• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT14| Juan Flew Into The Slug's Nest

Status
Not open for further replies.
All according to Keikaku.

SubtleClouds

Bf8XmydIcAANEFO.jpg

tumblr_m21lkfqMm61r5gvg1o1_250.gif

Feorax

See this is the frustrating thing for me; I do think I'm ready to leave University. I'm just terrified of landing in a job that'll have me spending all my time miserable and wishing I'd chosen to try do something I actually loved.

The quarter-life crisis is real.

I understand that fear. The mistake I made was taking something straight away where I was basically locked into it for 4 years. Hated it.

I would imagine your financial obligations aren't too horrendous right now, so just try different things where you can always leave if it's shite. When you find something you like, then focus on the long term.

Edit: Liverpool unchanged from Everton and WBA.

Darth Sonik

we need more FPS games
Really nervous about this game, Arsenal is the one team Liverpool really constantly struggle to perform well against.

The other big sides have been able to mostly rely on our inability to secure results in tight games, even when we dominate them.

Our naivety when it comes to pragmatic dogged football, and the dark arts used to kill games early, comes from a lack of Champions League competition, where we haven't had weekly run ins with tough competition where success/failure is always on the line, and away draws are precious.

Instead we have been in a really odd position, were we have been getting away with losing points softly, because we can play an attacking style almost every game, and just about manage to win enough to justify it.

Liverpool haven't been fighting for results at the top for years, and as result have gotten complacent, sloppy and happy to play nicely whatever the outcome.

bud

See this is the frustrating thing for me; I do think I'm ready to leave University. I'm just terrified of landing in a job that'll have me spending all my time miserable and wishing I'd chosen to try do something I actually loved.

The quarter-life crisis is real.
you sound exactly like me. i feel the same way.

and it very much is. i posted about it a year ago in this thread.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
For the first time in my 25 years of life I will be hoping Arsenal win today.

bud

i'm curious to see how arsenal will fuck this up. that liverpool team is utter shit with the exception of ss.

Tc91

I wonder how much of that negative mindset Moyes has taken to United? Considering he's brought his entire backroom staff who've been working under him for all those years I'd say it'd be pretty difficult to just ditch them and start afresh with completely new methods.

It's points like this which make a mockery of the whole 'give him time' argument because quite honestly it might not be a time sensitive issue, but rather an inherent flaw in the Moyes regime. .

Bollocks to that give him time nonsense. That will only get us in deeper shit with Moyes the guy isn't good enough for us, I think that's quite clear with all the records he's shit on.

watching food & drinks on bbc 1. i find it relaxing and therapeutic to watch cooking/food shows.

I was just watching that, dat lamb dish.

Barzul

Kroenke is at Anfield. Presumably to show JW Henry what we've been smoking at the Emirates. Top of the League cigarettes.

Have to imagine Gibbs isn't fully fit? He's a better player than Monreal, and more capable of dealing with pacy wingers.

Arsene did say he was carrying a niggle on Sunday though.

Feorax

This Suarez interview is really good.

I guess that explains why he hasn't used his twitter account since the summer.

I get the feeling Suarez loves playing in this league with it's physicality and pace, but wasn't happy with us last season or the media (not that he didn't bring most of the negative attention on himself, and not that moving to Arsenal would get the media off his back)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom