• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT14| Juan Flew Into The Slug's Nest

Status
Not open for further replies.
we were so pathetic. Fair play to Copenhagen.

You were decent, but Wiland was in God mode.

ifjaYr05Hll6C.gif

Wilbur

Banned
Good film that. Jackman was awesome.

knew the granny was gonna be involved and I don't like the actor either, and there was that silly last ditch drive to the hospital, but was really good overall

Arnie

Non mainstay has to be Philipp Degen. Oh dear.
I think Degen made a handful of appearances for us but I remember his face winding me up before he even touched ball. Once he'd indeed touched the ball I was understandably fuming.

But as Hitch has said with Cissokho it's something different, it's something from the motor neurones, upwards.
Djimi Traore, Champions League winner. His best ever game was the final as well.
Poetic and beautiful.

Like the man himself.

We have worse players than Carroll right now

Overpriced and overhyped =/= bad
Some people on here would be fuming if their team won an FA Cup at the expense of two premier league points so I'm not going to even try to describe what that goal against Everton felt like. Those goals, in fact.

And we got West Ham to bail us out.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Good film that. Jackman was awesome.

knew the granny was gonna be involved and I don't like the actor either, and there was that silly last ditch drive to the hospital, but was really good overall

you KILLED the suspense and the whole point of the movie by reading the full story on Wikipedia

YOU KILLED IT NATHAN

glad you loved it bb! It was fucking brilliant! And jtb loved it too, so it must be good.

Barzul

Someone made a combined Arsenal-Liverpool lineup on BR and the only Liverpool players where Suarez and Sturridge. He's getting a lot of hate from Liverpool fans, but funnily enough he's a Liverpool fan.

------Sturridge
Cazorla----Ozil----Suarez
----Wilshere---Ramsey
Gibbs---Mert---Kosc----Sagna

Someone made a combined Arsenal-Liverpool lineup on BR and the only Liverpool players where Suarez and Sturridge. He's getting a lot of hate from Liverpool fans, but funnily enough he's a Liverpool fan.

------Sturridge
----Wilshere---Ramsey

That'd be my team tbh

Replace Wilshere for Arteta or Flamini to make it a functioning team

Arnie

------Sturridge
----Wilshere---Ramsey

Henderson has been far more impressive than Wilshere this season but other than that I'd agree.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I don't know about Cazorla this season tbh

----------Sturridge---
-------Ozil---Suarez----
---Hendo--Ramsey---Wilshere
-----[no one from Liverpool]
---------------Mig---------

in big games: Ozil out and Sterling in

Boumsong
Marlet
Santos
Rebrov

Couple more names in the hat.

Lol, pls. That's the highest goal scorer in the history of the Ukrainian League, instrumental player in Dynamo's CL runs. 26 goals in 3 CL runs. A few bad years in England doesn't suddenly make someone one of the worst players ever.

Kinan will likely have a stroke if he sees your post.

Wilbur

Banned
you KILLED the suspense and the whole point of the movie by reading the full story on Wikipedia

YOU KILLED IT NATHAN

glad you loved it bb! It was fucking brilliant! And jtb loved it too, so it must be good.

http://letterboxd.com/nathanrb61/film/prisoners/

Shit was signposted anyway; acting and the look of the film was the best thing about it. Plot was good but nothing spectacular, reading Wikipedia ruined nothing

forgot large bits of it anyway, the bit with the other kid in captivity and stuff. Pretty obvious granny is the real villain though early on

Wilbur

Banned

----------Sturridge---
-------Ozil---Suarez----

Sczezsny has been far more impressive than Mig this year honeydew

Arnie

Shit was signposted anyway; acting and the look of the film was the best thing about it. Plot was good but nothing spectacular, reading Wikipedia ruined nothing

forgot large bits of it anyway, the bit with the other kid in captivity and stuff. Pretty obvious granny is the real villain though early on

just an fyi I went in blind and knew nothing until things began to unfold

I think I watched it with a headache and I was super tired so I was never going to be Sherlock, but I usually spot shit like this. For example I think Shutter Island is one of the worst films I've ever watched because I guessed the twist in about 15 minutes.

bobito

Banned

----------Sturridge---
-------Ozil---Suarez----

Come on yurt.

Arnie

Wilshere is an odd one, in spurts he has been better then Henderson.

But Henderson has been more consistent
Wilshere spends 80% of the game on the floor crying like a three year old not allowed to sit in the Morrisons trolley.

Henderson spends 100% of the game just trucking around the pitch like a rhinoceros late for his train.

Gibbs vs Sterling should be a good battle tomorrow. Hopefully Flanagan will be able to deal with Cazorla without too much help, can see Sterling needing to back him up constantly solely due to Cazorla's ambidexterity

Barzul

----------Sturridge---
-------Ozil---Suarez----

Mignolet has not been as good as Szczesny this season.

bobito

Banned
Wilshere spends 80% of the game on the floor crying like a three year old not allowed to sit in the Morrisons trolley.

Henderson spends 100% of the game just trucking around the pitch like a rhinoceros late for his train.

The other 20% is spent mouthing off at whoever is in his 10m radius, it's a shame dr wenger broke him like so many others.

I like Henderson, hope he plays for England rather then gerrard

Yurt

il capo silenzioso

I enjoyed the moral ambiguity

did he or did he not? Is this okay? Would I go this far when someone kidnaps my kids?

the dog scene :(

thanks, I'll read it now!

Really good summary of the legal tête-à-tête on the Andy Carroll arbitration

The red card could not have been overturned with West Ham arguing for a “stay” on the decision while a new hearing was convened so that Carroll could play in their forthcoming matches. The club were desperate for the England international, who has been injured for most of the season, to be available for today’s match and the fixture against Norwich in particular which they regard as relegation six-pointers.

The FA argued that the card could only be overturned if Webb had made an “obvious error” but West Ham challenged this claiming “the regulatory commission has applied the wrong test” and that this fell into the remit of guidance rather than a rule. The club said that under the FA rules (Section 5(c) of Section A of the Disciplinary Procedures) that the incident should have been looked as to “whether any sanction of a suspension from play is one which should be imposed in view of the facts of the case”.

The FA had countered that there was no right to an oral hearing and their solicitors Charles Russell said Webb’s action could only be deemed “wrongful it if plainly falls outside the range of decisions reasonably open to him”.

The FA has put the issue of ‘simulation’ to the stakeholders before but it was rejected with the Professional Footballers' Association, in particular, opposing the move. This caused frustration at the FA, which is not averse to reintroducing the debate although there is an acceptance that it is hard to prove. The FA would welcome guidance from the PFA to its members. The organisation is also relieved that the Carroll case is now closed and is pleased with the statement from West Ham that “we respect the rules of football and shall abide by them”.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom