• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT14| Juan Flew Into The Slug's Nest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arnie

@Liverpool fans, what do we do with Coutinho tomorrow?

I think he should sit on the bench because he's been shit for 90% of the games he's played this season.

Allen is fit. Allen coincided with the most assured performance this team - and this midfield - has produced all season. He has to play. Sturridge and Suarez have to play for the Everton factor, and Sterling's been undroppable. Not to mention that during the Everton game it was usually the threat, run or sheer pressure of Sterling that enabled Suarez and Sturridge to go and do what they did.

Shame we have to go another big game with Kolo. I love him but he's fucking barmy.

Feorax

Arsenal are playing in their yellow away kit tomorrow, right?

We'll just tell Suarez we're playing Norwich at home again. We'll be fine,

I think he should sit on the bench because he's been shit for 90% of the games he's played this season.

Allen is fit. Allen coincided with the most assured performance this team - and this midfield - has produced all season. He has to play. Sturridge and Suarez have to play for the Everton factor, and Sterling's been undroppable. Not to mention that during the Everton game it was usually the threat, run or sheer pressure of Sterling that enabled Suarez and Sturridge to go and do what they did.

Shame we have to go another big game with Kolo. I love him but he's fucking barmy.

Inclined to agree, and push Henderson further up, have him basically piss Arsenal's midfielders off by sprinting around like a mentalist

Coutinho;s West Brom performance was worrying, in his other games its ofte just been the passing that's slightly off-target, overhit or not quite making it through the eye of the needle. Against West Brom though he was trying passes that were clearly never there to be made, even passing it straight to West Brom players stood right in front of him. Unless you can make your opponent Disapparate, that's just bad play, and a breakdown of the basics.

http://www.ccmb.co.uk/fudforum/index.php?t=msg&th=383210&start=0&rid=0

hlmeAXV.jpg

Barzul

I think tomorrow (and Man Utd) is very important, if we win, people will start showing a lot less skepticism about our title challenge.

Arnie

Cornelius is hilarious.

A player that not only failed so hilariously in the premier league on that back of so much hype, but looks exactly like Meth Damon. And he's gone back to Denmark to be Messi again. What a character.

TeddyBoy

Arsenal are playing in their yellow away kit tomorrow, right?

We'll just tell Suarez we're playing Norwich at home again. We'll be fine,

Looool Feorax pls.

We need the SAS on form tomorrow for any result.

Drop Coutinho and replace with Allen B-Rod!

Cornelius is hilarious.

A player that not only failed so hilariously in the premier league on that back of so much hype, but looks exactly like Meth Damon. And he's gone back to Denmark to be Messi again. What a character.

You will get to see him be Zlatan in Champions League soon enough too baby. Was never given a chance for that shit team, then sold back by Solskjær for cheap cause he's bro's with Solbakken.

Cornelius is hilarious.

Says all there is really about the Danish League. After we played Nordsjaelland earlier this season Arshavin called them the weakest team he's ever faced except possibly when we played a club from Andorra 10+ years ago.

Yen

Google Now seems to think I'm an Everton fan. Gosh, I'm so embarrassed.

Really not feeling good about tomorrow. Think Arsenal will win 2-0. We've played fairly dreadfully against the two brummie teams and I fear fatigue may be setting in. I expect our midfield to be overrun, and for Kolo to poop himself under pressure - I'll think he'll be targeted. Sturridge and Suarez need to be in beast mode to get anything out of this.

Scum

Cornelius is hilarious.

Says alot about the Premier League really.

Arnie

Says all there is really about the Danish League.

You know me, I love to highlight a weak footballing nation.

Regarding tomorrow's team selection and tomorrow's match it's not the be all and end all. Unlike West Brom I won't be crushed if we lose; Arsenal are the best team in the league at the moment and their defence is unbelievable. Saying that, if there's ever a team to defy that it's Liverpool at Anfield. Suarez and Sturridge don't really do statistics, they just aren't all that in to them.

and we've got sweet brendan making us all happy again

brendan-rodgers-011.jpg

Really not feeling good about tomorrow. Think Arsenal will win 2-0. We've played fairly dreadfully against the two brummie teams and I fear fatigue may be setting in. I expect our midfield to be overrun, and for Kolo to poop himself under pressure - I'll think he'll be targeted. Sturridge and Suarez need to be in beast mode to get anything out of this.

If Toure's ever played as the right-hand CB, we should have tried him out there after Sakho's injury. As it is, our two weak defenders are stuck next to eachother being targetted, while our two strong ones are all but bypassed in comparison

Barzul

Your biggest weaknesses will be Kolo, Gerrard and Cissokho. If we can exploit them, I feel good about our chances.

FootballFan

Says all there is really about the Danish League. After we played Nordsjaelland earlier this season Arshavin called them the weakest team he's ever faced except possibly when we played a club from Andorra 10+ years ago.

I'd like to see Arshavin play against Midtyland and say that. Nielsen would break him in half.

Elchele

Jupp Heynckes interview, I translated some parts of it:

jupp-heynckes-bayern-munich.jpg

(Ter Stegen lives next to his house. He is a very confident and mature goalkeeper and he would sign him right away (in question if Barcelona should sign him). Neuer is the best, but ter Stegen is a great person, very humble and has an extraordinary personality/character. He will need support from the coach.)

Are Bayern the best team in the world right now?

I don't see a better team anywhere else. Although if Messi gets in form again, that could change. By the way, what opinion do you guys have about Thiago? I know his father very well, Mazinho, a great player. Thiago has a very good head, he's a great footballer but he always wanted to prove how good he is. Now in Bayern he has it easier: in Barcelona he always was the 'second' of Xavi or Iniesta.

Pep is a very smart man, he knew “I have to pick the best team in the world” No Chelsea, nor Manchester City. He only had to learn german

(He thinks the FIFA best coach award should be for the whole technical team and not just the coach.)

Did you had a chance to be Barcelona’s coach at some point in your career?
Yes, it was one year before I joined Real Madrid. Cruyff ended his term in 96. I had a contract from 95 until 97 with Tenerife. At the end of the 95/96 season, some people from Barcelona came to Tenerife to offer me a contract for two seasons. I had one more year with my team [Tenerife] so I said no, I wasn’t going to break my contract. “Do you know we are Barcelona?”, they answered. One year later I went to Real Madrid. But yes, I would have liked to be Barcelona’s coach.

Did Barcelona called you, after Tito stepped down?
No.

What if they had called you?
Mi wife would have showed me the red card! There’s a life after football!

How much football do you watch now?
That depends on my wife, my dog, my friends, food… sometimes I’m tired and I just fell sleep in front of the TV at night. I’m a Barcelona fan, since many years ago, from the time when Johan Cruyff came to Barcelona as a player. [He talks about Cruyff from his early days until he won the League and Cup in Feyenoord as a 36 years old, he looked like a general on the pitch, telling all the players what to do. Extraordinary]

I watch football depending on who is playing. I watch football that I like: Barcelona, Real Madrid, “Turin” [Juventus] because Arturo Vidal, one of my players, plays there. I don’t have much interest in english football, I don’t know why… maybe they some times play good football like Manchester United, in previous years… now not [note: LOOOOOOL].

The secret of football.

Teams like Sacchi’s Milan, van Gaal’s Ajax, Cruyff’s Barcelona, Pep and Tito’s Barcelona had mutual respect between the players, both as professionals and as human beings. That marks the difference because they play as a team, because they understand each other perfectly, because most of them have been playing together for many years. This is the secret, players have to understand each other inside and outside of the pitch. We had this last year at Bayern, there was an amazing atmosphere in the team.

What do you think of Tata Martino?
I don’t know him well. I only knew him by name, I don’t know how he works or what philosophy he has. But when Barcelona signs you, you must be a great coach.

And what about Mourinho?
He has two faces: one inside and one outside [of the pitch?]. I get along very well with him, he has always been very respectful with me. We get along very well.

Source: http://www.mundodeportivo.com/20140...es-ter-stegen-lo-ficharia-ya_54399996303.html (spanish)

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
You're all embarrassing. Please.

Stop stroking juniors' egos. They don't deserve it. Scum like Batigol deserve punishment.

I quoted them both, and was going to say something too

but then I realised my post was permaban material

Yen

Your biggest weaknesses will be Kolo, Gerrard and Cissokho. If we can exploit them, I feel good about our chances.
Cissokho is fairly decent in defence, pretty clumsy sure, but fine when compared to when he's on the ball (amazingly atrocious).
As for Gerrard, I don't think Arsenal's pressing will be a huge problem, but in the first half (roughly) he will charge forward like a mad hoor. Then he'll be tired out in the second half and forced to sit back. Maybe you can press the crap out of him.

Edit: I'm giving Cissokho too much credit. His positioning is dreadful and he will get caught up the field.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I watch football depending on who is playing. I watch football that I like:“Turin” [Juventus] because Arturo Vidal, one of my players, plays there)

I LOVE YOU JUPP BABY

I'm so glad it was YOU who fucking raped us <3<3

K1LLER7

I watch football depending on who is playing. I watch football that I like: Barcelona, Real Madrid, &#8220;Turin&#8221; [Juventus] because Arturo Vidal, one of my players, plays there. I don&#8217;t have much interest in english football, I don&#8217;t know why&#8230; maybe they some times play good football like Manchester United, in previous years&#8230; now not

aeNYLMO_460sa.gif

Arnie

That Di Cap image gets me every time.

So, so good.

Inversely, Cissokho is so, so bad.

Probably the worst mainstay defender I've seen in a red shirt since Djimi Traore.

Both have the power to make me laugh.

Feorax

In an ideal world, I'd like to see Cissokho dropped for Allen and play Sterling at RB and Flanno LB.

As I think someone has already said on here though, the chances of that happening at home to Arsenal are slim to none.

So, so good.

Probably the worst mainstay defender I've seen in a red shirt since Djimi Traore.

Ungainly is the best word for Cissokho. Even people who were shit at PE could control their own legs. Its like he has to think about planting his foot solidly and running in a straight line

Scum

Speaking of bad players, who has been the worst anyone here has seen playing at any club?

Titus Bramble.

L1NETT

So, so good.

Non mainstay has to be Philipp Degen. Oh dear.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
http://i.minus.com/ibxjPd0e1wrk7k.gif[IMG]

The realest of reals.[/QUOTE]

we were so pathetic. Fair play to Copenhagen.

[quote="Scum, post: 100007279"]Speaking of bad players, who has been the worst anyone here has seen playing at any club?

Titus Bramble.[/QUOTE]

Iniesta

Yen

So, so good.

Djimi Traore, Champions League winner. His best ever game was the final as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom