www.thecoli.com/styles/default/xenforo/smilies/rejoice.png

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
@Yurt and Zabo, do Juve struggle to fill the stadium? Was just reading about it
It's sold out 99.9% of the time

, and the 41,000 capacity seems a little low for an elite European team

juvereal9rz.jpg

Our old stadium was 70k, but we reduced it for various (obvious) reasons. The atmosphere is way better now.

Chelsea is still 41k, and they're as elite as they come.

Elchele

I used to be all for FFP, but given that the world is inherently unfair, this is maybe the only way for France to have a competitive, successful football team. It'll never be fair since there's teams with just a much bigger revenue or local advantage (see e.g. how much money even shit teams in EPL make).

I can see why Rummenigge is pushing for the FFP, right now the situation is ok but in the long-term prices will continue to get higher and higher if oil clubs aren't put under control. The whole thing could reach unsustainable levels at some point if stricter rules aren't applied.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Nooruddean ‏@BeardedGenius 1m
My personal choice for Manchester United captain would be Arturo Vidal.

I'm beginning to hate Man U fans

is this the effect of wearing OddMorsel's dead face?

Leatherface1974-1-.jpg

K1LLER7

Vidic: "I want to challenge myself again and make the best of myself in the coming years, my time at this great club will always rank as the best years of my career. I've got a few options and will choose the right one for me and my family." #mufc

-----

Adam Crafton ‏@AdamCrafton_ 6m
Understand that other contenders for captaincy Evra, Rio and Giggs also considering calling it a day in the summer. #mufc

GQman2121

Banned
I honestly didn't expect Vidic to leave.

It also sounds like Terry is going to sign a one year deal to stay with us before the end of the season.

Understand that other contenders for captaincy Evra, Rio and Giggs also considering calling it a day in the summer. #mufc

At this point they're holding the club back by hanging around. Carrick can be skipper.

He's going to earn 4.8m per season! Madness!
From who? Inter? I think he's gonna go to Gala.

Yep. He's not really cut out for the PL now. Best to go before he ends up like Ferdinand has been this year.

Vidic will maintain some semblance of sense about him.

Rio doesn't know what to do. He tried to love Moyes. Now he hates him. He wanted to go to the States. But nobody wants him. Dickhead.

kharma45

Time for them all to move on too. A lot of influential players going but we've still enough seniority in the squad to carry on and help young and new players.

Clegg

Been rumours for a few months that Vida would be leaving but I was kinda hoping it wouldn't be true. Can understand his decision as he ain't getting younger and probs past his best. Doesn't have it in him to go through a rebuild?

Time for them all to move on too. A lot of influential players going but we've still enough seniority in the squad to carry on and help young and new players.

Not sure about that.

Rooney and RVP are the senior men. Rooney, we know the drill. RVP is a mopey cunt too. Who else is there, Carrick, not really a leader. Then you're looking at the likes of Evans and Fletcher...who although well liked aren't what I'd call leaders.

I mean I think we'll be alright cos most of the younger players aren't pussies...but we'll be losing 3 seriously influential figures.

I think it's good cos they're not behind the manager so they can fuck off...but something has to fill the void.

Been rumours for a few months that Vida would be leaving but I was kinda hoping it wouldn't be true. Can understand his decision as he ain't getting younger and probs past his best. Doesn't have it in him to go through a rebuild?
I don't think he was given the choice.

Cahill is better CB than David Luiz

He has done really well under Mourinho so far. But he has had just as bad games as Luiz ever had for Chelsea, with his way too passive style allowing many goals since joining.

Luiz will get caught up the pitch trying to chase what is often considered an impossible ball for him to get and sometimes it's really dumb, but those chances he takes also so often leads to big Chelsea chances when he breaks up the play the way he does, he's just so fucking aggressive. People will only remember the times he has looked like a clown though, which is a shame.

Meanwhile Cahill will keep backing and backing until he's in his own goal net sometimes, which doesn't make him look quite as bad. He's more stable in the back with that attitude though and often manages to slow down their attacks a lot, but they have such wildly different styles and I know what I prefer.

He has done really well under Mourinho so far. But he has had just as bad games as Luiz ever had for Chelsea, with his way too passive style allowing many goals since joining.

Luiz will get caught up the pitch trying to chase what is often considered an impossible ball for him to get and sometimes it's really dumb, but those chances he takes also so often leads to big Chelsea chances when he breaks up the play the way he does, he's just so fucking aggressive. People will only remember the times he has looked like a clown though, which is a shame.

Meanwhile Cahill will keep backing and backing until he's in his own goal net sometimes, which doesn't make him look quite as bad. He's more stable in the back with that attitude though and often manages to slow down their attacks a lot, but they have such wildly different styles and I know what I prefer.
Cahill has come on a lot.

Luiz is getting sold anyway.

Scum

Not sure about that.

Rooney and RVP are the senior men. Rooney, we know the drill. RVP is a mopey cunt too. Who else is there, Carrick, not really a leader. Then you're looking at the likes of Evans and Fletcher...who although well liked aren't what I'd call leaders.

I mean I think we'll be alright cos most of the younger players aren't pussies...but we'll be losing 3 seriously influential figures.

I think it's good cos they're not behind the manager so they can fuck off...but something has to fill the void.

I don't think he was given the choice.
You're getting Rooney as captain and you'll like it.

kharma45

Not sure about that.

We're losing leaders in Vidic and Evra but I wasn't thinking it purely on that, more the experience they had and the influence it brings. Players like Carrick, who might not be the most vocal on the pitch, still have a vast wealth of experience to lean on and share with younger players to help them to adapt to a big stage.

Traditional football leadership wise I do think we're missing a hard man to scare and inspire but I think if I was to choose anyone to take over as captain I'd probably go RVP. Mopey at times yes but he did it well at Arsenal and he's not Rooney which is a plus.

Phil Jones as captain?

Too young.

Really? That's a shame.

Not behind the boss?
He was never offered an extension AFAIK, there were no reports of one anyway. And I think it makes sense they would rather let him leave now than offer him a new deal.

The second bit is my guess. I have a good feeling about it though.

Clegg

Vidic in his prime is one of the best defenders I've ever seen. Strong in the air and in the physical battle, good positioning and a great leader on the pitch. Hasn't been the same since his knee injuries though and if he isn't behind the manager then he has to go. If it's the case of just not having his contract renewed then that's fair enough too.

Means we need 2 new CB's with Rio going as well. Then two new cm's and a left back. Good luck with that, Moyes.

K1LLER7

Vidic in his prime is one of the best defenders I've ever seen. Strong in the air and in the physical battle, good positioning and a great leader on the pitch. Hasn't been the same since his knee injuries though and if he isntr behind the manager then he has to go.

Means we need 2 new CB's with Rio going as well. Then two new cm's and a left back. Good luck with that, Moyes.
Smalling, Evans, Jones, Garay(?)

should be enough at CB no?

Get a LB in.

2 new CM's too.

Rio, Vidic, Giggs, Evra, Ando and Nani(?) going should free up some wages and bring £15-30m in.

Vidic in his prime is one of the best defenders I've ever seen. Strong in the air and in the physical battle, good positioning and a great leader on the pitch. Hasn't been the same since his knee injuries though and if he isntr behind the manager then he has to go.

Do you really need 2 new CB's on top of Smalling, Phil Jones and Evans? Or is Phil Jones seen as a permanent midfielder now? I hope he is.

Rio, Vidic, Giggs, Evra, Ando and Nani(?) going should free up some wages and bring £15-30m in.

No chance. 4 of those will be leaving on a free. Anderson is going for something like £5m right. Be surprised if we get to £10m for Nani.

Alot of wages freed up though, for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom