• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT14| Juan Flew Into The Slug's Nest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rad-

Vidic at one point in his career was the best CB in the world imo. But this season has showed that he is past it for the PL.

I see I've missed a lot of the United talk. Squad for next year:

I doubt Young is going anywhere. He's on 100k+ until 2016. No way he's leaving that contract early; the fall in wages when he eventually does move will be huge.

Super annoying that the likes of Vidic, Kagawa, Nani and Chicharito will probably leave in the summer, while players like Young and Valencia probably stay. You could argue these aren't first team players but the quality of your squad players does matter.

I doubt Young is going anywhere. He's on 100k+ until 2016. No way he's leaving that contract early; the fall in wages when he eventually does move will be huge.

Super annoying that the likes of Vidic, Kagawa, Nani and Chicharito will probably leave in the summer, while players like Young and Valencia probably stay. You could argue these aren't first team players but the quality of your squad players does matter.

iB32VfA8gPuBW.gif

Zabojnik

Did you guys try Broken Age? It's really cool!

Proud backer here. Hope it does well for Double Fine, those guys deserve it.

It's really good, though it was made even better watching all fourteen of the documentary episodes preceding it. Can't wait for act two.

Couldn't agree more. The documentaries were excellent. Much like with Star Citizen and Project Eternity, when I back a project on Kickstarter, I'm basically paying to see how it's getting made. And boy, have I been getting my money's worth. The game is almost an extra. :p

Nyx

Ugh, almost never seen a ref as bad as the one who lead the Utrecht match yesterday...

If our luck doesn't turn around soon, battling to avoid relegation is a real possibility although I don't want to think about that yet...

Right move for Vidic and the club. I assume Rio and Evra are fucking off too.

I actually have a reasonable amount in our remaining CBs, I think Moyes just needs to get them playing well. However they need supplementing with another quality CB.

Left back is a much more urgent issue.

Now the captaincy issue: Not Rooney, not Evans.

I'd actually consider using RVP.

the man behind the investment fund that payed 45€ million for Rodrigo and André Gomes is Peter Lim, take a guess at what team thei're heading to in the summer.

also, Zenit offering a 4€ million salary to Garay in order to lure him in.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
I'll be going to the final for sure. Might have to buy the 2 day ticket in order to see United :/
You're a Miami bro too? *gives dap*

I wouldn't buy the two day ticket unless the 7th vs 8th place match is here
smiling_moon2.png

How hard is it to get tickets? It looks like I might be around America when this happens so I might jump on a plane and watch a couple of games!
They sell out really fast but there's always people selling at the last minute on stubhub.com, craigslist, ticketmaster ticketexchange, etc...

Blablurn

Most underrated Bayern player for years. He is by far our best defender but lacks pace and yet he is the most important person inside the squad as he holds many groups of players together. He is already a legend.

Yo! Without him Ribery would have probably left us already.

Lightning

Banned
I would have been pretty happy with that at the time. Hindsight eh?
I wouldn't have been. Even now I wouldn't want that deal. Walcott will get you 20 goals and 10+ assists every season. He's so fucking hard to replace, even now you can see the difference in our squad with him not there.

Walcott is non transferable for me. We should never consider selling him.

DBT85

Moyes should start identifying targets as soon as, and then go for them the moment the window opens in June. No fucking around.

:-/

You can arrange transfers whenever the fuck you want. It just can't go through until the window.

sohois

I would have been pretty happy with that at the time. Hindsight eh?

If it were made in the final days of the transfer window then Liverpool probably wouldn't have had time to use the money, though it would have seemed a good deal at the time. Really would like to see Walcott at Liverpool.

Kenny reportedly had a deal all lined up for him before he was sacked, shame it didn't get to go through.

Lightning

Banned
If it were made in the final days of the transfer window then Liverpool probably wouldn't have had time to use the money, though it would have seemed a good deal at the time. Really would like to see Walcott at Liverpool.

Kenny reportedly had a deal all lined up for him before he was sacked, shame it didn't get to go through.
That deal would have been a nightmare for Arsenal.

No Ozil, lose Walcott and lose 40m and gain Suarez? Yeah that's not a winner.

Right move for Vidic and the club. I assume Rio and Evra are fucking off too.

I actually have a reasonable amount in our remaining CBs, I think Moyes just needs to get them playing well. However they need supplementing with another quality CB.

Left back is a much more urgent issue.

It's about opportunity cost for me. I can see us really struggling without at least two quality CM additions next season. Carrick is about to enter his mid thirties, Fellaini hasn't convinced, there's no guarantee about Fletcher, Jones will be needed in defence now, Giggs will probably retire, Anderson is hooked on Italian food and the less said about Cleverley the better. At least two.

I would've given Vidic another year in order to properly rehabilitate that midfield in the summer, but we'll see how it goes.

I wouldn't have been. Even now I wouldn't want that deal. Walcott will get you 20 goals and 10+ assists every season. He's so fucking hard to replace, even now you can see the difference in our squad with him not there.

Walcott is non transferable for me. We should never consider selling him.

Have you ever watched Arsenal and Theo once??? You constantly talk out of your arse on him and have never seen how poor he is. Theo can not create anything on his own.

Theo has two goals once and that is including all competitions. I think 5 of those were in the carling cup. He got a lot of assists with RVP because he can take any ball and score a goal.

Theo is so one dimensional. Theo has no skill. He only can complete .7 dribbles a game. Gnabry puts defenders under pressure than Theo.

Lightning

Banned
Have you ever watched Arsenal and Theo once??? You constantly talk out of your arse on him and have never seen how poor he is. Theo can not create anything on his own.

Theo has two goals once and that is including all competitions. I think 5 of those were in the carling cup. He got a lot of assists with RVP because he can take any ball and score a goal.

Theo is so one dimensional. Theo has no skill. He only can complete .7 dribbles a game. Gnabry puts defenders under pressure than Theo.
If anyone's talking out of their ass it's you.

Gnabry? Fuck...

Hahaha, that is crazy. He kinda kissed his world cup chances goodbye.

Pretty much. I always thought he would end up in some Italian team (probably either Milan or Juve, even Roma had a chance), going to China will be great for his wallet, not so much for his career. He's the typical player that could've done a lot more with his career if some big clubs actually believed in him.

Salazar

Telegraph Football ‏@TeleFootball 1m
Interview with Fulham defender Brede Hangeland: "I'm just an ordinary guy who happens to play football"

lol

You play for Fulham. Nobody was under the impression you are a god.

If anyone's talking out of their ass it's you.

Gnabry? Fuck...

Gnabry runs AT defenders and tries to do something. He puts them under pressure. Walcott tries to knock the ball around defenders and run around players. Walcott is too predictable.

There was a great piece about Owen once saying he was only good becausw of his speed. He didn't have enough overall skill/intelligence to get by. When injuries robbed him off his speed he was finished as a top player. Inzaghi/Klose were still productuve at advance ages because of their intelligence.

When Walcott loses his speed he will be finished. Hansen was spot on about him lacking football intelligence.

I had hoped he would have learnt one piece of skill at Arsenal but nope absplutely nothing.

Arnie

Got my Emirates ticket despite them slashing our allocation.

Behind the goal, so if I skrike loud enough Mert will feel my spit on the back of his gangly chassis.

Lightning

Banned
Gnabry runs AT defenders and tries to do something. He puts them under pressure. Walcott tries to knock the ball around defenders and run around players. Walcott is too predictable.

There was a great piece about Owen once saying he was only good becausw of his speed. He didn't have enough overall skill/intelligence to get by. When injuries robbed him off his speed he was finished as a top player. Inzaghi/Klose were still productuve at advance ages because of their intelligence.

When Walcott loses his speed he will be finished. Hansen was spot on about him lacking football intelligence.

I had hoped he would have learnt one piece of skill at Arsenal but nope absplutely nothing.
Walcott has 5 goals and 4 assists from 9 starts and 4 sub appearances. It's very noticeable that we're a much better team and more of a threat when Theo is playing. Theo's pace is key, his crossing has improved greatly and his finishing is excellent. And you bring up Owen? His footballing brain has told him we're not even going to finish in the top 4 this season. Objectivity goes out the door with that idiot. Walcott's intelligence and finishing have improved greatly over the past 2 years and I'm not concerned the type of player he will be in 5 or 6 years time when he loses his pace, I'm concerned with what he brings now and that's 20+ goals a year and 10+ assists when fully fit.

I am not going to keep having the same Walcott argument with you. Your opinion of Walcott goes in the same place as your opinion of Wenger. You're entitled to your opinion but I think you're wrong.

3Sixty

Is Gnabry vs Theo even a thing? Everytime I've seen Gnabry he's looked bang average and been shut down by any half decent full back.

Got my Emirates ticket despite them slashing our allocation.

Behind the goal, so if I skrike loud enough Mert will feel my spit on the back of his gangly chassis.
How much were tickets? I'd love to go to the Emirates one day (I've been before, but that was the emirates cup)

Feorax

Walcott has 5 goals and 4 assists from 9 starts and 4 sub appearances. It's very noticeable that we're a much better team and more of a threat when Theo is playing. Theo's pace is key, his crossing has improved greatly and his finishing is excellent. And you bring up Owen? His footballing brain has told him we're not even going to finish in the top 4 this season. Objectivity goes out the door with that idiot. Walcott's intelligence and finishing have improved greatly over the past 2 years and I'm not concerned the type of player he will be in 5 or 6 years time when he loses his pace, I'm concerned with what he brings now and that's 20+ goals a year and 10+ assists when fully fit.

I am not going to keep having the same Walcott argument with you. Your opinion of Walcott goes in the same place as your opinion of Wenger. You're entitled to your opinion but I think you're wrong.

I completely agree. If there's one player I'm glad isn't playing tomorrow, it's Theo.

I remember last season when we played you at the Emirates, he was incredible to drag you guys back from 2-0 down.

Is Gnabry vs Theo even a thing? Everytime I've seen Gnabry he's looked bang average and been shut down by any half decent full back.

We have Cissokho tbf...

GHG

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-5j2k6yTyo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kwt0cczndh8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0QPR3QAx8LM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DA1SwY-X_yI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=858GzTEKk3M#t=188

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=858GzTEKk3M#t=255

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6Dl2xh3nPI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1zcwaPXiS8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4khL4xWdyCY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0N4xKtVp2o

I have to ask, have you even supported Arsenal for that long Shanks? You seem very misguided when it comes to the topic of Walcott.

Fuck Gnabry. He isn't going to move mountains this year, next year, or even the year after. We need Theo and I'd much rather he be fit for our title run in than some unproven (albeit very talented) kid.

I was bringing up Owen because Owen was nothing without pace. Walcott is one serious injury away from being another Owen. And I wonder how fast he will be when he comes back.

He is not a 20 goals a season guy. In his two fully fit seasons he has scored 8 and 14 league goals. 4 of the 5 league goals this season have been scored in two games.

Walcott is not indispensable to the team. He is not world class. he is an above average player and nothing more. He punishes slow and sloppy defenders, but anyone half decent can handle him. A good player to have in your squad, but starting??? Nope.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom