• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT14| Juan Flew Into The Slug's Nest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blablurn

Bfd3cbrIIAEXrI9.jpg:large

Blablurn

How did you become a supporter of your favourite football team? In my case i received a lot of influence from my dad who is a Bayern fan since the 60s.

kharma45

laboured I bought Splinter Cell Blacklist on your recommendation. Couldn't say no at £7.65. Annoyed though I missed it last month for a fiver.

L1NETT

How did you become a supporter of your favourite football team? In my case i received a lot of influence from my dad who is a Bayern fan since the 60s.

I think Parents can be a big influence tbh. But they also can be a push in the opposite direction.

Me, was born there/ first team I saw live. No family links (mostly United/Derby fans) but being originally from there, had a connection I guess. Can never remember choosing to support them.

Became a Chelsea fan because I've always played with them in FIFA ,since FIFA 08, against my friend.

And root for my hometown team, ADO Den Haag, which is such an depressing ordeal.

bjaelke

Same team as the derby.

Liverpool FC @LFC
Confirmed #LFC team v @WBAFCofficial: Mignolet, Flanagan, Cissokho, Toure, Skrtel, Gerrard, Henderson, Sterling, Coutinho, Suarez, Sturridge

Subs: Jones, Kelly, Ibe, Allen, Alberto, Aspas, Moses

Is it more enjoyable to support a good team with ups and downs, contending for trophies but not bing guaranteed them, or a team that just twats everyone aside and expect to win every game?

Unchanged team, good. Would have liked Kelly instead of Cissokho, but that front 6 had to remain

Beaten.

Unchanged side is good though. We just have to play hard and make them lose the ball in their own half more. They won't attack half as well as Everton.

Here's the shape it seems.
BfeB7f5IEAEOd30.jpg

WBA are apparently 4-4-2 with Vydra and Berahino up front. Berahino is the danger, he's quick, has a good shot and his movement has been decent too. Often drifts out wide to find space and set up attacks.

When my dad and his family moved from Parma to London in the 60s they moved to a street called Avenell Road. It just so happens that the road happened to have a stadium on it named Arsenal Stadium.

My dad raised me an Arsenal fan and I always had little Arsenal stuff when I was young. He took me to my first game, which was Arsenal-Torino when I was 6 in the season we won the cup winners cup. Arsenal also happen to be my local team, although my borough is Haringay, which is home to the yids.

My dad was a big Parma fan and went to the CWC final at Wembley in 93 and they were my early Italian team, and I still always hope they do well. But my first memory of La Nazionale was the summer of 94 and my heart belonged to a man named Baggio, so Juve became my Italian team.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
My Grandad was from Ireland and supported United for many many years, he got my mum and uncle into it and being a rebel my Uncle supported Arsenal, the United love flowed to me. In fairness I was supporting them before they won their first PL trophy, though one of my first memories is them winning it back at the PLs formation, good times.

Fry

Same team as the derby.

Liverpool FC @LFC
Confirmed #LFC team v @WBAFCofficial: Mignolet, Flanagan, Cissokho, Toure, Skrtel, Gerrard, Henderson, Sterling, Coutinho, Suarez, Sturridge

Subs: Jones, Kelly, Ibe, Allen, Alberto, Aspas, Moses

iCmm4Bg9wjhhP.gif

King_Moc

Banned

I've been supporting Liverpool since as long as i can remember. I recall arguing with Man Utd fans in school when i was 6 or 7. I think there were 2 Liverpool fans and about 7 or 8 United. And this was in the late 80's.

I also support Northampton Town (as that's where i'm from), but that's a bit depressing right now, lol.

Good to see you again Dark Machine!

tumblr_lqmzg46YNB1qhn6njo2_250.gif

Hello there Yurt! Good to be back!

This game is going to be different to Everton. I think West Brom will happily take a point or snatch and grab even at home. They won't want the ball as much, we need to take an early chance and bury them in the first half.

I hope Rodgers is here for decades.

Just screams 'Liverpool manager' atm, and did from very early on. Bit of a tit at times, but who isn't?

Gambit

My Grandpa was the reason. It went Grandpa -> Mum -> Me. Being born in Bayern did its part as well, obviously.

More interesting though, I distinctly remember when I became a football fan in general. It was the World Cup 1990, in particular the semi-final against England. The first world cup I could follow and understand (being 8) and then it had such a glorious end to it. That's what did it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom