• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT14| Juan Flew Into The Slug's Nest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blablurn

Kroos definite going? Such a super talented player. Where's Lahm in there?

I was thinking about 2016-2017 Bayern. Lahm is class but there should be some replacement at one point. Same with Dante, Ribery and Robben. I think Kroos will leave. hojbjerg will succeed him.

I don't think WBA will get smashed but it's gonna be tough to get a point.

I think in the long run they will be ok but a huge loss would really hurt them.

Keeping Suarez and Sturridge with Gerrard and Coutinho in the midfield down to one or two goals is no easy task. If they weren't playing Liverpool I could see it, but this is either going to be an upset or a thrashing. There are very few other results with Liverpool this season.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
what's with Seedorf and viruses :lol

Seedorf has worked with many great tacticians and was asked whether his man-management style was more Carlo Ancelotti than Fabio Capello.

“At the end of the day, all your Coaches ‘infect’ you with something! I think dialogue with players is very important, as you learn things and they feel part of the project. I love it and I believe they consider it to be positive too.”

a few weeks ago

Seedorf: “Milan might have been infected with a virus, but the anti-virus has already arrived”

Gambit

I wonder how long Ribery and Robben can keep their pace. Both are around the same age. Both contributed big time in the past but it's time to think about a plan B. Is Shaqiri the right successor for Ribery? Probably not. Could Draxler be the right guy? Maybe. He just needs at least one consistent season though. Too bad we don't have any good wingers in the youth.

Btw, did you guys see Stuttgarts Werner? He seemed pretty good. Very fast too. He should go to Dortmund to get some of Klopps school. In 2, 3 years he should be ready for us then.

Should we use Götze on the wing? He did it great against Stuttgart but he should stay in the middle i guess.

-----Lewa---

?---Götze--Thiago---?

---Martinez---

Alaba--- ? --- Boateng ---

---Neuer

Lahm is not the youngest anymore either. Schweinsteiger is probably done. The next 2, 3 years will be entertaining. If we keep Pep and win some titles, players will love to join us. Hopefully we won't fuck it up.

Personally, I think Kroos will stay. He just wants to be valued by the higher-ups (except for Sammer, who already values him) and of course he wants money. He will run through the end of his contract in any case.

On the other hand, I think under Pep Martinez is finished as well. That's why I think Thiago will move back a little further. Furthermore, Shaq will not be able to succeed Ribery. Müller will of course stay and keep playing. We will never get another defender like Lahm, so he will leave a huge hole in the line-up. I really have no idea who could possibly fill it. Maybe that's something Shaq could do? (This is a complete guess, just to find some use for him)

-----Lewa---

(Draxler)---Kroos--Götze---Müller

---Thiago---

Alaba--- (Badstuber) --- Boateng --- (Shaq?)

---Neuer

Blablurn

Personally, I think Kroos will stay. He just wants to be valued by the higher-ups (except for Sammer, who already values him) and of course he wants money. He will run through the end of his contract in any case.

On the other hand, I think under Pep Martinez is finished as well. That's why I think Thiago will move back a little further. Furthermore, Shaq will not be able to succeed Ribery. Müller will of course stay and keep playing. We will never get another defender like Lahm, so he will leave a huge hole in the line-up. I really have no idea who could possibly fill it. Maybe that's something Shaq could do? (This is a complete guess, just to find some use for him)

-----Lewa---

(Draxler)---Kroos--Götze---Müller

---Thiago---

Alaba--- (Badstuber) --- Boateng --- (Shaq?)

---Neuer

Shaq on Lahms position is almost Van Gaal-esque. I can kinda see it. But I think he would rather leave than playing defender. Shaq seems like a Liverpool kind of player. I can see him going there. You really think Martinez is done? Damn. Or maybe he will find his role as a CB in the end. Replacing Dante.

Carbonox

Time to leave the stench of Kinnear's rim and head off to San Francisco. Super Bowl party tonight, amerikuh pls.

Enjoy y'allselves.

Salazar

Enjoy y'allselves.

ODgJUsc.jpg

Bricking it

Genuinely feels like a match where if we win, we'll finish fourth, if we don't, we won't. I know that's stupid since we could lose and still be ahead of the pack, but we need more room for error and momentum. Would make a fine day for some SAS magic.

Flashbacks of going to the Hawthorns last season too. Eugh.

Zabojnik

Bricking it

Genuinely feels like a match where if we win, we'll finish fourth, if we don't, we won't. I know that's stupid since we could lose and still be ahead of the pack, but we need more room for error and momentum. Would make a fine day for some SAS magic.

An easy 0-3.

TeddyBoy

Bricking it

I'm not totally concerned, West Brom had Lukaku last season. Now who do they have?

The matchs that are "we win, we're top 4", aren't this one. Those are the games at Stoke were we've historically always played badly. We've got better players than West Brom and are on better form. We just need to play our football and the score should take care of itself.

GorillaJu

We lost 0-3 to WBA in Rodgers' first league game as a Liverpool manager. Let's not fool ourselves into thinking this is going to be an easy jog in the park.

Apparently Dnipro said the reason they didn't sell Konoplyanka to Liverpool is because they didn't receive the money before the deadline.

"It's not our fault, representatives of Liverpool could arrive a day or two earlier"

http://fcdnipro.com/news/rusol-anglichane-prosto-ne-uspeli-609.html

Nonsense, surely. The signatures are what matters, not the bank transfer. Once the congtract was signed,we'd have been legally bound to make sure they got their money, pre or post 11pm

TeddyBoy

We lost 0-3 to WBA in Rodgers' first league game as a Liverpool manager. Let's not fool ourselves into thinking this is going to be an easy jog in the park.

They had Lukaku then, now they have Anichbe.

We had Jonjo Shelvey then, now with have Coutinho.

I'm not saying we just have to show up to win, but they're in the relegation zone for a reason. This isn't a Stoke or a top half team. We shouldn't take games for granted, but anything other than three points here will ultimately be disappointing.

Nonsense, surely. The signatures are what matters, not the bank transfer. Once the congtract was signed,we'd have been legally bound to make sure they got their money, pre or post 11pm

I don't know how it works. To me this makes more sense than their president refusing to sell, as they mention the clause in his contract there and say he couldn't keep the player.

I don't know how it works. To me this makes more sense than their president refusing to sell, as they mention the clause in his contract there and say he couldn't keep the player.

I imagine they delayed the actual signing as they were retiscent to losing him mid-season, and are using this as a 'it couldn't be done before the deadline lol' reason, rather than just saying that they wasted a lot of our time and fucked up our chances of getting someone else in. Unless we've got an agreement in place to sign him in the summer, Dnipro can fuck off.

Gambit

Shaq on Lahms position is almost Van Gaal-esque. I can kinda see it. But I think he would rather leave than playing defender. Shaq seems like a Liverpool kind of player. I can see him going there. You really think Martinez is done? Damn. Or maybe he will find his role as a CB in the end. Replacing Dante.

I just have that feeling that Martinez is not up to the task of a sole "number 6" in Pep's system. If they kept two of them like last year, then he and Schweini would still be my preferred choice. By far.
In fact, I felt much more secure with the two of them. Still, if the position is reduced a single player no-one at Bayern is better suited for it than Lahm. Imo, of course.

We are coming hoam!

BfdaZzrCEAEmZMz.jpg:large

It's about time!

Feorax

I'd feel a lot better about today if we weren 't playing Arsenal next week. If we don't get the result today, then Arsenal is hardly the fixture to bounce back.

Labadal

I feel very nervous. It would be typical Liverpool moment to follow up a 4-0 victory with a 3-0 loss.

I'd feel a lot better about today if we weren 't playing Arsenal next week. If we don't get the result today, then Arsenal is hardly the fixture to bounce back.

Oh shit, didn't realise we had them next week. I was happy about Spurs playing Everton as well :(

Man Utd's game is a writeoff there as well, home to Fulham. I assume Arsenal will beat us without Lucas tbh.

Still, one game at a time and all that :p

Lightning

Banned
Oh shit, didn't realise we had them next week. I was happy about Spurs playing Everton as well :(

Man Utd's game is a writeoff there as well, home to Fulham. I assume Arsenal will beat us without Lucas tbh.

Oh yeah because all our guns are firing.... What's the odds on us getting Pulis in our game? If we don't get 3 points from palace I will be fuming.

Feorax

Don't get me wrong, it's not a foregone conclusion thay we lose that game. Arsenal are missing some important players, and I doubt we'll set up like we did last time, which is probably about 80% of the reason the away fixture went the way it did.

I'd just much rather have that 4 point cushion going into that game.

I wouldn't trust Liverpool, good on that fine Ukrainian businessman for not giving in to your mob methods.

Arnie

Anyone with much knowledge of hotels in Chester? Random I know.
Ahaha.

All I know is there's a banging takeaway (contains the word Lagoon) opposite a roundabout that does a top chips and gravy.

And if you're going out go Rosie's rather than Cruise.

Woke up feeling like shit, had to cancel some plans which subsequently made me feel worse.

Please, Liverpool, do it for my mental well being.

pulga

Banned
why is a poster in the harry potter thread trying to drag me into a shipping war
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif

pls i dont understand

Feorax

I keep seeing people say we won't go back for Konoplyanka in the summer. Whilst I agree in principle we might not want to deal with Dnipro again, abandoning the deal altogether makes little sense.

1. He was a summer target originally anyway.

2. He will be cheaper in the summer, as he'll be on his last year.

3. We've just sent a delegation to the Ukraine, why not try and agree a deal in principle for the summer so we can get him in as soon as the window opens?

There might be more competition for him then, but tough shit. That's what happens when you want to be one of the big boys in football.

Oh shittttttttttttt. Just saw Crixus with his eye patch in The Arrow.

Manu Bennett is now my personal favourite to play solid snake/big boss in any MGS film. He looked perfect for the role.

Hummels:
"I don't need to play for the best team in the world, just to have kind of a guarantee to win titles. I'd prefer winning one CL title with BVB to winning six with another club."

Mats pls

I love you baby

pulga

Banned
Oh shittttttttttttt. Just saw Crixus with his eye patch in The Arrow.

Manu Bennett is now my personal favourite to play solid snake/big boss in any MGS film. He looked perfect for the role.

urge to post caity lotz gifs rising

when is this shit not considered a spoiler anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom